The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Just bought my tickets for me and a friend.

Ebb, Harvey Dent - if you guys end up going, would be cool to pitch up together, you cant miss me, theres not that many people flying a Hull Kingston Rovers flag at festivals :thumbsup:

Got them through ticketmaster, but was also watching on aloud.com, and saw this:

Weekend ticket prices for Download 2012 will remain the same as the prices for Download 2011 until midday January 30 2012 when all ticket types will go off sale. All tickets will go back on sale at January 30, 2012 with Weekend tickets increased to 2012 prices.

worth keeping in mind

Has anyone heard "Austrian Death Machine"? My mate showed us about 5 or 6 of their tunes last night, what a fucking awesome concept band.

Yeah, it Tim Lambesis' (not sure of the spelling there) from As I Lay Dying behind that. Decent little novelty act. They've got two albums, well worth a listen

• Paid Members
im going to Download next year, got no problem with them headliners. Machine Head must headline the 2nd stage though, they need a headlining position!

I'm thinking they'll either headline 2nd against The Prodigy or sub to Metallica. Probably the latter after doing the World Magnetic tour.

The organiser's been going on about chase and status being the next big crossover band. Expect to see them there I reckon, which'll really piss the troooo metal types off.

Slayer in the country a fortnight before as well, so they look a good bet.

If those two plus machine head get booked I don't think I'll need any more bands.

• Paid Members
Has anyone heard "Austrian Death Machine"? My mate showed us about 5 or 6 of their tunes last night, what a fucking awesome concept band.

Bit slow on the uptake Rich :laugh: but yeah, Austrian Death Machine are pretty cool, it kind of works because despite the comedy aspects of it the music is actually pretty serious. I'm pretty sure Tim Lambesis plays every instrument and does the vocals for the band, the only think he doesn't do is the Arnie voice.

• Paid Members
Just bought my tickets for me and a friend.

Ebb, Harvey Dent - if you guys end up going, would be cool to pitch up together, you cant miss me, theres not that many people flying a Hull Kingston Rovers flag at festivals :thumbsup:

Got them through ticketmaster, but was also watching on aloud.com, and saw this:

Weekend ticket prices for Download 2012 will remain the same as the prices for Download 2011 until midday January 30 2012 when all ticket types will go off sale. All tickets will go back on sale at January 30, 2012 with Weekend tickets increased to 2012 prices.

worth keeping in mind

could very do. At the moment im trying to get a feel for who's going that i actually know. There's usually around 4-5 decent sized groups of people i know who go up, so im gonna tag along with one of them.

Ive got like 1 mate who always try and involve with gigs and festivals, and he's the main reason why i haven't been to Download since '05 cause ive always tried to want to go where he'd wanna go, so we've been doing Bloodstock for 3 years (which i'll also be doing next year), but ive told him i'm going to Download regardless next year, i've been away too long.

Enter your e-mail address below to download the incredible new Savage Messiah album for FREE!

Plague Of Conscience features 10 ripping tracks of modern heavy metal from one of the UK's top bands to watch for 2012. To get your free album download, just enter your e-mail address below and click "Go", then click the download button, then choose "Save File to your computer" on the RapidShare download page. Enjoy!

download.png

http://www.earache.com/misc/downloads/savagemessiah/