The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Iron Maiden have confirmed their new album, 'Book Of Souls', for global release on September 4th which will be a double album clocking in at 92 minutes:

Disc 1

01. If Eternity Should Fail (Dickinson) 8:28

02. Speed Of Light (Smith/ Dickinson) 5:01

03. The Great Unknown (Smith/ Harris) 6:37

04. The Red And The Black (Harris) 13:33

05. When The River Runs Deep (Smith/ Harris) 5:52

06. The Book Of Souls (Gers/ Harris) 10:27

Disc 2

07. Death Or Glory (Smith/ Dickinson) 5:13

08. Shadows Of The Valley (Gers/ Harris) 7:32

09. Tears Of A Clown (Smith/ Harris) 4:59

10. The Man Of Sorrows (Murray/ Harris) 6:28

11. Empire Of The Clouds (Dickinson) 18:01

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maiden-to-release-the-book-of-souls-double-album-in-september/#BFs5tyeA7ZQTmf5W.99

Wow "18:01" must be the LONGEST Iron Maidne song ever?

• Paid Members

It is, they've mentioned it recent news articles many times

I canot read article after article or where they lay, I'd hate to track down every Iron Maiden news article since da 1 good luck, it'd take a lifetime.
Have you had a stroke?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

does anyone here collect or keep old magazines and stuff? i'm looking to get scans of gig adverts/flyers from a bunch of old shows/tours i attended cause im weird like that. I used to keep the magazines with that sort of stuff but i've misplaced/lost tons of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Remember back in the day when the Foo Fighters went all weird around the time of One By One when Dave Grohl started drumming for QOTSA? The Foo's scrapped One By One and started from scratch during recording, well the demo's for the unreleased album have surfaced online...i haven't listened yet, but here's the link to download the demo's.

https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/cfcd732b26603765b1fc361dfe47765d20150804203733/ec1651

it features around 5 sonds that ended up on the album, 1 or 2 became b-sides, the others are songs that were simply scrapped.

I'm not sure if Chelsea Wolfe fits here but her new album does get quite doomy at times, plus its by far my favourite release of the year. I've always been a fan but she's blown all her previous LPs away with Abyss, there a couple of times where you think there might be a lull but another stellar track rips me apart again. She's coming over later this year so I think a trip to either London or Bristol is in order.

http://www.npr.org/2015/07/29/425892446/first-listen-chelsea-wolfe-abyss#playlist

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

The lineup is poor and they posted a minion meme on Facebook the other day, I'll never go again.

I much prefer indoor festivals nowadays, open air shows just seem to attract legions of knobs.

Fuck a meme.

Disagree about the lineup though, plenty to like on there. All depends on your taste though i guess.

Im headed up in the morning.