Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
I presume you mean Georgia? And it's BAMMA Belle, not ring girl.. Oh and I should be starting to get the prelims on our You Tube channel in the next few days.

The only bell on that show was a Mr K. Shamrock. But seriously, I think BAMMA has the UFC beat in the ring girl, sorry Belle, department.

I'll check out the prelims when they're up.

Yeah Ebb, I think Lima has more one shot power, especially in his hands. If Saunders can get the Thai clinch though it could be curtains. He's got one of the most brutal Thai clinches in MMA.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

this is how tomorrow's show lines up...

Bellator100Poster.gif

Douglas Lima vs. Ben Saunders - Season 8 welterweight tournament final

Vaughn Anderson vs. War Machine - welterweight tournament opening round

Rick Hawn vs. Herman Terrado - welterweight tournament opening round

Justin Baesman vs. Brent Weedman - welterweight tournament opening round

Ron Keslar vs. Luis Melo - welterweight tournament opening round

Prelims

Brandon Bender vs. Travis Marx - bantamweight tourney semifinal

Larue Burley vs. Bubba Jenkins

Liam McGeary vs. Beau Tribolet

Dan Charles vs. Siala-Mou Siliga

Johnny Buck vs. Adam McDonough

Clifford Starks vs. Joe Yager

Efrain Escudero vs. Zack Surdyka

Main event is a dandy, it's rematch between two good friends and two very exciting fighters. Saunders remains one of my favorite fighters in the sport, he's a guy who left the UFC and has stay focused on his career and done alright for himself in Bellator, never in a dull fight and constantly looking to do damage...that said, i'll be rooting for Lima who in my opinion is probably a top 10 170lb'er, outside of falling foul to Askren's heavy top game the guys been killing folks for years. Lima is the man.

Think everyone wants to see Vaugn Anderson give War Machine a slap, he's been in uber-twat mode recently, the guy's never gonna change so lets see him get his ass kicked. Anderson's a bit of a enigma but his record speaks for itself, hopefully he pulls it off.

Rick Hawn back at 170lb, happy with that!

I've listed the prelims too, im hoping i can get a hold of them some good names there, Efrain Escudero, Clifford Starks, MIGHTY FUCKING MO!

• Paid Members

Mighty Mo! When did they sign him? I completely missed that.

Efrain Escudero must be the least successful TUF winner ever. From UFC rising star to opening prelim on Bellator in less than 5 years. Winning TUF is usually the start of something but it was the end for Efrain. He's really plummeted since winning TUF. It's weird because he genuinely looked to have some promise back then, but almost as soon as he won TUF it all went to shit.

• Paid Members

yeh i know, youn Mexican TUF winner, you'd think Escudero had it all going for him when you look at the way the UFC promotes it's few Mexican fighters. The guy is falling into journeyman territory, and he's still fairly young.

A win tonight may get him a Bellator tourmanent slot, could be a kickstart he needs.

It's fairly weird how the Mighty Mo thing has completely flown under the radar. Mo's waaaay past his best but he's a pretty big name in the K-1 world, i aint sure if it's a one shot deal with Bellator or what?

• Paid Members

fairly uneventful Bellator 100 main card outside of the main event which was just brutal.

I said before Douglas Lima was a beast and the show just re-inforced it. Saunders is good but Lima just has his number, once Lima found his range he unpegged that right hand on Saunders again, devastating punch (which he delivered when his hand was broken) which Saunders somehow survived. Once they got back to the feet i honestly though Lima was taking it easy on Saunders as his face was a mess and was holding out for a doctor stoppage at the end of the round, Wrong! Lima let off a right high kick which KO'd Saunders cold, absolutely devastating. Probably the most ruthless finish of the year.

Douglas_Lima_vs._Ben_Saunders_1_medium.gif

Douglas_Lima_vs._Ben_Saunders_2.gif

War Machine looked great in all fairness, there seemed to be a big physical strength difference between him and Anderson, but his ground game is looking slick.

On the prelims, Mighty Mo actually looked very good! 42 years old and he was sprawling and stopping takedowns like he's been doing it all his life, still wings the big shots too. I hope they give Mo a crack at the tournament.

• Paid Members

well, im the only one watching but fuck it...No UFC this weekend, so get on Bellator!

7cf42a5b5384ade960ef20d52d4364ad.jpg

Main Card (on Spike TV):

-Joe Warren (8-3) vs. Nick Kirk (10-2)

-Marcus Davis (22-9) vs. Tiger Sarnavskiy (23-1)

-John Alessio (34-16) vs. Will Brooks (10-1)

-Ricardo Tirloni (15-4) vs. Rich Clementi (45-22-1)

-Saad Awad (14-5) vs. Martin Stapleton (12-1)

Preliminary Card (on Spike.com):

-Scott Thometz (6-2) vs. Brent Primus (2-0)

-Andy Uhrich (9-3) vs. Nathan Coy (12-4)

-Marcin Held (15-3) vs. Ryan Healy (23-12-1)

-Jeremiah Riggs (7-7) vs. Peter Aspinwall (3-3)

-Austin Springer (3-0) vs. Zach Skinner (7-9)

-Dave Vitkay (12-12-1) vs. Tyson Jeffries (10-7)

sound card! some veteran vs. young gun fights on the main card, should be some good fights.

Brit Martin Stapleton makes his debut, was also meant to be the debut of BAMMA champ Rob Sinclair too but he's injured so Ricardo Tirloni stepped in.

Some decent undercard fights again this week which i'll try checking out.

• Paid Members

well, all the UFC vets got whooped. John Allessio suffering one of the worst cuts ive ever seen in MMA, he had like a Marvin Eastman across his cheek, terrible cut. I was trying to find a pic of it but to no avail.

Warren/Kirk was a fun fight. Warren will continue to polarise but he's great entertainment.

edit: here's the cut:

BVRdK92CYAA-ec7.jpg

Edited by Ebb

• Paid Members

I only just caught up on Lima vs Saunders 2 earlier on. Fuck me, Lima managed to top his first KO over Saunders. That headkick was nasty. One of the best KOs of the year for me.

I haven't seen the last show yet but I've wound up seeing the spoilers anyway. Shame Martin Stapleton lost. I liked him on TUF 9 and he'd been doing well for himself since returning to MMA.

• Paid Members
oh and a question to Snake...

was there any backlash to Ken Shamrock's commentary last weekend? it really was shocking, it ruined what should have been a great night of fights (on TV anyway).

Sorry only just noticed this. Not really some people liked the commentary some like you didn't. The issue we had was The Voice wasn't available and so it was decided to go with Trigg & Shamrock, thus creating 2 play by play guys on commentary. The general feeling in the office was that it didn't work, so thats being looked at once more. Not quite sure how though yet. On a side note I was campaigning for The Voice and Dan Hardy on commentary and at worse Quadros and Goldberg.

++EDIT++

Wand all but 2 of the prelims are now online here's the BAMMA 13 playlist. If any of you aren't subscribed yet..

Edited by Snake Plissken

• Paid Members

Schiavello and Hardy would've been an awesome combo. I've never even considered Hardy for commentating but now you bring him up I think he'd be perfect in the role. Only thing is he is still under UFC contract, that would be the big obstacle having him announce on BAMMA wouldn't it?

Cheers for that link. I'll subscribe and check them videos out when I get some time to watch them.