Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

Was there any Rangers fans on here at New Year who thought chopping off Fortune's goal was the correct decision?

should broadfoots goal have been chopped off as well?

I don't even remember Broadfoot scoring. :confused:

Anyway, my point was that Fortune's was a perfectly acceptable goal as was Edu's which was almost the exact same situation yet Rangers fans claimed chopping off Fortune's was the correct decision but won't say the same about Edu's.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was there any Rangers fans on here at New Year who thought chopping off Fortune's goal was the correct decision?

should broadfoots goal have been chopped off as well?

I don't even remember Broadfoot scoring. :confused:

Anyway, my point was that Fortune's was a perfectly acceptable goal as was Edu's which was almost the exact same situation yet Rangers fans claimed chopping off Fortune's was the correct decision but won't say the same about Edu's.

He's talking about the game where we won 1-0 at the shoebox in December 2008, Scott McDonald scoring the winner. Broadfoot spilled the ball into the net after about 10 mins after essentially mauling Boruc.

• Paid Members
I personally don't think that a goal should be chopped off because the scorer got punched in the face.

Neither do I. That's my point.

I think I'm missing something here.

Fortune's goal got chopped off because he fouled McGregor. Edu's goal didn't get chopped off because he was the one that was fouled. Why are you comparing the two?

I've not seen a proper replay of the Edu goal since the game and I wish I'd watched the highlights now, because I watched the Fortune goal and he did impede the arm of McGregor. Infact in the replay it showed, it seemed quite definite. I don't know if Edu did the same thing, but ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm-sD9V3ZYA

... I'm convinced on that count.

Edu got punched in the face as he scored; I fail to see how that's a foul by him.

He's talking about the game where we won 1-0 at the shoebox in December 2008, Scott McDonald scoring the winner. Broadfoot spilled the ball into the net after about 10 mins after essentially mauling Boruc.

Was tonight a typical Rangers performance, Soapy? Or were the ten clear chances we had to score more becoming of the all-glorious Green and White Hooped Gods?

I've not seen a proper replay of the Edu goal since the game and I wish I'd watched the highlights now, because I watched the Fortune goal and he did impede the arm of McGregor. Infact in the replay it showed, it seemed quite definite. I don't know if Edu did the same thing, but ...

Bullshit. It was such a blatantly wrong decision that even pretty much the whole mainstream Scottish media had to concede so in the aftermath.

Bullshit. It was such a blatantly wrong decision that even pretty much the whole mainstream Scottish media had to concede so in the aftermath.

Interesting. I'd say that the video there is fairly good evidence that there was a foul. Fancy explaining why you feel different other than foaming at the mouth ?

Yeah! Fuck your video evidence! SFA CONSPIRACY!! HAIL HAIL!! 1967!!

The only evidence that youtube vid proves is that any reasonable person can see it was a perfectly fair goal.

If you're of the opinion that any slight contact, no matter how negligable equals a foul, then you'd also be saying that Edu's goal tonight was a foul (it wasn't btw), because his arm is all over the goalkeeper. In fact, if you were in any way consistent, pretty much any attempt to challenge a goalkeeper would be illegal.

The original comparison which brought this issue up is a perfectly legit one.

Except the 'keeper was never going to catch the ball tonight - he went with a missed punch and whacked Edu instead. McGregor would've had the ball in his hands if he'd not had Fortune's challenge impeding his left arm. That's why it was a foul whilst Edu's goal stood. But hey, you aren't going to read this anyway, since my avatar basically translates anything I say to "youz ur shite n ah hate thu cafflicks follo follo" for you.

Archived