The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

The Prodigy confirmed as the Friday Download headliner

You just knew they would sneak a non-metal act in there. :rolleyes:

Does anyone on here remember 2009 where even the Manson fans were leaving to watch them, they are the biggest 2nd stage headliners i have seen crowd wise.

Does this confirm Machine Head as Friday 2nd stage headliners?

• Paid Members
The Prodigy confirmed as the Friday Download headliner

You just knew they would sneak a non-metal act in there. :rolleyes:

Does anyone on here remember 2009 where even the Manson fans were leaving to watch them, they are the biggest 2nd stage headliners i have seen crowd wise.

Does this confirm Machine Head as Friday 2nd stage headliners?

Manson was terrible that day, no wonder people left.

Prodigy are a falling star that haven't done anything decent in years - and before anyone says anything - they don't carry the "metal legend" status that Metallica/Sabbath do.

• Paid Members
Thing is with Prodigy they're actually more successful than they've ever been at the moment - playing their own shows at Milton Keynes Bowl last year etc.

It does seem like they've been milking Invaders Must Die forever though

Wasn't that an all day festival-type event also featuring Enter Shikari, Chase & Status and Pendulum?

Thing is with Prodigy they're actually more successful than they've ever been at the moment - playing their own shows at Milton Keynes Bowl last year etc.

It does seem like they've been milking Invaders Must Die forever though

Wasn't that an all day festival-type event also featuring Enter Shikari, Chase & Status and Pendulum?

They were the supports that day, but it was a Prodigy show they put on and not a festival - Same way the Foo Fighters got Biffy Clyro and Death Cab to support them there last year and what The Stone Roses will do at Heaton Park this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLJklPVysIc...feature=related

Here's prodigy playing to 700,000 (I didn't put an extra 0 in there) check the circle pits at 7 mins in and tell me they're not metal. They're very metal indeed to my mind.

And yeah they did 70,000 at mk bowl last year (may even have been two days in a row) they're massive at the moment. And the live shows, especially at dl, are legendary, I am fucking there.

• Paid Members

Prodigy have played Download twice before & headlined 2nd stage in 2009 & drew a MASSIVE crowd. Since then they've sold out Milton Keynes bowl & have a new record dropping next year. Download will be there only 2012 UK performance.

Download isn't a metal festival, as proven by the bands that play there, it's never been a 'metal' festival like Bloodstock et al. I'm not a big Prodigy fan but they'll get a huge, enthusiastic crowd for sure.

check the circle pits at 7 mins in and tell me they're not metal.

They're not metal. I've seen circle pits at Arctic Monkeys and Oasis gigs. Are they metal too?

Circle pits like that?

And no of course monkey and oasis, don't, they're just rock, softish rock at that, nothing heavy about them at all.

Prodigy on the other hand are fucking heavy, guitars, drummer, shouty bloke, they have alot of elements of metal to them to my mind. They may not be purist metal, but I'd say they qualify. They're certianly more metal than someone like deff leopard.