The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Biffy Clyro's first single off their upcoming album. I'm blown away by it.

Stingin' Belle

That's actually alright. I used to be a Biffy Clyro uber (as Mr. Seven will be able to confirm after years of trying and failing to get him to like them) but I got embarrassed off them by 'Only Revolutions'. I fucking hated that album. That could grow on me, right enough. I think Biffy are the first band I've ever thought "wow, it's depressing how old they are beginning to look". They were but daft wee boys the first time I saw them. Sensational live band. Will never forget the first three albums in consecutive nights at King Tut's.

Wish I was 16 again :(.

Biffy Clyro's first single off their upcoming album. I'm blown away by it.

Stingin' Belle

That's actually alright. I used to be a Biffy Clyro uber (as Mr. Seven will be able to confirm after years of trying and failing to get him to like them) but I got embarrassed off them by 'Only Revolutions'. I fucking hated that album. That could grow on me, right enough. I think Biffy are the first band I've ever thought "wow, it's depressing how old they are beginning to look". They were but daft wee boys the first time I saw them. Sensational live band. Will never forget the first three albums in consecutive nights at King Tut's.

Wish I was 16 again :(.

I still dislike Puzzle to this day but Only Revolutions was a decent album which definitely grew on me at the time. I got used to them tuning to Drop C on that album but much prefer their Infinity Land days.

Edited by Seratonin

I really want Howard Jones to resurface in a band. KSE i think will drop down the metal pecking order with Jesse involved.

Might not be such a bad thing. Alive and just breathing is by far KSE's best album IMO. And the Time's of grace album that Jesse was a part of before he rejoined KSE was better than anything KSE had done in a while.

I'm looking for some melodic hardcore bands to listen to. I've been listening to stuff like Have Heart, Polar Bear Club, Down to Nothing etc. Some good stuff for gym music etc. Any suggestions?

• Paid Members
I'm looking for some melodic hardcore bands to listen to. I've been listening to stuff like Have Heart, Polar Bear Club, Down to Nothing etc. Some good stuff for gym music etc. Any suggestions?

Ignite, Propagandhi.

Comeback Kid, Champion, Defeater, Shai Hulud, Modern Life Is War. Some of these may be abit heavier than what you're expecting but worth a listen

Edited by lightningxlock

• Paid Members

Ace! Where'd you hear that? Their acoustic sets usually have some good stuff in them, and two sets means room for more old stuff. Maybe even Elf Tower New Mexico, which was their only song I didn't hear at the Neverender gigs.

Dragging my missus along too. She's not a massive fan, but I've seen Kasabian and Noel Gallagher with her, so she owes me.