The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Going to see Manowar on Tuesday, a bit cheesy at times but I think we're in for a hell of a show.

Going to see Manowar on Tuesday, a bit cheesy at times but I think we're in for a hell of a show.

thats the Glasgow show right?

Im seeing them in Leeds on Friday, cant wait. There one of the few bands left on the Metal-Bucket List.

Nothing cheesy in the slightest about them, as musicains they are solid as anything. People just get wound up about their lioncloth appearance being cheesy (which they havent done for years now)

I agree, tickets are stupidly priced for this (its like Demaio been taken lessons from KISS) and from what I hear only 3 shows have actually sold out for the tour. Demaio seems to be under the illusion that they are bigger than what they actaully are in this country, hence why no promoter has brought them over here for so many years because they would be operating at a lose. And anyone that has paid the

Prices are so high for one of two possible reasons:

1) because of the production costs for the show that Demaio has promised, as to what the entails I don't know.

2) Academy Events/Metal Hammer have paid Manowar so much to come over, they need to charge that to at least break even.

But like with other bands, there are fans that will pay the silly prices no matter what. I recall reading that t-shirts at the Birmingham show in March were

Edited by KingOfMetal