Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

Didn't the BBC report a wee bit after that saying that the suspensions will NOT be concurrently running?

The SFA's own regulations state that the ban, if not appealed, starts two weeks after the offence.

They told Celtic that the ban would start on the 16th of March.

The document is on their very own website.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is on the "as it happens" thing for the game.

1940: Uh-oh. BBC Scotland reporter Chris McLaughlin has just heard from the Scottish Football Association that it is their understanding that the two bans for Neil Lennon do NOT run concurrently and that the Celtic boss still has seven matches to go in the main stand.

• Paid Members

Scotland squad to face Brazil.....

Goalkeepers: Gordon (Sunderland), McGregor (Rangers), Turner (Everton)

Defenders: Bardsley (Sunderland), Berra (Wolverhampton Wanderers), G Caldwell (Wigan), Crainey (Blackpool), Hanley (Blackburn Rovers), Hutton (Tottenham), Whittaker (Rangers), D Wilson (Liverpool), M Wilson (Celtic)

Midfielders: Adam (Blackpool), Bannan (Aston Villa), Brown (Celtic), Commons (Celtic), Cowie (Watford), Davidson (St Johnstone), McArthur (Wigan Athletic), Morrison (West Brom)

Forwards: Maguire (Aberdeen), Miller (Bursaspor), Naismith (Rangers), Snodgrass (Leeds United)

I notice that Levein hasn't picked any Dundee United players for the game. Strange, eh?

Or, maybe not when you consider that the game takes place on Sunday, March 27th, which is two days before the Motherwell and Dundee United cup replay :sneaky:

If Ally and Lenny hadn't had their lil spat, none of this would have happened.. There is worse going on in the world, than a minor 5 second flash point in a football match.

Wish the media, cops, etc would get a grip.

Ultiamtely, all that will happen is the game on Sunday will go by without incident, the game will play out, in its usual fashion, as usual no flash points in the stadium from the fans, the usual number of arrests/steward ejections etc.

But the bottom line will be : New Policing Measures for Old Firm Hailed as Successful. = Massive PR boost, which, where, in actual fact, nothing has changed at all.

• Paid Members

Does anybody here follow the Juniors? "Juniors", for our non-Scottish readers, is the equivalent of the English Non-League. Here is a nice Wikipedia page explaining it..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Juni...all_Association

I went to Petershill vs Bo'ness in the Emirates Cup a few Saturdays back. Bo'ness won 1-0. It was a decent game. Petershill also have quite the good, new stadium there. Wouldn't look out of place in Div 2 or 3, that's for sure.

So, anybody follow a "Junior" team? Thanks!

Does anybody here follow the Juniors? "Juniors", for our non-Scottish readers, is the equivalent of the English Non-League. Here is a nice Wikipedia page explaining it..

I went to Petershill vs Bo'ness in the Emirates Cup a few Saturdays back. Bo'ness won 1-0. It was a decent game. Petershill also have quite the good, new stadium there. Wouldn't look out of place in Div 2 or 3, that's for sure.

I've seen you a couple of times on P & B baz. I'm on the committee of Ardeer Thistle, two tiers below Petershill & probably the worst team in the West of Scotland in the two seasons prior to this. Haven't been to Petershill Park myself but I've heard from a few people that it's a soulless place. I prefer the old, decrepit grounds with character and somewhere good to drink!

I've seen you a couple of times on P & B baz. I'm on the committee of Ardeer Thistle, two tiers below Petershill & probably the worst team in the West of Scotland in the two seasons prior to this. Haven't been to Petershill Park myself but I've heard from a few people that it's a soulless place. I prefer the old, decrepit grounds with character and somewhere good to drink!

Time to own up to what our usernames on Peh N Bovril are I think. Deestruction, guilty as charged.

Archived