The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

If it's like Sonisphere in 2010, then there's two stages where you just turn around and walk between the main stages. The only real problem is clashes between the main stages and third stage, but the third stage was directly behind the second stage, so there wasn't much of a walk between stages. The only other big problem was getting into the third stage tent on times, so you had try to get there a good 20 minutes or so before the band you wanted to see, just to get in.

• Paid Members

when i was at Download '12, i had a discussion with two guys who said the set up at Sonisphere is far superior to the Download set up.

I love that lineup though, Kerbdog, Stampin' Ground (thought some of the original members are claiming this to be a bit of a farce), Raging Speedhorn, Dog Eat Dog...it's a nostalgia fest.

just read that Dog Eat Dog will be playing the 'All Boro King' album as their set

kurtcobaintear_638.jpg

According to The Pulse Of Radio, Kurt Cobain's hometown of Aberdeen, Washington declared last Thursday (February 20) "Kurt Cobain Day" and celebrated with the unveiling of a truly bizarre statue of the late NIRVANA frontman. According to Rolling Stone, the "Crying Cobain" statue, which features a solitary tear running down his cheek and makes him look more like Jesus that punk rocker, was installed in the town's museum and greeted by NIRVANA fans with a mixture of confusion and shock.

February 20 would have been Cobain's 47th birthday. He shot himself to death on April 5, 1994.

The statue's sculptor, Randi Hubbard, has reportedly been working on the piece since shortly after Cobain's death. The statue has sat in her auto shop for two decades with art students from around the area occasionally lending a hand to get it finished.

Town leaders are hoping that the statue and "Kurt Cobain Day" will boost tourism in Aberdeen, even though it is well documented that Cobain disliked living there and was even arrested one time for vandalism.

A nearby town, Hoquiam, Washington — where Cobain also briefly lived — is having its own "Kurt Cobain Day" on April 10, the same day that NIRVANA will be inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

A local news channel, King 5, reported on "Kurt Cobain Day" in what The Pulse Of Radio has called "mocking, disrespectful fashion," with the reporter referring to Cobain as "the well-known heroin addict who shot himself 20 years ago,"

Edited by KingOfMetal

• Paid Members

ahhh man, id love to see that. I wonder kind of a reaction they get though, Dog Eat Dog are one of the true forgotten bands of the 90's, they were fairly big for a while too. I still love All Boro Kings.

, it don't get anymore 90's than that. That old Dynamo Festival in Holland looked amazing, the videos on youtube are great, lousy quality but it still looked awesome.

Dynamo! Now thats a blast. Dynamo was the daddy of the European festival circuit before Wacken began to take over.

Dog Eat Dog are one of those bands that people 10 years younger than me claim to remember despite not being around at the same time . They were a band that I remember hearing but not totally investing in. the one track of theirs that I can specifically remember is 'Gang Busters' which I heard on a Roadrunner compilation

yeh, the first two Dog Eat Dog albums were the ones to listen too, All Boro Kings & Play Games, it all went a bit funny after that.

There was a 1996 Bootleg that I had on tape. It was a cracking but short set that was from Donnington that year.

Quick search of the net, suggests this may be it

http://concertsgalore.net/file/dog-eat-dog...load-990153.php

We dont need no ISMs here!

Bring Me The Horizon, Within Temptation, Behemoth, Twisted Sister, Sepultura, Fozzy, The Dan Reed Network, Skillet, Tyketto, Winger, We Came As Romans, Defeater, Cage The Gods, Zebrahead, Twenty One Pilots, Skyharbor, The Howling, Zoax, Press To Meco, Collibus, Reignwolf, Radkey, Bad Touch and Monuments

All added to Download. Full day splits are on the website.

Also Trivium will headline the second stage on Sunday rather than the Red Bull Stage, which is probably the best idea they could have had.

Super tempted to head down again this year now with Behemoth added, Opeth headlining on stage two on the Friday and a stacked sunday

• Paid Members
yeh, the first two Dog Eat Dog albums were the ones to listen too, All Boro Kings & Play Games, it all went a bit funny after that.

There was a 1996 Bootleg that I had on tape. It was a cracking but short set that was from Donnington that year.

Quick search of the net, suggests this may be it

http://concertsgalore.net/file/dog-eat-dog...load-990153.php

We dont need no ISMs here!

yeh there's a Headbangers Ball special (on youtube) that shows some of that. Donnington 96 looked amazing.

Tim Lambesis, the singer for US metal band As I Lay Dying has pleaded guilty to attempting to hire an undercover agent to murder his estranged wife.

The singer, who initially denied the charge, could face nine years in prison for the attempted contract killing.

Lambesis, 32. whose formed As I Lay Dying in San Diego in 2000, has sold more than a million albums.

He remains free on $2m (

Casey Chaos has reformed Amen for a one-off performance at this year's crowd-funded Alt-Fest.

The renown late 90s/early 00s hardcore crew are joined by fellow new announcements Paradise Lost, Agonoize and Finntroll at the goth-heavy alternative bash, which makes its debut bow this year.

Alt-Fest takes place August 15-17 and features the likes of Marilyn Manson, Arch Enemy, Fields Of The Nephilim, The Cult, Cradle Of Filth and many more. Head to www.alt-fest.com for the full lineup and ticket details.