Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

Anyways, onto more important matters. A very disappointing result today that will bring people back down to earth a bit. Ally, your smugness holds no place in this thread. I have always been complimentary of my team whilst remaining cautious. I've been holding off on celebrating too much because I knew a result like this wasn't too far away. To be a bit more philosophical about it; if you'd let me choose, I would rather lose to Motherwell on their own sand box and skelp three past your mob of scum at Paradise.

I still believe we are the best team in the country who had a very bad day at the office. No complaints (well, except that it took nine fouls for Forbes to be booked): we weren't good enough today. Two mistakes proved fatal for us. I am not too worried as I view this as a blip rather than the start of something. We have the best players, and we will pick ourselves up.

I think it was just a case of Motherwell coming into this game really fired up. It's been said before that in order to beat the Old Firm we have to be really on our game, whilst the opposition have a something of an off-day. These results happen for us every now & then, and I was certainly enjoying it last night!

I don't think this will signal a downturn in fortunes for Celtic right enough, but more importantly it will hopefully signal an upturn in fortunes for us.

Top six has to be the aim.

EDIT: Just found

on youtube that will probably give Martyn a laugh, considering his ramblings in the past about Motherwell fans being less than civil!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has Neil Lennon moaned about anything yet about yesterday's result?

EVENS - Referee

2/1 - The Pitch

10/1 - The Moons Alignment.

10000/1 - His team.

Also: RE the Picture of Monkeyman allegedly giving Diouf pelters. It's blatantly obvious that the pic is a mishmash of two different pics. But for illustrative purposes, it could show what was going on while Diouf doing what he was doing. Two different angles.

Either way, if the fella is found out, and this photo is indeed The Establishement's work, he'd be well within his rights to appeal, and given the CCTV coverage that Parkhead has, he could very easily get it sorted out.

The CCTV system in parkhead control is excellent.

You should maybe search for the back story before fishing for videos of the big bad huns being well, big bad huns. The guy was stealing booze from rangers fans and subsequently abused then tossed in the fountain.

Then arrested by Police.

You won't believe this though, so I don't know why I'm telling you. But it's incredibly sad and somewhat demented that you've spent your time here lately posting videos of the big bad huns when I could just as easily hop on Youtube and find videos of "The Greatest Fans In The World" being arseholes.

You should maybe search for the back story before fishing for videos of the big bad huns being well, big bad huns. The guy was stealing booze from rangers fans and subsequently abused then tossed in the fountain.

Then arrested by Police.

You won't believe this though, so I don't know why I'm telling you. But it's incredibly sad and somewhat demented that you've spent your time here lately posting videos of the big bad huns when I could just as easily hop on Youtube and find videos of "The Greatest Fans In The World" being arseholes.

Of course. It was somebody else's fault/heavy handed policing/a minority/broken record.

Then arrested by Police.

Of course. It was somebody else's fault/heavy handed policing/a minority/broken record.

Of course. It's always the big bad huns/bigots/Racists/Broken record.

Quite looking forward to the game tomorrow. Us losing at the weekend plus Rangers going through in Europe and turning over St. Johnstone at the weekend makes things more interesting. You think we'd be getting a bit tired of these Old Firm games by now? Are we fuck.

Thought this was quite interesting this morning:

Rangers boss Walter Smith lays down the law to players to turn around season: No drink, no nightclubs, no Twitter

Mar 1 2011 Exclusive by Keith Jackson

WALTER SMITH has banned his players from boozy nights out and trash talking on social networking sites as part of his bid to turn their season around.

Record Sport told yesterday how the Rangers boss ordered his players into Murray Park last Monday on their day off for a crisis summit less than 24 hours after watching them slump to a humiliating 3-0 thrashing against Celtic.

Now we can reveal explosive details of Smith's dressing-room address which has stirred his team back to life ahead of tomorrow night's return to Parkhead for a winor-bust Scottish Cup replay. Smith demanded that his troops rediscover their focus in time for the end of season run in by:

Warning that any player caught nightclubbing will face disciplinary action.

Blasting the use of Twitter accounts.

Barring his players from posting any inflammatory remarks.

Ordering them to keep their private lives off the front pages.

Scottish press stays silent as Rangers fans sing sectarian songs

A very unusual article appeared in The Times yesterday, Why do Rangers fans besmirch club's name with ugly chants?

Unusual because, as the writer, Graham Spiers, candidly pointed out, there is a press aversion to covering the subject, especially in Scotland.

Spiers reports that Rangers fans were guilty of bigoted, offensive chanting when their club played a recent match in Lisbon. There were shouts of "F*** the Pope" along with the singing of The Billy Boys (for the uninitiated, a sectarian song that includes the line, "We're up to our knees in Fenian blood").

Despite official disapproval from club officials and warnings from European football authorities, the anti-Catholic chanting shows no signs of abating.

"So," writes Spiers, "you would think it might be deemed quite a news story that such songs have come back into fashion at Rangers... though the press in the main isn't touching it."

Why is that? Spiers offers three possible reasons:

First, it "is a wearying topic, not so say embarrassing for modern Scotland.

"Two, there are some, no doubt, who will not want to embarrass Rangers or cause the club any trouble, especially as they might go far in this season's Europa League.

"Three, a commercial media needs to keep it customers onside, whether they are bigots or not.

"So the refrain, 'don't touch that subject', is sometimes interpreted as self-protection."

In other words, the newspapers in Scotland are prepared to remain mute, overlooking the bigotry, because they fear a loss of sales.

Isn't the free press a wonderful thing? It is certainly to the credit of Spiers and The Times (which sells about 24,000 copies a day in Scotland) that they broke the wall of silence.

News broadcasters have also failed to cover the misbehaviour by Rangers fans. Spiers writes: "There has been little media pressure brought to bear on the problem", and adds:

"It is far better for Rangers, frankly, if the media remains quiet on the subject. What really makes Rangers worry is when comment is passed on their supporters' behaviour, because that only adds to the inherent danger of Uefa punishing the club again."

He concedes that Rangers executives "have tried to lance the boil among their fans" but without notable success.

As for Celtic, Spiers laments that "pro-IRA chants" are heard. Though "less virulent than Rangers' problem... it embarrasses Celtic and needs to be tackled."

And how did commenters react to Spiers's piece? In predictable sectarian fashion, of course.

Guardian Link

Real shame that it takes English-based newspapers to highlight this sort of thing, but it's a start.

becuase the OC hates us, its aout time rangers fc grow a pair and turf that cunt outside of ibrox

OC? Are you referring to Speirs?

*nods

its nothing to do with his one sided shite that he writes, my issues with him go back a while at a certain greyhound racing race, cunt owes me money

• Paid Members
becuase the OC hates us, its aout time rangers fc grow a pair and turf that cunt outside of ibrox

OC? Are you referring to Speirs?

*nods

its nothing to do with his one sided shite that he writes, my issues with him go back a while at a certain greyhound racing race, cunt owes me money

Yes, ban him from ibrox as he owes you a fiver.

Archived