Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

Imagine that, expecting people to be paid the money that they are owed. Shocking concept.

Especially when they are bringing players in for the new season.

The good thing is, our chairman isn't the type to let that kind of shit fly. He'll get his money one way or another.

What about the 19 players he let go in 2003 and never paid when he took the easy option to put Motherwell into Administration? He's the deffinition of a hypocrite.

On today, Weiss looks a fantastic player. Can't wait to see him running at defence's this season. Beatie still looks a few weeks away.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about the 19 players he let go in 2003 and never paid when he took the easy option to put Motherwell into Administration? He's the deffinition of a hypocrite.

The easy option? It was the only option.

The television deal fuck up (which happened courtesy of the Old Frim, by the way) left us in extreme financial trouble.

Besides, I don't see how that situation compares with the Cardiff situation.

They aren't in serious financial trouble, are they? Otherwise they wouldn't be bringing in more players.

The simple fact is, if they can afford new players, they can afford to pay for Paul Quinn.

Rangers did well today to beat Hibs, I fancied a draw there - more hoped than fancied. What happened with Lafferty/McGreggor, I didn't see the game?

McGregor took exception to Riordan going for the ball in front of him a wee bit late, so when Derek offered an apology, Greegs yelled at him, squared up to him then did the patented Lafferty Flop. The ref wasn't fooled and booked him.

Laugherty, meanwhile, was his usual slow useless self, and this caught up with him when he chucked himself into a challenge just before half time. McBride then booted the ball against him, so Kyle stood up and started bawling at him, trying to start a fight. They squared up a bit and the ref sent them both off for violent conduct.

We managed to get some points on the table after beating Killie 1-0 away, which is a good result.

Nick Blackman, the lad on loan from Blackburn, got his first of the season.

He looks like a special player, so I think it's best for 'Well fans to enjoy him while we can.

The easy option? It was the only option.

The television deal fuck up (which happened courtesy of the Old Frim, by the way) left us in extreme financial trouble.

Just like the current fuck up which is because every club bar the Old Firm and Aberdeen voted to stay with Setanta when Sky offered a better deal? And has left every Scottish club poorer than they've been for decades?

Look, we can get into the ins & outs of the television deals that the SPL has fucked up if you want, but none of that has anything to do with the fact that your statement about Boyle being a hypocrite for wanting the money that Cardiff owe us is ridiculous.

The circumstances at Cardiff and the situation at Motherwell when we went into administration are not even close to being the same.

Look, we can get into the ins & outs of the television deals that the SPL has fucked up if you want, but none of that has anything to do with the fact that your statement about Boyle being a hypocrite for wanting the money that Cardiff owe us is ridiculous.

The circumstances at Cardiff and the situation at Motherwell when we went into administration are not even close to being the same.

19 players at Motherwell never got their money from Boyle. Karl Reddy is said to be owed

• Paid Members
They aren't in serious financial trouble, are they? Otherwise they wouldn't be bringing in more players.

The simple fact is, if they can afford new players, they can afford to pay for Paul Quinn.

How are they affording new players? They have signed 1 player on a free? They have no paid any fee's for the players they have in?

Wow. A typically traditional and Rangers-like display at Easter Road this afternoon.

Good to see Kyle Lafferty isn't immune to red cards for his fucking inbred Hun behaviour after all.

If only they were honourable like the saintly Celtic, eh? Once again, Soapy tries to take the moral high ground. At least if it was a non-Celtic fan saying it, they'd have a leg to stand on.

Absolutely laughable display from McGregor, mind. Laugherty is just a dick and I've said before that I want rid of him, but Allan's behaviour is awful and frankly I'd like to see Smith drop him in favour of playing Alexander. He, much like his aforementioned team-mate, just doesn't learn.

Just while Alexander is mentioned, am I the only one who thinks he is actually better than McGregor?

Great performance from us today and nice to here a good atmosphere at Celtic Park. When Maloney and Fortune hit the post there was a surge of noise from the crowd and it really showed the fans are starting to get behind the team. Thank god for that as I don't know how much more of the fans getting on the players backs at every small thing I could take.

Wow. A typically traditional and Rangers-like display at Easter Road this afternoon.

Good to see Kyle Lafferty isn't immune to red cards for his fucking inbred Hun behaviour after all.

If only they were honourable like the saintly Celtic, eh? Once again, Soapy tries to take the moral high ground. At least if it was a non-Celtic fan saying it, they'd have a leg to stand on.

Absolutely laughable display from McGregor, mind. Laugherty is just a dick and I've said before that I want rid of him, but Allan's behaviour is awful and frankly I'd like to see Smith drop him in favour of playing Alexander. He, much like his aforementioned team-mate, just doesn't learn.

Just while Alexander is mentioned, am I the only one who thinks he is actually better than McGregor?

Great performance from us today and nice to here a good atmosphere at Celtic Park. When Maloney and Fortune hit the post there was a surge of noise from the crowd and it really showed the fans are starting to get behind the team. Thank god for that as I don't know how much more of the fans getting on the players backs at every small thing I could take.

nice to hear the self-proclaimed "greatest fans in the world" are back behind their team after beating the relegation fodder 4-0.... normal service will resume the first time u coume up against a hibs or hearts and dont play well.. still dont think lennon will be there next season

Archived