[Nominations] Best Event of 2009

tiger_rick

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWE No Way Out - One good Elimination Chamber match, one great one and really made the WWE title picture feel different by the end of the night (and messed up a lot of people's WM predictions).

WWE Raw (6th April 2009) - I'm going to agree with Dopper here, nice post-WM show with ten man tag that was one of the better Raw matches of 09. As it happens, it was my birthday as well.

WWE Backlash - Jericho/Steamboat, Hardy/Hardy, Edge/Cena and the six man were all better than the matches the were versions of 'rematches' of from WrestleMania.

WWE Breaking Point - Two of the best PPV matches of the year (Regal/Christian, Orton/Cena), a couple of very good tag matches and just a solid card overall.

WWE Survivor Series - Just a fun card from top to bottom, capped off by a very good Triple Threat.

• Paid Members

Would someone be prepared to explain why WM25 is being nominated for Best Event, when it was utter shit and clearly inferior to some of the smaller PPVs that WWE have put on this year?

Because everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Yes but its a incredibly shit opinion to have regarding wrestlemania 25 it was shit it was abysmal and the only things that saved it were jericho/the legends and hbk vs taker apart from that it was utter shite.

Well all I can say is that if you don't like other people's opinions then tough.

Because everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Yes but its a incredibly shit opinion to have regarding wrestlemania 25 it was shit it was abysmal and the only things that saved it were jericho/the legends and hbk vs taker apart from that it was utter shite.

Well all I can say is that if you don't like other people's opinions then tough.

Erm thats the point of this place that people can express their opinions on whatever subject they please (in this case the best wrestling event of the year) and other people have the right to challenge them.

Surely as a journalist you must be challenging peoples opinions on various subjects

As it is in my opinion Wrestlemania 25 was shit i pointed out what i thought was good from the show but apart from the hbk-taker match and the jericho vs the legends match what else was there on the card thats made you vote for it as event of the year? You're surely not just choosing it because its a wrestlemania are you?