The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Just listened to the new Ghost album, Meliora.

Oh.my.word. Bloodstock need to book these in a big spot ASAP, an absolute triumph of an album.

For anyone going to see them at Leeds/Reading next week, don't miss them. The new stuff is really going to add to the live show, particularly 'Absolution'.

I can't wait for them to come back and tour here, it's going to be phenomenal. Again, a fantastic piece of work

Going to listen to that tomorrow. Cannot wait to see them at Reading next Saturday. I'm a big fan, but haven't had the chance to see them yet.

Sony have bought German hard rock and heavy metal label Century Media, it’s been reported.

Full terms of the deal have still to be made public, but Billboard say the industry giant paid in the region of $20million for the firm – home to artists including Paradise Lost, Periphery, Queensryche, At The Gates, Fozzy, EyeHateGod and Lacuna Coil.

Century Media owner Robert Kampf will become CEO of the Century group and their output will continue to be distributed by RED in the US. Sony will handle international distribution while the German firm will now become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment.

The company was formed by Kampf and Oliver Withoft, who died last year aged 49 following a long period of illness.

Kampf says in a statement: "The company I founded over 25 years ago is moving into its strongest chapter yet with the best music company in the world, Sony Music." He adds that the deal would help the company grow as "a dominant force in rock, prog, alternative and metal."

• Paid Members

anyone recommend any rock/metal related podcasts? im all over the Jasta podcast at the moment, working my way through all the old ones, always a great listen. Any more?

I've tried Eddie Trunk's, it's great but i only really listen based on what guest he has on.

anyone recommend any rock/metal related podcasts? im all over the Jasta podcast at the moment, working my way through all the old ones, always a great listen. Any more?

I've tried Eddie Trunk's, it's great but i only really listen based on what guest he has on.

If you like punk, ska, hardcore, vintage emo, check out the Rocketfuel Podcast. The guys voice is pretty annoying but his song selection and interviews are always spot on.

Had a great day at Leeds Festival yesterday (only did a day as Fri-Sat looked awful). LEft with one of the big inflatable Metallica balls (this Leeds one will go nice with the Glastonbury one i got last year). Might have been the best i've ever seen Metallica. And Gojira, Royal Blood and Seether were on fantastic form. Caught the following over the day,,

Babymetal
Fidlar
Marmozets
No Devotion
And So I Watch You From Afar
Royal Blood
Seether
Gojira
Metallica

Had a cracking day at Reading on Saturday. Despite the delay meaning they clashed a bit I was very happy to see Ghost and Metallica, both of who smashed it out of the park. Ghost were incredible.

Was really happy Foals did an unannounced set too which I saw in its entirety. One of my favourite live bands.

Another thing of note was the massive Royal Rumble in the crowd during Royal Blood accompanied by a group of lads singing John Cena's music the entire gig. Stupid but mildly amusing.

Babymetal are oddly becoming a staple of british rock festivals, I really wont be surprised if we see them over here again next year.

Don't know if you know but they're doing Wembley Arena as their own headline show next year. Mental.