Best Individual Performance of 2009

tiger_rick

Shocked that Piper's pre-mania promo didn't make it. It's the only interview from this year that's in the promo transcripts thread. Says a lot for individual performances involving a microphone this year.

• Paid Members

I really wanted to say Jesse Ventura as guest host or Ricky Steamboat at WrestleMania 25, but I HAVE to go with The Rock. That promo was the most bittersweet thing I have seen in wrestling for a long time.

For those who actually need a reminder, here it is:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xat7dr_th...e-on-smac_sport

• Awards Moderator
I really wanted to say Jesse Ventura as guest host or Ricky Steamboat at WrestleMania 25, but I HAVE to go with The Rock. That promo was the most bittersweet thing I have seen in wrestling for a long time.

For those who actually need a reminder, here it is:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xat7dr_th...e-on-smac_sport

After watching that, I want to change my vote to The Rock. Oh well...

• Paid Members
He had a Singles match with Jericho at Backlash didn't he?

Yep, and it was pretty good. In fact, I'm a little surprised it didn't get nominated.

• Paid Members

Yep, and it was pretty good. In fact, I'm a little surprised it didn't get nominated.

I'd say less watched Backlash, I know I didn't see it. At the end of the day I can't take a day off too often and there's no way I'm gonna pay 15 quid to watch a PPV the day after, especially at the rate people tend to spoil things.

Yeah, but you knew what was coming, at WM we had no idea if he could still go or not, Snuka was fucked 15 years ago, piper was fucked 10 years ago, and it showed, then in comes Steamboat and it's like he's fucking ageless.

This was a toss up between Steamboat and Mysterio in the Chamber, I plumped for Mysterio, because I was looking forward to seeing Steamboat return regardless, but ith Rey I actually found myself willing him on to beat Edge for the Title, something I thought I'd never do, because I fucking hate Rey Mysterio

Good list, regardless of what you think of the product - 2009 really was the year of great one-off 'WWE Moments', although I'd expect TNA to crack it next year. Some real gems there (apart from Chris Masters doing the Crazy Train which was okay but I didn't find as funny as everyone else it seems). I'm going for Undertaker's face at WrestleMania.