Replacing iPhone screen

Weezenal

• Paid Members

Last night I dropped my Iphone 3G and the screen has a lovely shattered glass effect now (not an app sadly) and so I am looking for somewhere to replace the screen. I had a look on Youtube as there is a tutorial but don't want to risk doing it myself. Does anyone know anywhere in London that would change it for me?

• 8 months later...

Hopefully I'll have a bit more luck than Weezenal has with this thread.

I've just joined the iPhone family. Got one second hand (because it's cheaper) and the phone itself is perfectly fine, but the screen has a scratch about 5mm wide and pretty much in the centre of the screen. I can't complain given the price I've paid for it, but like Weezenal I am looking for somewhere that can replace it for me.

I've considered doing it myself. I replaced a screen on my old touch screen and it went OK, but as this is worth substantially more and the fact I've only just got it then I don't really want to mess around with it.

So where is the best place to go? I don't mean where in the town I live, more should I try a certain mobile phone shops like O2? Market stall? Generic mobile phone shop?

Any help appreciated.

I've just joined the iPhone family. Got one second hand (because it's cheaper) and the phone itself is perfectly fine, but the screen has a scratch about 5mm wide and pretty much in the centre of the screen. I can't complain given the price I've paid for it, but like Weezenal I am looking for somewhere that can replace it for me.

I've considered doing it myself. I replaced a screen on my old touch screen and it went OK, but as this is worth substantially more and the fact I've only just got it then I don't really want to mess around with it.

So where is the best place to go? I don't mean where in the town I live, more should I try a certain mobile phone shops like O2? Market stall? Generic mobile phone shop?

Any help appreciated.

How much did you get hold of yours for if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking at picking up a second hand one; it's pointless getting a new one or an iPhone 4 on contract because it'll just get wrecked at work.

Have you put a bog-standard pay and go sim card in? I've got a pay-as-you-go sim card with o2 at the moment, a fiver a month for unlimited texts so I'd just put that in if it'd work.

Cheers

Any help appreciated.

How much did you get hold of yours for if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking at picking up a second hand one; it's pointless getting a new one or an iPhone 4 on contract because it'll just get wrecked at work.

Have you put a bog-standard pay and go sim card in? I've got a pay-as-you-go sim card with o2 at the moment, a fiver a month for unlimited texts so I'd just put that in if it'd work.

Cheers

I got the iPhone 3G, which whilst not the latest one out it is still a step up from my iPod. Got it for

Archived