Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

moron", is it any wonder other people over-react and do this? As in why is Lennon wondering why this is happening to him. Key words are "then wonder why". Maybe you should read the post properly.

Away you go.

I've had more than my fair share of arguments with Martyn (football related, I may add), but I'm almost 100% certain that he doesn't think that Lennon deserves what's happening. His point is pretty clear if you read what he's saying.

The behaviour of you lot (both sides of the old firm) are an embarrassment to not just Scottish football, but this country as a whole. Both of you, supporters & clubs, need to take a long, hard look at yourselves.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You been to Tynecastle? It's one of the few grounds I haven't been to and I hear it's a good place to go.

A few times, yeah. I hear they're doing some sort of Royal wedding gimmick for the game tomorrow. Anyone who has the first name William or Kate is entitled to a free match ticket!

moron", is it any wonder other people over-react and do this? As in why is Lennon wondering why this is happening to him. Key words are "then wonder why". Maybe you should read the post properly.

Away you go.

I've had more than my fair share of arguments with Martyn (football related, I may add), but I'm almost 100% certain that he doesn't think that Lennon deserves what's happening. His point is pretty clear if you read what he's saying.

The behaviour of you lot (both sides of the old firm) are an embarrassment to not just Scottish football, but this country as a whole. Both of you, supporters & clubs, need to take a long, hard look at yourselves.

This is hilarious stuff from a Motherwell fan. Why do non-Old Firm teams all seem to think they don't have problems as well? Your supporters whenever Celtic or Rangers visit need to take a look at themselves. You can't go around slagging off the Old Firm for their supporters when your own team hardly has an unblemished record.

This is hilarious stuff from a Motherwell fan. Why do non-Old Firm teams all seem to think they don't have problems as well? Your supporters whenever Celtic or Rangers visit need to take a look at themselves. You can't go around slagging off the Old Firm for their supporters when your own team hardly has an unblemished record.

I never claimed we were totally clean when it comes to fan behaviour, but I don't think there's any other football rivalry in the UK that matches you lot for sheer hatred and petty behaviour.

The day that we see a Government summit being called for to deal with the behaviour at a Motherwell vs Hamilton game, and the effects it has on the country as a whole I'll take back any comments I make about the behaviour of old firm fans.

• Paid Members

Building for next season has started already for us. Rob Milsom and Clark Robertson have signed 2 year deals. Milsom has been great since he arrived in January. Hopefully Robertson has recovered from from being mauled under the shambles of McGhee's tenure.

Also we have signed a new deal for Adidas to provide our new kit. No more Nike and Just Sport thankfully.

I don't know what's more pleasing, the prospect of pulling on the brand new red shirt with three stripes and two stars on it or knowing that Zander Diamond won't get the chance to do the same. :cool:

Building for next season has started already for us. Rob Milsom and Clark Robertson have signed 2 year deals. Milsom has been great since he arrived in January. Hopefully Robertson has recovered from from being mauled under the shambles of McGhee's tenure.

Also we have signed a new deal for Adidas to provide our new kit. No more Nike and Just Sport thankfully.

I don't know what's more pleasing, the prospect of pulling on the brand new red shirt with three stripes and two stars on it or knowing that Zander Diamond won't get the chance to do the same. :cool:

Am I right in thinking Aberdeen never had any sort of deal with Nike? Sure I read that.

• Paid Members

Am I right in thinking Aberdeen never had any sort of deal with Nike? Sure I read that.

Correct. The deal was with Just Sport to run the club shops and be a secondary provider of the kit. Our current kit is basically a generic Nike design with a logo/sponsor added.

Our club shop is a joke. The Just Sport deal means only the 2 club shops could sell the kit But they hardly ever had any stock available and it was a major hassle to get names/numbers on the back. Good riddance.

Is anyone going to any games tomorrow? I'm missing the Morton game thanks to PBW.

I've got my teams final game of the season (Ardeer Thistle vs Ardrossan Winton Rovers). Winton beat us 7-2 in the opening league game and won promotion in Wednesday so it'll be a tough game. What could make it even tougher is that I've heard our goalkeeper is missing the game due to religious reasons, this being Holy Saturday. We don't have a backup goalkeeper so I hope we get a decent trialist in for the game if thats the case.

• Paid Members

I remember the 1999 "Hugh Dallas meets a 50p" match and I remember them after it saying that now, under NO circumstances, would an Old Firm match be played on the Sunday of a Bank Holiday weekend. Why has that went out of the window? Going to be chaos.

P.S. I see Steve Davis and Kyle Lafferty will be having extra security too.

Is anyone going to any games tomorrow? I'm missing the Morton game thanks to PBW.

Shettleston vs St. Anthony's probably.

I remember the 1999 "Hugh Dallas meets a 50p" match and I remember them after it saying that now, under NO circumstances, would an Old Firm match be played on the Sunday of a Bank Holiday weekend. Why has that went out of the window? Going to be chaos.

P.S. I see Steve Davis and Kyle Lafferty will be having extra security too.

Shettleston vs St. Anthony's probably.

Davis and Lafferty won't have any extra security according to police who say there has been no security advice given to them. Daily Record have printed a crock of shit to stir things up and police say the story is most unhelpful.

Archived