The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Tommy Victor of Prong is the guest on the latest episode of the Jasta Show. Not listened yet, but could be a good listen.

Speaking of Jasta Show, did anyone hear the one with Dave Mustaine a couple of weeks back? Sounded completely uninterested from the very start

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Sad news today hearing that former Sense Field/Further Seems Forever vocalist Jon Bunch hs died. An unsung hero from the mid-90's emo scene but a big influence on a lot of the bands that sprung from that scene.

I first became aware of Bunch when he sang on Further Seems Forever's 3rd (and best) record, and got to see them when they toured that record back in the day, definitely one of my favorite albums to come out of that whole scene. I went back and discovered his work with Sense Field after that and kept tabs on Bunch ever since FSF split, his latest band Lucky Scars just put out an EP but another band he was involved with War Generation put out a quality post-hardcore record a couple of years ago, a proper little hidden gem of a record. I pretty much loved everything he got involved with.

Great voice, great lyrics. Sad times :(

Edited by Ebb

Graveyard, Heck, Zoax, Hill Valley High, Kadavar, Strange Bones, NOFX, SIXX A.M., Bury Tomorrow, As Lions, Anti-Flag, Escape the Fate, Danko Jones, Turbowolf, Black Peaks, Shvpes, Muncipal Waste, Cane Hill, Slaves (US), Wage War, Palisades, Reigning Days, Amon Amarth, Monster Truck, Jane’s Addiction, One Ok Rock, Periphery, Grand Magus, Whiskey Myers, Electric Wizard, The King Is Blind, Ashestoangels, The Kenneths, Muncie Girls

All added to Download 2016. They also announced that the main stage will be name 'The Lemmy Stage' this year, and they're working on some kind of tribute in the slot that Motörhead would have had

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Corrosion of Conformity, Unearth, XII Boar, Ghost Bath and Evil Scarecrow all confirmed for Bloodstock

I think I may the only person left in this thread

if you're going you have to go see Evil Scarecrow. For whatever reason Bloodstock love that band and the audience lap it up.

The lineup this year is great, im not 100% sure if im going yet because ive got other stuff on but im hoping too.

I've got the time off work sorted, just been waiting for the lineup to take shape to make a definate choice.

But yeah, Evil Scarecrow were great last time they played there. Having a field full of metal heads scuttling around like Dr Zoidberg was a great moment

That was a hell of a site from the stage lol. This year's lineup look great to me. While some are complaining over recent repeats like Slayer, Anthrax, and Evil Scarecrow. I don't get the attitude. Availability of bands plays heavily into who is booked and i'd sooner have these 3 bands back than have lesser bands just for the sake of being different. I spoke to Vicki Hungerford about it last year and they can only book bands who are actively touring around the time of the festival (it's way too much to fly in a band and all their kit just to do BOA). And they have to balance the lineup so that it's financially successful also. The amount of crap some people throw at her makes me a little ashamed to be a metal fan at times. She's a lovely woman who works her ass off all year round so we can go play in a field for 4 days. Personally i think she's nailed it again this year.

Wednesday 13 is the next gig for me and the Mrs. The acoustic set should be a lot of fun.