The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

anyone here goto Bloodstock after? i was there Sunday and it was great. Band of the day was without doubt At The Gates, i saw them back at the '08 festival but i was suffering from some instant food poisoning or someshit and it was pissing down with rain so it was harsh for me, i didn't think i'd get to see em again so im glad they came over again...they fucking crushed, stupidly good.

Morbid Angel + Exodus were cool too. Hell was one of the weirdest live performances ive ever seen but it was good in a fucked up way, 1349 suffered from a horrible sound mix. Caught some of Hammerfall too who came off as a Swedish Iron Maiden, pretty cool...one of those big European that Bloodstock loves.

I was hammered when Motorhead came on so i wasn't paying much attention but apparently they were awful, there's uproar on the Bloodstock boards about how bad they were.

Weather was good too.

Does Vogg play on the new Vader album?

No, he was just a session guitarist from what i remember. This time it's just Peter, Spider and Paul from Hell-Born (who were a decent band but nothing special).

And on Ozzy, he hasn't done anything special since he first left Sabbath. Dio was always the coolest out of the two.

I went to Brutal Assault festival in Czech Republic last week. I'll write more of a review later, but it's a really good festival, definitely recommend it. I did Metal Camp last year, which was also great, and i think i'll try Summer Breeze next year.

anyone here goto Bloodstock after? i was there Sunday and it was great. Band of the day was without doubt At The Gates, i saw them back at the '08 festival but i was suffering from some instant food poisoning or someshit and it was pissing down with rain so it was harsh for me, i didn't think i'd get to see em again so im glad they came over again...they fucking crushed, stupidly good.

Morbid Angel + Exodus were cool too. Hell was one of the weirdest live performances ive ever seen but it was good in a fucked up way, 1349 suffered from a horrible sound mix. Caught some of Hammerfall too who came off as a Swedish Iron Maiden, pretty cool...one of those big European that Bloodstock loves.

I was hammered when Motorhead came on so i wasn't paying much attention but apparently they were awful, there's uproar on the Bloodstock boards about how bad they were.

Weather was good too.

didn't go but I heard on facebook that Motorhead all had the flu and cut their set by 3 or 4 songs, that would account for them being awful. I read somewhere else that they shouldn't have gone out on stage they where that ill but they didn't wanna let down fans. fair play to them if that was the case.

loving the new Vader album.

• 2 weeks later...