[Nominations] Best Event of 2009

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
It's simple. I voted for Wrestlemania 25 because I enjoyed it. Simple as that.

Did you enjoy it more than any other wrestling event in 2009? And why?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrestlemania 25 ... show of the year, can I please have what you where smoking to enjoy this show, I was there, and bar the Taker/HBK match, I can think of a list of places I would rather have been, and things I would rather have been doing, than been in Houston at that point.

If that was your event of the year, then you really must have some reverse logic for the far superior WWE PPVs from this year!

Because everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Yes but its a incredibly shit opinion to have regarding wrestlemania 25 it was shit it was abysmal and the only things that saved it were jericho/the legends and hbk vs taker apart from that it was utter shite.

It was pretty close to getting nominated by me. I enjoyed the opener, Jericho/Legends, Cena/Edge/Show, Santino's dance, Austin's goodbye, Hardy/Hardy and it was made better by a decent atmosphere in the Sports Cafe. Only an anti-climax of a main event stopped it getting in, with too much filler being the other reason.

• Paid Members

Yes but its a incredibly shit opinion to have regarding wrestlemania 25 it was shit it was abysmal and the only things that saved it were jericho/the legends and hbk vs taker apart from that it was utter shite.

It was pretty close to getting nominated by me. I enjoyed the opener, Jericho/Legends, Cena/Edge/Show, Santino's dance, Austin's goodbye, Hardy/Hardy and it was made better by a decent atmosphere in the Sports Cafe. Only an anti-climax of a main event stopped it getting in, with too much filler being the other reason.

Now, see, this is a good answer. I completely disagree with it, but at least you're answering the question, which, in fairness, you didn't have to. So thanks.

Now, see, this is a good answer. I completely disagree with it, but at least you're answering the question, which, in fairness, you didn't have to. So thanks.

I didn't actually answer your question. ;)

I'm as mystified as you are at Mania 25 being nominated over every other PPV that WWE put on this year, especially when the standard this year when it comes to WWE PPV was very good.

I was more replying to the idea that it was "abysmal".

I can see why people liked WrestleMania this year, I enjoyed it myself. I've seen every WrestleMania and with four or five matches I liked from the card I'd say it was as good as or better than at least half the WMs I've seen. However, I can't see much of a case for it being 'Best Event' unless it was the only PPV you saw this year.

It had two significant problems for me: i.) The poor build-up meant a lot of the matches didn't feel as big as they should have. As a result the event as a whole didn't feel as big as it could have instead the undercard seemed a bit more like some of the WMs from the 90s, probably the first time since WrestleMania 2000, where they had just thrown people on the show; ii.) The main event was an anti-climax. Going in I didn't expect Hunter/Orton to surpass Taker/Shawn but I did think they could have gone out there and had an entertaining brawl which sent the majority home happy. They didn't. There have been poor undercards before that were almost saved by a good main event (WM XV) and whilst I'd rate this 'Mania higher overall than the one from a decade ago it didn't have that same WrestleMania conclusion where it feels like the start of the WWE's 'New Year' and you leave the show wondering what would happen the next night on Raw.

A third point is that the standard for WM in recent years has been very high (I thought both XXIII and XXIV were two of the best they've had, WM XXII was very good as well and I know a lot of people on here rated WM 21 really highly as well although I'd only rate the first 2 hours, which admittedly were very very good, as being that good) and this year's card just looked like an anti-climax compared to them.

Edited by TheBigBoot