Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
Yeah, I'm not too sure we'll make the top 6. If we do it'll be a last minute scrape to get in there - hopefully at Motherwells expense! :)

You can start talking like that when you're good enough to stop us taking all three points from you at Pittodrie ;)

I wouldn't keep going on about that David. Makes you seem small fry that you are so happy beating a team that had to play two strikers in their midfield and had their captain sent off!

Anyways, I'm actually confident of a top 6 place. We aren't that far off St. Johnstone, Dundee Utd (albeit their million games in hand) and ICT.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I'm not too sure we'll make the top 6. If we do it'll be a last minute scrape to get in there - hopefully at Motherwells expense! :)

You can start talking like that when you're good enough to stop us taking all three points from you at Pittodrie ;)

I wouldn't keep going on about that David. Makes you seem small fry that you are so happy beating a team that had to play two strikers in their midfield and had their captain sent off!

Aye, you're right. I'm sure Martyn wouldn't have mentioned it at all had the result been in Aberdeens favour.

• Paid Members

Aye, you're right. I'm sure Martyn wouldn't have mentioned it at all had the result been in Aberdeens favour.

Aye, but he's a dick. :p

Yeah, i suppose in fairness i haven't came across many of them actually chucking it as such, but in true rangers fashion, their reactions are all way overblown and out of proportion. They were the same a couple of years ago with all that 'we deserve better' shite in a season when they won the league.

I'm cautiously optimistic of Celtic winning too, but i'm not so daft to think it's going to be a dozen straight wins whilst Rangers capitulate and throw away points every 2nd week. Take the OF games out of it, and they've actually got a better record against the other 10 than us this season.

I see you're starting to look better for a top 6 finish these days too, i think that means we'd have another visit up your way....

:laugh:

As far as I am aware, Rangers "overblown reactions" have never caused a referee strike.

Yeah, i suppose in fairness i haven't came across many of them actually chucking it as such, but in true rangers fashion, their reactions are all way overblown and out of proportion. They were the same a couple of years ago with all that 'we deserve better' shite in a season when they won the league.

I'm cautiously optimistic of Celtic winning too, but i'm not so daft to think it's going to be a dozen straight wins whilst Rangers capitulate and throw away points every 2nd week. Take the OF games out of it, and they've actually got a better record against the other 10 than us this season.

I see you're starting to look better for a top 6 finish these days too, i think that means we'd have another visit up your way....

As far as I am aware, Rangers "overblown reactions" have never caused a referee strike.

What has that got to do with anything?

If you must insist in turning everything into an exercise in pointscoring and whataboutery, at least make sure the example you bring up has a bit of relevance.

----------

Anyone see that St Mirren goal there? Motherwell probably deserved that for the state of their pitch :laugh:

• Paid Members

So true though!

I think the reason Rangers fans are having such an 'overblown reaction' is that things aren't going to get any better, barring miracles. This team being a solid unit who work together was what made them able to win, and if we lose that, we're screwed. Kenny Miller's sale, however, still mystifies me.

I think the reason Rangers fans are having such an 'overblown reaction' is that things aren't going to get any better, barring miracles. This team being a solid unit who work together was what made them able to win, and if we lose that, we're screwed. Kenny Miller's sale, however, still mystifies me.

But it was such a defeat though. Not just in the scoreline but in getting absolutely trashed by a Celtic side that didn't even need to play full tilt. It's things like that which suddenly show the enormity of the situation to fans; sure we all wanted to pretend everything's fine and the club's not in trouble, but it was so very clear on Sunday that the worriers are starting to come out as a result. If next Wednesday (or even tonight) Rangers suddenly come out mighty and fighting again, I'm certain that'll all change, but in the aftermath of being decimated by our greatest rivals, you have to see why it's been such a shock to the system.

Never mind all that. Armand One hit a hat trick last night in a 4-1 Stranraer win. The highlights will hopefully be up on Stranraer's website soon, so go have a look if you get a chance.

I saw One play against 'well last month. An incredibly strong player who won absolutely everything coming his way and looked to have a good shot on him. He was however possibly the most immobile footballer I've ever seen. Good for him though, the sort of player who will reek havoc and score for fun at that level much like Mark Yardley did for Cowdenbeath a few years back.

Archived