Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Here are the complete Bellator & MFC 38 results from last night:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Complete Bellator 102 results include:

MAIN CARD

Cheick Kongo def. Mark Godbeer via TKO (strikes) - Round 2, 2:04 - heavyweight tournament semifinals

Vinicius Queiroz def. Lavar Johnson via knockout (punch) - Round 1, 0:23 - heavyweight tournament semifinals

Anthony Leone vs. Rafael "Morcego" Silva unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27) - Summer Series bantamweight tournament final

Mikkel Parlo def. Jason Butcher via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28) - middleweight tournament semifinals

Brennan Ward def. Joe Pacheco via submission (guillotine choke) - Round 2, 2:41 - middleweight tournament semifinals

PRELIMINARY CARD

Scott Cleve def. Isaac DeJesus via TKO (punches) - Round 2, 3:14

Javy Ayala def. Thiago "Big Monster" Santos via knockout (punches) - Round 1, 5:00

Brandon Girtz def. Poppies Martinez via submission (armbar) - Round 1, 1:20

Stephen Martinez def. Bryan Travers via technical submission (guillotine choke) - Round 1, 0:56

Cain Carrizosa def. Juan Quesada via submission (triangle choke) - Round 2, 4:51

Brandon Cash def. William Richey via TKO (exhaustion) - Round 2, 5:00

MFC 38 results includes:

Anthony Birchak def. Tito Jones via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 2, 3:30 - to claim inaugural MFC bantamweight title

Sam Alvey def. Jason South via TKO (strikes) - Round 5, 4:56 - to claim vacant middleweight title

Anthony Hamilton def. Smealinho Rama via KO (head kick) - Round 2, 0:12 - to claim vacant heavyweight title

Kurt Southern def. Jonatas Novaes via TKO (strikes) - Round 1, 3:46

Teddy Ash def. Jared McComb via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)

Aaron Gallant def. Matt Jelly via knockout (punch) - Round 1, 0:07

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

Well Cheick Kongo was impressive, not overly exciting but impressive. He surprisingly wanted no part of Godbeer's standup but Kongo broke him down in the clinch and finished brutally. I think it's time people just expelled the notion that Kongo is a straight kickboxer, he very rarely just kickboxes in a fight anymore.

Lavar Johnson got creamed in 23 seconds, first punch of the fight and Johnson did the flair flop. Call early stoppage but you can't blame the ref for jumping in, it looked like he was done. Spartan picks up the upset. Heavyweight MMA, gotta love it.

• Paid Members

thought id keep this is in here...

dunno if any of you are aware but Glory 11 is being aired live in America Saturday (on Spike), its the first of Spike's new deal to show the pronotions events live. I think the last one i watched was 9 and it was amongst my favorite shows of the year in any combat sport, excellent stuff.

Get on it!

• Paid Members

I'll try to catch the Glory card, and I'll watch Bellator at some point over the weekend. Legacy I'm not so arsed about to be honest. It'll be a 'if I've got nothing better to do' type thing. Looking at the card, I'm only interested in Holly Holm's fight really so I'll defo watch that. She's got to be close to getting the Joe Silva phone call with another win tonight.

I was going to make a shit WCW '98 joke about Benoit vs Page on the Legacy poster, but that fight's off apparently. Ryan Benoit is fighting someone called Cody Fuller now.

Pitbull vs Guerreiro on Bellator should be a corker.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Bellator was alright, the 145lb semi's were not that eventful. We got a Wilcox/Pitbull final...im picking Wilcox for the upset, if he can use his wrestling against Pitbull, he'll win, guy is a tank at 145.

Fight of the night was easily Rickels/Ambrose, fun fight with a hot crowd. The hometown crowd loved Rickels who put on a show. Dave Rickles is one of the most entertaining fighters in the sport.

• Paid Members

did anyone see Glory 11? it was fucking tremendous.

There's been articles liking the main event of Ghita/Verhoeven to Bonnar/Griffin in that it could be the fight to take Glory Kickingboxing to a new level of popularity in the States. The main event of their debut regular US aired show and it was an absolute war.

Tyrone_Spong_vs._Nathan_Corbett_medium.gif

Tyrone Spong destroying Corbett.

I can't imagine anyone who tuned in on Saturday was not satisfied with what they saw, there 6 good fights, the production was excellent and it was fast paced, all action stuff. I made the same comments when they aired Glory 9 saying that once you watch something like Glory you really realise how bad some of the stand up is in MMA sometimes.

Glory 12 is at the end of November, make sure you are watching.

Edited by Ebb

• Paid Members

Bellator rolls on...

BellatorPoster104.gif

good card this week:

Main Card (on Spike TV):

-Brent Weedman (22-8-1) vs. Rick Hawn (16-2)

-Ron Keslar (10-3) vs. War Machine (14-4)

-Kendall Grove (18-13) vs. Joe Vedepo (14-6)

-Eric Prindle (8-3) vs. Peter Graham (8-5)

Preliminary Card (on Spike.com):

-Paul Bradley (20-5) vs. Karl Amoussou (16-5-2)

-Rod Montoya (15-15) vs. Paul Sass (13-2)

-Rob Emerson (12-10) vs. Jared Downing (9-3)

-Brandon Girtz (9-3) vs. Mike Estus (3-0)

-Derek Loffer (4-1) vs. Cliff Wright Jr. (7-5)

-Andrew Tieva (6-0) vs. Chris Lane (8-10)

love all the fights on that main card, interesting to note Paul Sass making his Bellator debut on the undercard as well. Karl Amoussou buried down there as well.

The signing of Peter Graham is one which flew under the radar, Graham is an ex K-1 fighter. He's done a bit of a Mark Hunt, started in MMA, got chucked in the deep end and lost 5 of his first 6 fights, has since gone 8-0 with 8 KO's (including one over Aleks Emelianenko), he's granite tough and should take out Pringle save for Pringe laying all over him.

What's the bets we see a Graham/Mighty Mo by the end of the year?

As a fan I'd like to see the PPV do well as well. Shame it won't.

I'll definitely be watching, most likely live. But suppose I'd watch it without Tito/Rampage cause im watching it mostly for Chandler/Alvarez and King Mo/Newton and also the as I watched the whole of Fight Master the final fight is happening to prelims, so might as well check that out too.

Also, on a side note Bet Victor have got betting on tonights Bellator and also the top three fights for the PPV at the moment. This could either be absolutely awful or amazing for my bank account, I've yet to decide.

• Paid Members
As a fan I'd like to see the PPV do well as well. Shame it won't.

I'll definitely be watching, most likely live. But suppose I'd watch it without Tito/Rampage cause im watching it mostly for Chandler/Alvarez and King Mo/Newton and also the as I watched the whole of Fight Master the final fight is happening to prelims, so might as well check that out too.

Also, on a side note Bet Victor have got betting on tonights Bellator and also the top three fights for the PPV at the moment. This could either be absolutely awful or amazing for my bank account, I've yet to decide.

The fight master final has been chucked on the prelims? Outrageous.

• Paid Members

It makes sense to put it there, it was a Spike show, so the fight is on Spike. The PPV card top to bottom is fucking great, it's a shame that the show has bit of a stigma attached to it now because of the main event, but that fight sits atop a world class MMA card...and im on board the main event, fuck it, i hope they have a great fight.

Bellator 104 was decent enough, couple of notable things:

* War Machine got schooled but Ron Keslar. Homeboy was sleeping.

War_Machine___vs.___Ron_Keslar.gif

* Prindle/Graham was just shocking on every level. Actually Graham looked good for a round but completely punched himself out in round 2. What followed was the slowest 10 mins of MMA ive ever seen, not a good look.

this was classic though:

Eric%20Prindle%20vs.%20Peter%20Graham%203.gif

* Grove/Vedepo was FOTN, it was fairly one-sided and Kendall Grove looked good but the heart of Vedepo deserves special mention, that guy got hurt standing and was caught in several deep submissions and he fought through them all, props.

* Rick Hawn fights are all starting to look the same, he's all but abandoned his judo game and fights primarily as a boxer these days, he has good hands too! but the Weedman fight fell into a pattern early and looked identical for 15 mins, not terribly exciting but Hawn looked good.

Edited by Ebb

War Machine going to sleep fucked up 2 of my bets. Was pretty annoyed at the time, but then thinking about it there was something quite satisfying seeing him get schooled, since well he's a absolute twat.

I agree about the Graham/Prindle fight. Thought it was never going to end with how slow it was going. Painfully slow at times. Grove as well looked impressive.

I actually fell asleep before the main event started so haven't checked out yet, so can't comment.

Im also one that is very much looking forward to the PPV. Although I caught that Rampage4Real thing that was on Spike the other day and Rampage didn't come across very well on it. Hope he's abit more switched on now.

Edited by Ross18