Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

well Straus/Curran pissed a lot of people off on paper, it seemed a little pointless and unfair to the guys waiting in line but fuck me did it deliver. Bellator's title fights have a habit of delivering and after the fairly one sided Straus/Curran II this one provided a much competitive viewing. Being 3 rounds down and snatching a RNC with just 14 seconds to reclaim his title, just one of the best finishes to an MMA fight you'll see this year.

Bellator immediatly advertised Curran vs. Pitbull after the fight, so it looks like Straus needs to go back through the tournament which is fair enough but i dont know why they made the exception of Curran.

Still it was a great fight so fuck it!!!

• Paid Members

dunno if any of you are aware but Bellator have started doing their own lil versions of the Dana White Vlog so to speak called Bellator Uncut, great little post fight viewing, go here for the latest version which follows Saturdays show, features Straus losing the dreadlocks. Well worth a look if you watched the show.

• Paid Members

Bellator 113 goes down tonight:

1_Bellator%20113%20poster.jpg

Main Card (on Spike TV)

Attila Vegh (29-4) vs. Emanuel Newton (22-7) Light Heavyweight Title

David Rickels (15-2) vs. Patricky Pitbull Freire (11-5) Lightweight Tournament Quarter Final

Marcin Held (16-3) vs. Rodrigo Cavalheiro (14-2) Lightweight Tournament Quarter Final

Tim Welch (10-4) vs. Derek Campos (13-3) Lightweight Tournament Quarter Final

Preliminary Card (on Spike.com)

Brandon Girtz (10-3) vs. Derek Anderson (10-0) Lightweight Tournament Quarter Final

Marcio Navarro (9-9) vs. Bobby Cooper (8-4)

Donnie Bell (8-2) vs. Eric Wisely (21-9)

Tory Bogguess (10-7) vs. L.C. Davis (20-6)

Brian Rogers (10-6) vs. Gary Tapusoa (8-2)

Daniel Gallemore (2-2) vs. Fredrick Brown (4-0)

Israel Giron (17-3) vs. Cody Carrillo (4-7)

The most pointless interim title situation in history gets settled and Dave Rickels fights the older Pitbull, should be good stuff. The last time Rickles fought at home the crowd was really rowdy, so it make for a great atmosphere.

Legacy FC going down tonight as well, Leonard Garcia main event that im actually gonna try catching, ive missed all of Leonard's Legacy run, it's been good by all accounts as well. Paul Buentello goes for the 205lb belt and Jonathon Brookins debuts at 125lb (yes, 125).

Legacy_FC_29_Garcia_vs._Howell_Poster.jpg

Edited by Ebb

• Paid Members

Only just caught the Daniel Straus vs Pat Curran fight from last week's Bellator. Sweet Christ, what a fight it was. 2014 has been slow going really on the really great fights so far, there's been some (Trujillo vs Varner for one) but this year hasn't had as strong a start as some. It picked up in a big way last weekend though with Hendricks vs Lawler and Straus vs Curran. As far as dramatic finishes go, you'd be hard pressed to ask for a better one.

• Paid Members

Added to the lineup is the BAMMA World Featherweight Title fight with Tom Duquesnoy facing off against fellow (Undefeated) Frenchman Tony Violet.

http://www.bamma.com/news/2014/03/24/tom-d...rld-title-fight

Here's the current lineup

HEAVYWEIGHT BOUT

OLI THOMPSON VS. GRIZM SELMANI

WORLD FEATHERWEIGHT TITLE BOUT

TOM DUQUESNOY VS. TEDDY VIOLET

LIGHTWEIGHT BOUT

COLIN FLETCHER VS. TONY HERVEY

BAMMA LONSDALE BRITISH WELTERWEIGHT TITLE BOUT

WAYNE MURRIE VS. LEON EDWARDS

BAMMA LONSDALE BRITISH MIDDLEWEIGHT TITLE BOUT

ANDY DE-VENT VS. HARRY MCLEMAN

WELTERWEIGHT BOUT

RYAN SCOPE VS. ALI ARISH

FLYWEIGHT BOUT

RANY SAADEH VS. MAHMOOD BESHARATE

FEATHERWEIGHT BOUT

RICHARD EDWARDS VS. ANDY CRAVEN

LIGHTWEIGHT BOUT

JACK GRANT VS. JEFFERSON GEORGE

WELTERWEIGHT BOUT

ALEX MONTAGNANI VS. NATHAN JONES

BANTAMWEIGHT BOUT

NATHANIEL WOOD VS. ED ARTHUR

WELTERWEIGHT BOUT

BENNY CARR VS. JACEK TOCZYDLOWSKI

FLYWEIGHT BOUT

MO LASLADJ VS. TBC

• Paid Members

well, shut the book on KO of the year...Derek Anderson scored it at Bellator 113.

Derek%20Anderson%20Knees%20Brandon%20Girtz%20.gif

fucking hell, the sound it made! find the video.

...then Big Pitbull came out and had a go at topping it against Caveman Rickles

Patricky%20Pitbull%20KOs%20David%20Rickels.gif

nice to see Pitbull come back with some fire, but it sucks seeing Caveman get KO'd :( this was a cracking little fight.

Excellent show overall, capped by a tactical standup main event where Emmanuel Newton got crowned undisputed champ, he's a pretty unique fighter that's seemingly becoming a tough nut to crack, he gets the winner of Mo/Rampage.

Bellator is on a roll.

• Paid Members

If any of you are thinking of coming to BAMMA 15 in London next week, here's a sneaky little code that will get you 20% off the price of tickets just use the word KNOCKOUT http://www.kililive.com/artists/Bamma

• Paid Members

still airing on 5* Snake?

well, no UFC this weekend which is probably a nice break for some of you but there's still fights to be watched, Bellator tonight and a pretty big WSOF show tomorrow night:

Bellator-114.jpg

Main Card (on Spike TV)

Alexander Shlemenko vs. Brennan Ward (Middleweight Title Fight)

Desmond Green (10-2) vs. Will Martinez (9-2-1) (Featherweight Semi-Final)

Daniel Weichel (32-8) vs. Matt Bessette (13-4) (Featherweight Semi-Final)

Kendall Grove (19-13) vs. Brett Cooper (19-9) (Middleweight Semi-Final)

Preliminary Card (on Spike.com)

Rad Martinez (14-3) vs. Edson Berto (17-11-1)

Justin Wilcox (13-6) vs. Jason Fischer (6-2)

Ron Keslar (11-5) vs. Jordan Smith (18-5-1)

Linton Vassell (12-3) vs. Trevor Carlson (7-1)

Gavin Sterritt (5-1) vs. Mike Estus (5-1)

Aaron Wilkinson (11-6) vs. Mike Arrant (13-8)

Bubba Jenkins (6-1) vs. Sean Powers (8-4)

The main event should be insane, Schlemenko is one of the most exciting fighers in the sport and in Ward he's fighting a young aggressive kid who doesn't appear to have any fear, when asked about it Ward said something like 'what's the worst that could happen? i get knocked out? who cares'...it's gonna be wild.

Bellator prelims are a bit hit and miss from week to week in terms of name value but this week it's loaded up with people i wanna see, couple of Brits on there too. Weirdly, the fight on Martinez/Berto fight on the poster is the main prelim...guessing the fight's in Martinez' home town.

then there's World Series of Fighting 9 tomorrow night:

zDGPjQA.jpg

Main Card (Televised on NBCSN)

Steve Carl (21-3) vs. Rousimar Palhares (15-5) (Welterweight Title)

Marlon Moraes (12-4-1) vs. Josh Rettinghouse (10-2) (Bantamweight Title)

Yushin Okami (29-8) vs. Svetlozar Savov (12-4)

Josh Burkman (26-10) vs. Tyler Stinson (27-9)

Ozzy Dugulubgov (5-1) vs. Johnny Nunez (4-0)

Preliminary Card (Streamed on WSOF.com)

Mike Corey (12-3-1) vs. Shane Kruchten (11-2)

Chris Gruetzemacher vs. John Gunderson

Sean Cantor vs. Bryson Hansen

Phil Dace vs. Danny Davis

Brenson Hansen (5-2) vs. Boostayre Nefarios (2-1)

Jimmy Jones vs. Rudy Morales

Gil Guardado vs. Jimmy Spicuzza

The debuts of WSOF's two biggest accusations on the main card in Palhares and Okami. Two title fights on this muthafucker, should be a fun show and it's always fun to see Marlon Moraes in there.

Get involved...

• Paid Members

Some good stuff there.

Sure I read the other day that Jon Fitch is getting the winner of Carl vs Palhares. I really like watching Marlon Moraes. Burkman's usually good value. I think Okami is going to smoke everyone at 185 outside the UFC. He clearly lost a step against the UFC top middleweights but I still think he's too good for anyone outside Zuffa.

I'll definitely watch Shlemenko's fight on Bellator. I can't remember if I've seen Ward before but from bits I'm reading expectations are high for this one. Interesting to see Bubba Jenkins curtain jerking there. Despite the KO loss, I still think he could go onto be a top fighter.

Oh and incase anyone missed the news, Maiquel Falcao is fighting Mahmed Khalidov in KSW in May! Falcao's hot and cold but that could be an awesome fight. Manhoef vs Cyborg 2 is in Brazil in April as well.

• Paid Members

Bubba Jenkins seems to have been propping up cards for years now, he hasn't but it feels that way.

I'm hoping Okami comes out aggressive and starts finishing fools.

...and yeah, Fitch gets the winner of Palhares/Carl.

Edited by Ebb

• Paid Members

quick headsup if anyone's having a quiet Friday evening, Cage Warriors Fight Night is live on Premier Sports from 6pm (if you aint got Premier Sports it streams live on MMAjunkie.com, dunno if that's region blocked though).

MdE6cTd.jpg

• Paid Members

Haven't got around to WSOF yet but will do in the week. Ended up catching Bellator on VIVA while channel hopping. Shlemenko vs Ward was a fun fight as expected. Ward was giving Shlemenko are run for his money in round one but Shlemenko just turned it up a notch in round two and, as Dan Hardy would say, went "full reptile". Nice finish as well. Win number 50 for Shlemenko. With how many fights he's had and how he looks, I always forget how relatively young he still is. He only turns 30 this year.

Anyone catch Metamoris? I don't usually watch straight grappling competitions. As much as I admire the skill I find it more enjoyable as part of MMA than on its own. That's probably partly down to how it's presented and partly that it's not always very exciting as a spectator sport, because it's often very slow moving. I've really enjoyed my BJJ training so far (although I'm still pretty shit, I'm about a Kimbo-belt, I'd say), but watching straight BJJ isn't always entertaining.

I tuned into this though, purely for the long awaited Royler Gracie vs Eddie Bravo 2 match. And I must say I found it pretty gripping to watch. The full match is on YouTube, well worth a look. I watched Babalu's match against Dean Lister as well and was pleasantly surprised with how Babalu fared. He's retired from MMA but you can tell he's still in love with competing. I only watched those two matches though so can't comment on the rest. I like how Metamoris does their thing though. And I'd definitely recommend watching the Gracie vs Bravo rematch. Like I said, pure grappling competitions aren't always great viewing but when you get two guys who are that good and well matched it can be really exciting stuff.

Yeah I just watched the Bravo, Casey and Lister matches. Straight grappling isn't something I'd normally watch neither but I wanted to see Bravo vs Gracie and it was definitely worth the watch. The Lister and Casey matches were ok but nothing spectacular, Bravo vs Gracie was gripping stuff though. I thought Bravo might pull it off again a couple of times but it wasn't to be. I'm not going to become a big fan of grappling matches or anything after watching this, but I'd also recommend at least giving Bravo vs Gracie a watch. Wonder if they'll do a 3rd match or just leave it at that, it took them long enough to get the rematch done.

I missed the Bellator show, but am going to watch the WSOF one later tonight hopefully.

Edited by hbk4life

• Paid Members

Yeah I think they'll probably leave it now on a draw, Royler and Eddie Bravo. I'd like to see it again though. The good thing with grappling though, age isn't so much a factor as it is in MMA, so maybe we will see them tangle again. I mean, Royler's 48 now, and although he's slowed down a bit, he's still a tremendous grappler.

But yeah, I'm not going to be following Metamoris religiously. But I'll be pulled in when certain matches like Royler vs Bravo come along. And I like seeing how the MMA guys fare in there against the elite pure grapplers. Even though they lose more often than not, it's interesting to see.

Did anyone ever see Jacare vs Roger Gracie from the World Championships in 2004? It's legendary in BJJ circles. Jacare was up on points and Roger got him in an armbar, and Jacare let his arm break so he could see the final buzzer. He won on points because he refused to tap and just sacrificed his arm to win. Mental bastard. Jacare is an animal.

• Paid Members

there's reports that Royce Gracie confronted Bravo after the fight and they almost came to blows, dunno if that's bollocks or not though.

Missed WSOF this weekend but read that there was some more controversy revolving a Rousimar Palhares heelhook? ive seen a gif and it doesn't make it clear, anyone see it?

Highlights of Bellator were Brett Cooper KO'ing Kendall Grove with Ground & Pound and Schlemenko coming through a real competive 1st round to finish Brennan Ward who went in there balls to wall, credit to him. Schlemenko is dangerous.