Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I'm sure if I was sad enough I could compile a list of similar length of decisions that have went against us. I'm sure the other 10 SPL teams fans could as well.

I hope Lennon's letter includes the decisions that shouldn't have gone your way on Sunday as well btw. Fucking fanny.

Sporting Integrity FC embarrass themselves again.

Yes you could. I doubt you could take them all from the one season though unless you're nitpicking at free kicks that led to nothing rather than decisions that cost you games or handed your rivals games.

So because our players are good enough to win games in spite of bad refereeing decisions, that means those decisions didn't happen?

Two of our key players are currently injured from challenges that SHOULD've been two straight red cards. The fact that we went on to win those games doesn't somehow make those decisions right does it? Or do you think Collum went "Well that was clearly a red but Loovens and Majstorovic are pish so no doubt Rangers will win anyway"?

To be honest, as a Celtic fan, I think you should be asking why your manager is going on about "getting the big decisions right" when he played 4-2-4 (and then 4-3-3) against a team that have been exceptional at playing defensive football this season? That was just as bad a decision as any of Collum's but, funnily enough, no one is asking Lennon for an explanation.

Double post but rumour has it Dougie McDonald has been downgraded from Grade 1 refereeing. Great news. Shite referee.

Yup, seems like there's all sorts of hell waiting to break loose over this one. Steven Craven has already resigned after being hung out to dry by the SFA. He didn't disagree with Dougie McDonald's initial decision to award a penalty to Celtic at Tannadice. So why did Mr McDonald seek his advice anyway? And why did he then rescind the penalty decision, with Mr Craven being commended in the aftermath for making a "brave decision" which he didn't make at all? Suggestions that the decision was made by the fourth official, who had seen the television replay and (illegally) communicated to Mr McDonald that the penalty should not be given.

EDIT to add: quality from the CU Twitter: "Controversy at tonight's Motherwell Dundee united game when Willie Collum awarded Rangers a penalty."

• Paid Members
Why would all the referees favour the Glasgow Rangers? I'd say there are more Celtic fans in Scotland, why not side with them?

Where do you live? There is far more Rangers fans in Scotland.

I live in a predominately Celtic area, but come on now. I'm a Rangers fan and even I know Celtic have more supporters.

There's definately more Celtic supporters in Greenock as well. And when I say more, I mean much much more.

As for decisions going against the other sides, it doesn't happen as much to them because they don't have the spotlight of live TV cameras and 50 replays on them most of the time.

There's definately more Celtic supporters in Greenock as well. And when I say more, I mean much much more.

As for decisions going against the other sides, it doesn't happen as much to them because they don't have the spotlight of live TV cameras and 50 replays on them most of the time.

To find the answer is impossible but to throw a blanket stereotype over the question one could use the following stat as a rule of thumb. 17.5% of the population are brought up Roman Catholic and 47.3% were brought up in the Church of Scotland.

There are off course odd exceptions to the rule.

To find the answer is impossible but to throw a blanket stereotype over the question one could use the following stat as a rule of thumb. 17.5% of the population are brought up Roman Catholic and 47.3% were brought up in the Church of Scotland.

So everybody that is Chruch of Scotland is a Rangers fan.

It's pointless trying Baz, Celtic fans like to call themselves outnumbered. It adds to their paranoia and their "everybody is against us" policy.

It's pointless trying Baz, Celtic fans like to call themselves outnumbered. It adds to their paranoia and their "everybody is against us" policy.

Which, of course, is nothing like saying "no-one likes us, we don't care!"

I've never heard a Celtic fan calling themselves "outnumbered" or promote an air of everybody being against us. Indeed, travel outside Scotland to Barcelona and Villarreal, to Milan and Seville and you'll find that quite the opposite is true.

There is no way of ever knowing how many Celtic fans and how many Rangers fans there are in Scotland, but I've always thought it was commonly accepted that Rangers are the most supported club in Scotland. Celtic have a wider fanbase, but Rangers have a stronger support in Scotland.

I didn't say that.

Of course not every Protestant supports Rangers but by the same token neither does every Catholic support Celtic or indeed follow football. If you start with a bigger share of the pie you will end up with a bigger number.

• Paid Members
I've always thought it was commonly accepted that Rangers are the most supported club in Scotland. Celtic have a wider fanbase, but Rangers have a stronger support in Scotland.

This is probably about right.

Certainly in Aberdeen and the North-east there is a huge amount of Rangers supporters.

Which, of course, is nothing like saying "no-one likes us, we don't care!"

I've never heard a Celtic fan calling themselves "outnumbered" or promote an air of everybody being against us. Indeed, travel outside Scotland to Barcelona and Villarreal, to Milan and Seville and you'll find that quite the opposite is true.

There is no way of ever knowing how many Celtic fans and how many Rangers fans there are in Scotland, but I've always thought it was commonly accepted that Rangers are the most supported club in Scotland. Celtic have a wider fanbase, but Rangers have a stronger support in Scotland.

I'd say thats more accurate way of describing it and the way i've always seen it.

I've always thought it was commonly accepted that Rangers are the most supported club in Scotland. Celtic have a wider fanbase, but Rangers have a stronger support in Scotland.

This is probably about right.

Certainly in Aberdeen and the North-east there is a huge amount of Rangers supporters.

It's also amazing the amount of Motherwell fans that work in supermarkets. Fact. I've worked part time in 2 supermarkets and knew no less than 11 Motherwell fans.

I worked in a call centre during the Summer and there was a big lad who worked there who was a Motherwell season ticket holder - at least, that's what his party line was to come across as superior when football discussions cropped up (it was the most bizarre thing: we sat in mostly the same positions every day, so in our part of the office, there was: a Celtic fan, a Rangers fan, a Falkirk fan, a Motherwell fan, a Man Utd fan, a Newcastle fan, a Deportivo La Coruna fan and a Napoli fan).

This cunt might as well have worn a Rangers jersey to work every day though: he was the most embittered anti-Celtic guy I have ever encountered in my life, and this is including my experiences with legions of Huns in my lifetime.

Archived