General politics discussion thread

David

But as I say, the police should enforce zero tolerance on vagrants within town and city centres (and no, that isn't victimising them, it's holding them to the same standards as anyone else).

Well.....it is only holding them to the same standards as anyone else if zero tolerance is being enforced on everyone, in which case saying that the police should enforce zero tolerance on vagrants seems redundant.

But as I say, the police should enforce zero tolerance on vagrants within town and city centres (and no, that isn't victimising them, it's holding them to the same standards as anyone else).

Well.....it is only holding them to the same standards as anyone else if zero tolerance is being enforced on everyone, in which case saying that the police should enforce zero tolerance on vagrants seems redundant.

Zero tolerance should be enforced on everyone. At the moment vagrants are simply ignored because it's more trouble than it's worth to arrest them. They'll just be out doing the same thing the day after because what can the police threaten them with? Prison? A nice warm jail cell with 3 square meals a day, plus all the other niceties?

They can't afford fines, it's impossible for them to pay them. And a night in the cells, with food, would be an improvement.

How exactly would you suggest the police enforce this zero tolerance? Could it be time for death squads to respond to the dropping of cigeratte ends.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12633240

Just to carry on what I was saying yesterday. The BBC lead headline on their site is "US and Israel were behind Stuxnet claims researcher" then in the article near the end it says

The United States and Israel have led an international campaign to halt Iran's nuclear programme, however there is no hard evidence to link either country to the creation of Stuxnet.

The rest of the article makes it clear they're guilty. Pro-Israel indeed. Evidence matters, not opinions.

Edited by Yoghurt

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12633240

Just to carry on what I was saying yesterday. The BBC lead headline on their site is "US and Israel were behind Stuxnet claims researcher" then in the article near the end it says

The United States and Israel have led an international campaign to halt Iran's nuclear programme, however there is no hard evidence to link either country to the creation of Stuxnet.

The rest of the article makes it clear they're guilty. Pro-Israel indeed. Evidence matters, not opinions.

I don't get your point here at all. The headline makes it clear it's one man's opinion (admittedly a security expert), then they include the line above reiterating that there's no hard evidence. A biased report of this story would have excluded both those things.

It's an interesting story, and worth reporting. So I don't understand your problem with it.

This would be infinitely more damaging than civil service cuts. This is a proper company, raking in million upon millions driven out by ridiculous anti-bank rhetoric. Does not bode well for the future, banks are needed in this country much more then unions.

The problem is there will be an exodus once one of the big stable banks ups and leaves. Which is a huge problem as they generate billions upon billions in revenue. The cuts as necessary as they are are really, really small time in comparison, this is the biggest financial concern as it would be absolutely devastating.