Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

By Siobhan McFadyen ( Notw )

Celtic have banned a charity from selling poppies at Parkhead for Rememberance Sunday .

Now fundraisers are hoping that hoops chairman John Reid - former defence Secretary - will overturnn the ruling.

The ban follows protestes by supporters who claim poppies are " hugely insensitive " to Irish fans.

The Poppy Appeal,with its 48 member charities,helps raise millions for war veterans injured in active service.

A charity insider said : " We've never been turned away by any of the big clubs and we find it shocking that Celtic would implement this ban " .

Our welfare work is a lifeline for thousands.We hope Mr Reid will reconsider ".

About 100 fansd walked out of a match in2008 when players wore poppies on their shirts.

But most of the 50,000 fans joined a one-minute round of applause to mark the anniversary of the end of WWI.

A Celtic spokesman said " We don't do collections in the grounds for anything ".

What a classy, classy football club.

How can poppies offend Irish supporters when tens of thousands of Irish troops died in WW2?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We exhausted the poppy discussions in both 2008 and 2009, I can't be bothered with it again this year. Take it up with Paul Hartley if you fancy a barmy about it - he made quite the point of not wearing one on Sportscene during the week, when Rob McLean and Pat Nevin had them displayed pretty prominently.

Anyways. Stokes diving? He didn't claim for anything and had lost his footing due to his momentum. Naismith and, of course, Broadfoot, dived even worse at Parkhead last week. Tit for tat gets boring, but this isn't "tit for tat":

attemptatmurder1.jpg

attemptatmurder2.jpg

attack.jpg

The thuggery and bully tactics this subhuman scum gets away with is pretty appalling. He is an absolute coward and symbolises everything that is wrong with Scottish philosophies of football. He can dish it out but can't take it - a true wanker of the sport.

Foran deserved it, the cunt. Shouldn't even have been on the park. Why don't you go and find a picture of him doing Edu about 3 seconds after the ball was away and put him in doubt for the Valencia trip?

I'll do it for you...

http://willievass.photoshelter.com/gallery...0000JHo9AzDephQ

Oh right. That clearly excuses Elbows making a deliberate attempt to injury another player YET AGAIN. :rolleyes:

This isnt ice hockey where the teams have 'inforcers' to fight for their team, its football and regardless of what went on before Elbows should have been off and facing a lengthy ban.*

*Not for the first time either

Foran deserved it, the cunt. Shouldn't even have been on the park. Why don't you go and find a picture of him doing Edu about 3 seconds after the ball was away and put him in doubt for the Valencia trip?

I'll do it for you...

Oh right. That clearly excuses Elbows making a deliberate attempt to injury another player YET AGAIN. :rolleyes:

This isnt ice hockey where the teams have 'inforcers' to fight for their team, its football and regardless of what went on before Elbows should have been off and facing a lengthy ban.*

And Foran's wasn't a deliberate attempt to injury Edu? Or is it only Rangers players that go out to injure others?

Short memories you cunts. Only last week the tims should have had two off for similar attempt to injure players. Not even mentioning Samaras kneeing McGregor in the head.

Isn't it also true that Celtic don't allow any outside organisation to collect for charity inside the stadium though?

Why should this instance be any different?

They offered to collect outside the stadium as well.

celtparkpicketsml.jpg

LET THE PEOPLE SING..... DIDDLY DIDDLY DEE

Ignoring the obvious above, why is anyone even still paying attention to Soapy's sensationalist wailings? We get it, you hate Rangers and everything associated with them, now move the fuck along and play a new tune. I'm not defending McCulloch's challenge, but there's no doubt that had he signed for Celtic way back when, he'd instead be "a strong gritty midfielder, just the type of guy we need to inspire at Celtic Park" or some other such bollocks. It really is tiresome.

McCullochs always put about going back to his early days as a striker at Motherwell, one of the old school, don't think it's fair to say he's a coward either. Always gives as good as he gets. Inverness have a few hammer throwers in the team too so i'd imagine it would have been a good battle. As Ally said Foran isn't any shrinking violet himself and Tokely has a reputation similarly of not being scared to put the boot in.

• Paid Members
Tokely is a fucking idiot. I absolutely despise that dirty cunt.

Absolutely 100% correct. For example his tackle on Mitch Megginson a few weeks ago was a fucking disgrace - and somehow only merited a yellow card.

Had that been a tackle by/against any Old Firm player the angry mob would have been out demanding justice.

I'll do it for you...

And Foran's wasn't a deliberate attempt to injury Edu? Or is it only Rangers players that go out to injure others?

Short memories you cunts. Only last week the tims should have had two off for similar attempt to injure players. Not even mentioning Samaras kneeing McGregor in the head.

Fuck off Ally you prick. Elbows does it every fucking week. The shite David Weir gets away with is a joke. How many players has the old cunt grabbed by the throat this season huh? What about Mc Gregor's kick at the aberdeen player which only led to a one game ban? I could go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and you fucking well know it.

Ignoring the obvious above, why is anyone even still paying attention to Soapy's sensationalist wailings? We get it, you hate Rangers and everything associated with them, now move the fuck along and play a new tune. I'm not defending McCulloch's challenge, but there's no doubt that had he signed for Celtic way back when, he'd instead be "a strong gritty midfielder, just the type of guy we need to inspire at Celtic Park" or some other such bollocks. It really is tiresome.

Lee McCulloch is an enemy to the game of football. He is not a 'midfield enforcer'. The man is a licensed thug and has been granted the power to do whatever he likes on the field.

I'll tell you a story. I was in a hotel in Puerto Pollensa in April, and as I was sat at the bar having a beer, I had the misfortune to overhear a conversation between a man and his wife as Inter Milan played their home tie against Barcelona in the Champions League. Messi was on the ball, and the man said something to the effect of: "world's best player - who cares? Kick him off the park. Kick him until he isn't effective anymore. I'd take the gamble of a penalty or the red card - as long as he isn't on the park anymore."

It wasn't a coincidence that earlier on in the evening, I'd heard the same guy pretty much writhe in joy when he'd received the news from back in Glasgow that the last Old Firm game of the season fell on a midweek date when Rangers had the chance to win the league at Parkhead.

This is the Rangers mentality. I don't care what challenges you can cast up from the murky past, or what petty arguments you have that could possibly devalue this point. I'm telling you - right now - that I loathe your horrible club with every fibre of my being. But that night in sunny Spain, this copper (I could tell from his broad shoulders and his coarse demeanour that this guy was polis) was the same scum of the earth that sits in Ibrox week in, week out.

Archived