Best MMA Fighter of 2009

tiger_rick

Best MMA Fighter of 2009?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

and whats worse is thet Lesnar/Mir has a very realistic chance of beating Guida/Sanchez for fight of the year :rolleyes:

The fact that it is beating the spectacle that was Anderson Silva taking apart a top contender in a higher weightclass in Forrest Griffin is even worse.

However, this is a pro wrestling forum, so such things are to be expected I suppose.

I've gone Penn.

I wanted to go for Pierre, but then thought that he's done nothing remarkeble by his standards this year. He's essentially carried on the path set by his own high, high standards. Probably still my favourite MMA competitor, though.

Then, I thought Dan but, despite his undoubted success, he still has that air of having had greatness thrust upon him rather than something that he might have earnt.

Penn on the other hand had an absolutely horrible start to the year. Deflated, defeated and embarassed he went away and, despite having every reason to be an arrogant and pompous ass, went back to the drawing board and bust his ass like never before. Coming back against both Florian and Sanchez, he displayed a patience and compusure you could argue he otherwise lacked, but most of all it looked as if he'd, for once, taken his strength and conditioning training seriously and not for granted.

I do love Lesnar, but it's shit he's on this list.

Penn got crushed by GSP, but he beat his top 2 contenders so badly people are asking if he'll ever lose at that weight. That's impressive.

GSP only fought twice, but those two wins were over the best LW in the world and a guy a lot of people would have as a top 3 WW, and he beat them both easily.

Dan Hardy? A win over Rory Markham isn't impressive. A split decision win over Marcus Davis isn't that impressive. Beating Swick is nice but it's not huge. No idea how he made the short list.

Mousasi fought four times and had four wins, but only Sobral was top level out of his opponents. And that was his most impressive win, with beatings of over the hill Goodridge and Hunt not meaning a huge amount, and his fight with Sokoudjou (who is very shit) not exactly looking that convincing.

I'm going to go with Aldo - four fights, four horrific beatings, one an eight second stoppage of a top ten FW, and one a two round beating of the top FW in the world.

• Paid Members
Dan Hardy? A win over Rory Markham isn't impressive. A split decision win over Marcus Davis isn't that impressive. Beating Swick is nice but it's not huge. No idea how he made the short list.

God save our gracious Queen, long live.....

Well, GSP & Lesnar tied for "Best MMA fighter 2009".

GSP scored wins over Alves, and in perhaps one of the biggest fights of the year, against a real pound for pound great, BJ Penn.

He's also tied at the top of most peoples "best in the world" lists.

Lesnar fought once. Against Frank Mir.

I love pro wrestling boards.