Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
I think people missed my point. I wasn't saying Edu's was a foul, I was saying Fortune's wasn't and that Rangers fans were being hypocrites claiming one to be a good goal and the other to be a correctly called foul. They both were perfectly good goals.

I'll have to watch Edu's goal again. I didn't see him impeding the keeper last night but I doubt Haraga's lying about it so I'll have another look.

I disagree that it's hypocritical though. If the goal got chopped off and we insisted that, not only should it have stood, but it conclusively proved that there was an Anti-Rangers bias in European Football and demanded to know which team the Ref supported, then THAT would be hypocritical. As it is we (apparently) got a lucky break. It happens.

For the record, I thought Fortune's goal was wrongly chopped off at time as well. It was only when someone told me to specifically watch his arm that I noticed it. It was actually a really good call from the Referee, which is something you can't say very often in Scottish Football.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Edu's own goal. That was one of the best headers I've ever seen, pity it was in the wrong end.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think people missed my point. I wasn't saying Edu's was a foul, I was saying Fortune's wasn't and that Rangers fans were being hypocrites claiming one to be a good goal and the other to be a correctly called foul. They both were perfectly good goals.

I'll have to watch Edu's goal again. I didn't see him impeding the keeper last night but I doubt Haraga's lying about it so I'll have another look.

I disagree that it's hypocritical though. If the goal got chopped off and we insisted that, not only should it have stood, but it conclusively proved that there was an Anti-Rangers bias in European Football and demanded to know which team the Ref supported, then THAT would be hypocritical. As it is we (apparently) got a lucky break. It happens.

For the record, I thought Fortune's goal was wrongly chopped off at time as well. It was only when someone told me to specifically watch his arm that I noticed it. It was actually a really good call from the Referee, which is something you can't say very often in Scottish Football.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Edu's own goal. That was one of the best headers I've ever seen, pity it was in the wrong end.

No you didn't. That is my whole point.

Yes they did, unless you're suggesting throwing your arm over the keeper's face and blocking their vision is legal in football.

He never threw his arm infront of the keeper for fuck sake. I've stayed out of this but it's got to the point where I can't now. Edu jumped infront of him and got to the ball first, plan and simple. He never touched the keeper before he touched the ball. The protection given to keepers is bad enough as it is. If people are saying things like this are fouls then we may aswell just turn the thing into a non contact sport.

If you honestly think that was a foul, then you need your head checked.

Artur Boruc may return to Scotland

Action Images

We just came to Fiorentina, and in January it may go. Artur Boruc does not want to be a backup goalie, and declared his willingness to depart if the situation does not change. This encouraged other clubs to act, including one from Scotland.

>> Weekly Football News with 3.60 zł every Wednesday. Now 48 pages!

Boruc to Fiorentina hit with Glasgow Celtic, and now, as the Italian media to inform, interest in the Aberdeen FC. If the Polish goalkeeper came to this - as the Scottish average conditions - the club, the place would become his biggest star.

Fiorentina Authorities announced recently that it did not sell Boruc. The only hope for the Scots is therefore a loan. Especially since Aberdeen FC still can not afford a multimillion-dollar transfers.

Currently, a place between the goal posts titled Scottish ligowca struggling Mark Howard and Jamie Langfeld. None of them is not enough class goalkeeper, to effectively compete with Boruc, who this season had only two games in the Polish national team.

Boruc to Aberdeen rumour. :laugh::laugh:

• Paid Members
Artur Boruc may return to Scotland

Action Images

We just came to Fiorentina, and in January it may go. Artur Boruc does not want to be a backup goalie, and declared his willingness to depart if the situation does not change. This encouraged other clubs to act, including one from Scotland.

>> Weekly Football News with 3.60 zł every Wednesday. Now 48 pages!

Boruc to Fiorentina hit with Glasgow Celtic, and now, as the Italian media to inform, interest in the Aberdeen FC. If the Polish goalkeeper came to this - as the Scottish average conditions - the club, the place would become his biggest star.

Fiorentina Authorities announced recently that it did not sell Boruc. The only hope for the Scots is therefore a loan. Especially since Aberdeen FC still can not afford a multimillion-dollar transfers.

Currently, a place between the goal posts titled Scottish ligowca struggling Mark Howard and Jamie Langfeld. None of them is not enough class goalkeeper, to effectively compete with Boruc, who this season had only two games in the Polish national team.

Boruc to Aberdeen rumour. :laugh::laugh:

I knew this one would crop up eventually. As complete bollocks go this one is a cracker! :laugh:

It IS a foul. Challening any player, not just the keeper, and using your arm even if you get the ball first is a foul. Fortune's was a foul too.

It ISN'T a foul. There was no contact with the keeper until after he headed the ball.

I'm pretty sure he addressed that with it not mattering when he got the ball.

Plus, he is/was a ref, so he probably knows a bit on the subject.

Wouldn't look much into it as they're often massively wrong but according to Radio Clyde, Craven, the linesman in the Celtic vs Dundee United game, has resigned as there has been a "cover up". Dougie McDonald made the decision to change his mind, it was nothing to do with the linesman and he has stitched Craven up apparently.

Cowdenbeath 2-2 Morton

Everything wrong and right with football could be found in the first 45 minutes of this one. Two missed penalties, a HILARIOUS mistake from the keeper which led to him getting sent off, some comedy defending, some brilliant passing football, some magnificent solo skill and one goal which was stunning from Colin Cameron. Morton had FOUR shots cleared off the line as well as being the side that missed both penalties and we also had two good chances just past the post in the first half.

You'd be forgiven for thinking it was a different team in the second half. We dominated possession but had fuck all to show for it and the fight was completely gone. In the end, I'd say that a point was warranted. We created the better chances but Cowdenbeath played practically the whole match with 10 men and fought for every ball and worked hard to earn their point.

Wouldn't look much into it as they're often massively wrong but according to Radio Clyde, Craven, the linesman in the Celtic vs Dundee United game, has resigned as there has been a "cover up". Dougie McDonald made the decision to change his mind, it was nothing to do with the linesman and he has stitched Craven up apparently.

What made the penalty incident on Sunday so bizarre was that Steven Craven went straight to his position behind the goal-line and gave no indication whatsoever that he disagreed with Dougie McDonald's decision to award the penalty. So it's unclear exactly why McDonald sought the advice of his assistant. That's what's been bugging me about it all week.

It will be interesting to see what comes of this. Either Hugh Dallas or Dougie McDonald - or both - have been caught out in a gross deceit. If McDonald didn't lie in his match report by suggesting that Mr. Craven advised him that his penalty award was wrong then Hugh Dallas has fabricated the entire thing by coming out and speaking publically of Craven's "brave decision" to over-rule the referee.

Although, having said that, it's probably unlikely that any real punishment will be served to Dallas or McDonald. After all, this is an organisation which saw Jim Farry survive two internal investigations.

What made the penalty incident on Sunday so bizarre was that Steven Craven went straight to his position behind the goal-line and gave no indication whatsoever that he disagreed with Dougie McDonald's decision to award the penalty. So it's unclear exactly why McDonald sought the advice of his assistant. That's what's been bugging me about it all week.

It will be interesting to see what comes of this. Either Hugh Dallas or Dougie McDonald - or both - have been caught out in a gross deceit. If McDonald didn't lie in his match report by suggesting that Mr. Craven advised him that his penalty award was wrong then Hugh Dallas has fabricated the entire thing by coming out and speaking publically of Craven's "brave decision" to over-rule the referee.

Although, having said that, it's probably unlikely that any real punishment will be served to Dallas or McDonald. After all, this is an organisation which saw Jim Farry survive two internal investigations.

If Dallas and McDonald have stitched the assistant up, both should resign in my opinion. I highly doubt they would though.

Well hyped for the Old Firm game now, they're always a spectacle. With it being at Celtic Park, I'll be pleased with any result we get, but I'm expecting a 1-1 draw. That said, nicking a win would be brilliant. Gutted that we don't have any proper strikers available except Miller though; Laugherty is a big lug with a reasonable touch at the best of times, but at the worst (tomorrow) he's just pure awful. Hopefully Wattie will spring a surprise and play a 4-5-1.

Also looking forward to the post-OF comments from Soapy, whether they be "We are magnificent, have the best players ever and will win the league" or "Typical Rangers cheats/SFA cheats/Rangers-biased SFA cheats"

Come on Rangers!

Archived