Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
I would be very surprised if he ended up at Rangers. After his Bebo tirades at Barry Ferguson and Rangers in general, he would never be accepted there. Plus he is a HUUUUUUUUUUGE tim.

I think he'd go to Ibrox. He'll know there's little chance he'll start at Celtic given the strength of their squad, and he'll know Rangers is his best chance of playing Champion's League football at some stage. If Craig Whyte takes over there might even be a chance of him earning a decent wage.

However, the success of Charlie Adam might make the idea of the Championship even more appealing to middle-of-the-road SPL players. We'll just have to wait and see what happens at the season end I guess.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if we're getting anyone from Pittodrie, it's Foster. I was nailed on certain that he would return to the Dons at the end of the season until Bougherra said he's off and Weir basically confirmed his retirement, so I think Ally will go after him due to us losing three of our four first choice defenders in summer (Papac still hasn't signed his new contract) and I think Foster will want to stay, perhaps making him more worth the money to Aberdeen.

Also meant to ask Aberdeen fans, how did Lee Kilday play today for Hamilton? He has been a mate of mine since I was about 5 and for some reason never gives his own judgement on his performances.

• Paid Members
Also meant to ask Aberdeen fans, how did Lee Kilday play today for Hamilton? He has been a mate of mine since I was about 5 and for some reason never gives his own judgement on his performances.

Yeah he did alright. I missed the first 5 minutes so I wondered who he was actually as I'd never heard of him.

Both teams were pretty awful to be totally honest though.

Be good to get it put to bed in Greenock but nothing would satisfy me more than clinching it in front of Falkirk on the last day of the season.

As far as I was concerned you'd clinched it in front of Falkirk on the first day of the season. Raith hung around longer than expected and Dundee had to get slapped but seriously, from the showing we gave on the first day of the seaon Falkirk were never in it. I'm actually quite glad to see you go up, although my knowledge of the ever changing financial matters of Scotiish football is in a state of unfortunate flux, I'm assuming you'd have had a larger budget than Raith next year so our chances will be greater as long as the dreaded 10 team league doesn't get an almighty push. Congrats and all that but in an extremely bitter and resentful kind of way.

• Paid Members

Yeah he did alright. I missed the first 5 minutes so I wondered who he was actually as I'd never heard of him.

Both teams were pretty awful to be totally honest though.

Yeah I think he did alright. Messed up a few times due to what looked like nerves.

Doesn't come close to my mate Graeme Shinnie though. :p

Nice to see him surpass his brother Andy.

It looks as though we'll be getting 16,000 tickets for the final against Celtic.

Good? Bad?

We'd shift 20,000 easy I think, but apparently the "wee" teams aren't entitled to a 50/50 split.

You didn't even shift 10,000 for the semi. Do you really think that justifies giving you 20,000 for fairweather fans just because it's the final? The SFA need to make money. I'm not saying it's fair but you can see why they do it.

You didn't even shift 10,000 for the semi. Do you really think that justifies giving you 20,000 for fairweather fans just because it's the final? The SFA need to make money. I'm not saying it's fair but you can see why they do it.

Yes, I do.

It's a national final, and our first in 20 years. I know personally of at least five people who are coming home from abroad for the game, which I'm sure will be commonplace for many other 'Well fans. Those people weren't going to fork out hundreds of pounds in airfare to come home and go to the semi-final.

I know it's usually the done thing that Scottish football revolves around the two religious establishments in Glasgow, but I'd hope the SFA won't cave in this instance. The simple solution is, give Motherwell 50% of the tickets that are available for club sale and then the club can return any that it does't get rid of for Celtic to have.

I guarantee though, there wouldn't be many left from a total of 20,000.

As for the SFA making money, I don't quite understand your point. If we sell 20,000 tickets they'll make money. If we sell 17,000 and Celtic shift the other 3,00 they still make money.

Yes, I do.

It's a national final, and our first in 20 years. I know personally of at least five people who are coming home from abroad for the game, which I'm sure will be commonplace for many other 'Well fans. Those people weren't going to fork out hundreds of pounds in airfare to come home and go to the semi-final.

I know it's usually the done thing that Scottish football revolves around the two religious establishments in Glasgow, but I'd hope the SFA won't cave in this instance. The simple solution is, give Motherwell 50% of the tickets that are available for club sale and then the club can return any that it does't get rid of for Celtic to have.

I guarantee though, there wouldn't be many left from a total of 20,000.

As for the SFA making money, I don't quite understand your point. If we sell 20,000 tickets they'll make money. If we sell 17,000 and Celtic shift the other 3,00 they still make money.

You had the Davie Cooper League Cup Final so not really the first in 20 years.

For me the tickets for a final should go to the people that were there on the road to the final. If there was 20,000 fans of whatever team was in the semis I would say they deserve it. At a push Motherwell should get their stadiums capacity but no more.

You had the Davie Cooper League Cup Final so not really the first in 20 years.

The league cup isn't quite the Scottish cup though, is it? There will be a level of excitement in the area that simply didn't exist for the league cup final.

I think if we're getting anyone from Pittodrie, it's Foster. I was nailed on certain that he would return to the Dons at the end of the season until Bougherra said he's off and Weir basically confirmed his retirement, so I think Ally will go after him due to us losing three of our four first choice defenders in summer (Papac still hasn't signed his new contract) and I think Foster will want to stay, perhaps making him more worth the money to Aberdeen.

McCoist has told Foster he wants him there next year. Aberdeen are looking for over

• Paid Members

McCoist has told Foster he wants him there next year. Aberdeen are looking for over

Archived