General politics discussion thread

David

It's not an impression, it's a fact. I've asked a couple of lawyers about it and they've laughed.

Add to this they have links with the BNP - during that kerfuffle earlier in the year when they tried to "arrest" a judge, one of the activists arrested was the organiser of the local BNP branch.

In the US, the fremen movement also has strong ties with right wing militia groups, whose anti-goverment beliefs are mixed with anti-semitism and good old fashioned anti-black racism.

But you know all this, of course, Duane, as you've done your research on both sides of the argument and made a decision for yourself...

You know, if you devoted the time that you currently waste going to fringe loony meeting on, say, a proper political party, or charity, or something you'd actually have much more impact on the world. Which I think underneath is what you want.

You know, if you devoted the time that you currently waste going to fringe loony meeting on, say, a proper political party, or charity, or something you'd actually have much more impact on the world. Which I think underneath is what you want.

Steady on now. You think that the regular Joe can change the Labour party?

• Paid Members
Yes, I believe Duane inadvertently revealed that one of the people that runs it thought that Britain had a written constitution.

Regardless of what your impressions are of the BC Group the main thing is the group is taking positive action when we have been let down by the parliamentarians, who clearly do not have the best interests of the nation.

The BC Group is holding 2 conventions, one in Stoke On Trent and another 2 weeks later in London. It's a growing movement with people joining up from the police, ex-armed services and former politicians.

Convention details - www.ukcolumn.org/

How IS anyone supposed to back a group that did not know one of the most widely-known facts about the UK political system?

How IS anyone supposed to back a group that did not know one of the most widely-known facts about the UK political system?

People back groups & parties who consistently lie and bullshit their voters, so it's not that much of a stretch really, is it?

This is the problem with politics in this country, and to be fair many others. There's loads of things fundamentally wrong with the tory, labour or lib dem (/tory?) policies. But the only noticeable alternatives are full of morons/mentalists/both.

Depressing quite frankly.

Labour are a fucking shambles. They give tough rhetoric on 'bad companies', but refuse to be drawn on specificities because they're afraid of spooking the business community.

They so badly want to have it both ways, and it's just ridiculous.

And, does anyone really want Ed M in charge of the country, and Ed B in charge ofthe economy?

• Paid Members
And, does anyone really want Ed M in charge of the country, and Ed B in charge ofthe economy?

I'd take just about anything that gets shot of Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Twat.

If you want to stand PM, I'll vote for you solely on the basis of that Science from Big Brother reference.