IPW:The 6th Annual BRAWL AT THE HALL, Sun 5th December, Sittingbourne

Andy

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing "official" is Chris Hero tweeting it may be a broken or dislocated shoulder/collarbone.

But then Eddie Edwards is a rock. This is the guy who broke his elbow on the Friday, then wrestled a Ladder War the next night and took only TWO months out.

Not like I'm condoning him to do this again if he needs to take the time off with his injury, but Eddie is a tough guy who knows his limits.

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that Eddie Edwards was coming over for an All Stars tour. On the plus side this means that IPW won't be out of pocket on their own for the flight if he's out; the downside is that an import replacement wouldn't be as likely unless it was also jointly arranged.

I agree that someone like PAC would be the ideal replacement at this time

Eddie is scheduled for a long weekend with shows for 3CW, WXW and ourselves. His flights have been purchased. Still waiting to hear back the official word on his injury, reports from last nights show suggest there is no break but the extent of the injury will no doubt not become clear until later in the week. We will keep our fingers crossed.

Pac will be in Japan on that date. Davey was originally booked for the date but had to take the tour of All Japan. As far as other potential replacements go I guess you will have to watch this space but we will do what we can given the short notice.

As soon as I know more I will be sure to let you guys know, whatever the situation turns out to be we will ensure that come December 5th you will get the absolute best wrestling show possible and I'm sure that anyone who has seen IPW in 2010 can back me up on that statement.

Davey was originally booked for the date but had to take the tour of New Japan. As far as other potential replacements go I guess you will have to watch this space but we will do what we can given the short notice.

As soon as I know more I will be sure to let you guys know, whatever the situation turns out to be we will ensure that come December 5th you will get the absolute best wrestling show possible and I'm sure that anyone who has seen IPW in 2010 can back me up on that statement.

Just a quick correction.

I had a thought IF Eddie is definitely out, how about the Lion Kid if he's available?

After a somewhat negative reaction to their match for Dragon Gate UK, maybe they could get one more shot? I'm sure a balls to the wall cruserweight sprint in Sittingbourne will be a lot better received than the match they tried to have in Broxbourne for that audience.

Davey was originally booked for the date but had to take the tour of New Japan. As far as other potential replacements go I guess you will have to watch this space but we will do what we can given the short notice.

Just a quick correction.

I had a thought IF Eddie is definitely out, how about the Lion Kid if he's available?

After a somewhat negative reaction to their match for Dragon Gate UK, maybe they could get one more shot? I'm sure a balls to the wall cruserweight sprint in Sittingbourne will be a lot better received than the match they tried to have in Broxbourne for that audience.

Lion Kid is with Dragongate until the end of the year so it wont be possible to see him in an IPW ring until 2011. Lets just wait and see what happens :thumbsup:

Just a quick correction.

Hmmm I doubt the same 4 or 5 extremely loud people that caused what many perceieved as this overwelming negitive reaction are unliklely to be in attendance at Sittingbourne, they haven't been there before and would be surprised if they would be there. They already had a possible IPW match of the year contender in Nov 2009 at the same place (was on the first DG:UK dvd) and with Lion being on his travels currently it is unlikely he will be available.

Mark, it wasn't the 4/5 loud people in the audience I was talking about. It's been the general perceived notion after the fact that that match wasn't as good as what it could have been.

But it's all a moot point seen as LK is not available and with any luck Eddie Edwards will still make the trip.

Mark, it wasn't the 4/5 loud people in the audience I was talking about. It's been the general perceived notion after the fact that that match wasn't as good as what it could have been.

But it's all a moot point seen as LK is not available and with any luck Eddie Edwards will still make the trip.

I understand your views totally, the post show negitivity was fair enough, however having the benifit of seeing it back just futher compounds the fact of while the match wasn't up to the sittingbourne match, the two guys had, what I would say would have been one of the better matches on any other show. Possibly evening have been a contender for match of the night, however, this wasn't just any other show.......

Personally I hope Edwards takes the time to recover, he is an incredible competitor, we had him over for Noah in 08 and was a top guy in and out the ring, but he needs to be fully fit to elongate his career.

Archived