Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
aberdeen managed to scrape a 1-0 today, they will stay top unless Rangers or Celtic can pull a good few goals out the bag tomorrow...

I wouldn't quite go as far to say "scraped" as there was only 1 team going to win the game yesterday.

St Johnstone's only Plan of attack was to foul our goalkeeper (who was having a bad day anyway).

It was a pretty ugly win but as has been said elsewhere in this thread "a win is a win".

Unlike some I'm not going to get over-excited just yet BUT I told you McGhee would come good! :smug:

Wow. A typically traditional and Rangers-like display at Easter Road this afternoon.

Good to see Kyle Lafferty isn't immune to red cards for his fucking inbred Hun behaviour after all.

If only they were honourable like the saintly Celtic, eh? Once again, Soapy tries to take the moral high ground. At least if it was a non-Celtic fan saying it, they'd have a leg to stand on.

Absolutely laughable display from McGregor, mind. Laugherty is just a dick and I've said before that I want rid of him, but Allan's behaviour is awful and frankly I'd like to see Smith drop him in favour of playing Alexander. He, much like his aforementioned team-mate, just doesn't learn.

• Paid Members
Unlike some I'm not going to get over-excited just yet BUT I told you McGhee would come good! :smug:

Let's see if he can take his "bigger" club to a finish above the smaller side that he left then, shall we? ;)

I have no doubt that he will. No bother!

Motherwell can just stick to their hypocritical chairman embarassing himself on live television! :p

• Paid Members
Motherwell can just stick to their hypocritical chairman embarassing himself on live television! :p

Hypocritical? How so?

We sold Paul Quinn to Cardiff, and they have to pay for him.

That's how it works.

Imagine that, expecting people to be paid the money that they are owed. Shocking concept.

Am I the only one that thought the Lafferty/McBride stuff was handbags ? Surely a booking would have sufficed for both men in that instance ?

Nah, Lafferty had to go. We need him off the pitch to have any chance of playing football. Even better - he's suspended now!

Imagine that, expecting people to be paid the money that they are owed. Shocking concept.

Especially when they are bringing players in for the new season.

The good thing is, our chairman isn't the type to let that kind of shit fly. He'll get his money one way or another.

Celtic were phenominal this afternoon, allbeit against pash opposition. Much smoother, calmer... Brown even played well :confused:

360 SPL minutes without conceding a goal I believe I heard. 10 SPL matches in a row for Saint Neil as well.

Rangers did well today to beat Hibs, I fancied a draw there - more hoped than fancied. What happened with Lafferty/McGreggor, I didn't see the game?

Juarez, Forrest and Kayal all looking particularly impressive and bringing out more of Broony (not as if he could have been contributing much less mind).

St. Mirren need to step up there pace ten times over fast if they're hoping to stay in the SPL this season - absolutely pish. My mate McQuades playing for them now, would've liked to see him get a run out against his boyhood heros today - but shock horror he was injured. Good player with skill but lacks on the fitness side and very injury prone. Definitely good enough, just doubt his fitness will match his skill. All the best to him and St. Mirren though - they really need to work on the pace of the game and stringing passes together from what I saw today.

Hail Hail!

Archived