General politics discussion thread

David

Out of interest, how does one become a member of the EDL? Is it a case of paying a membership fee and filling out forms? Or do you just turn up to a march/protest?

Mickey could probably tell you better than I, but as far as I'm aware it's just find your local branch and join up on facebook or whatever it might be, or know someone who'll take you along if you want to be part of the coachtrips and all that jazz.

Or you can just turn up and join in.

Alot of their support comes from football firms, so if you're well known for beating the shit out of people who follow a different team you'll have a bit of a leg up.

By the same token, if a couple of UAF members got in the faces of some EDL members and they got stabbed, they'd deserve it too?

Well no, the other side of the EDL coin is not the UAF, much as they'd like to paint it as such. The other side is the MAC or islam4uk or any of those bunch of twats. And yeah, if during them trying to fuck up a rememberance day for a tragedy which saw 1,000's killed they got sliced for their troubles, they'd fucking deserve it, and I've already said that.

While I wouldn't necessarily condone every action of every member of the UAF, they are fighting the bad guys, which is a pretty reasonable thing to be doing, and doesn't mean they deserve stabbing.

Unless of course a couple of UAF members decided to walk round muslim areas with big signs saying fuck allah, or something equally pleasant, in which case - by the same token - they'd probaly have it coming.

Edited by Kiffy

It's basicly a street movement so there are no proper memberships, however the more you attend & get to know people the easier it is to involved. Making a donation always helps.

And "trusted members" are always invited to book places on the coaches set up by the regional members.

Well no, the other side of the EDL coin is not the UAF, much as they'd like to paint it as such. The other side is the MAC or islam4uk or any of those bunch of twats. And yeah, if during them trying to fuck up a rememberance day for a tragedy which saw 1,000's killed they got sliced for their troubles, they'd fucking deserve it, and I've already said that.

While I wouldn't necessarily condone every action of every member of the UAF, they are fighting the bad guys, which is a pretty reasonable thing to be doing, and doesn't mean they deserve stabbing.

Unless of course a couple of UAF members decided to walk round muslim areas with big signs saying fuck allah, or something equally pleasant, in which case - by the same token - they'd probaly have it coming.

Sooo, it's ok to stab people, maybe even kill them because you don't like what they say?

So saying "Fuck Allah" in a Muslim area gives the people of the area freedom to commit violent acts?

Clown.

Sooo, it's ok to stab people, maybe even kill them because you don't like what they say?

So saying "Fuck Allah" in a Muslim area gives the people of the area freedom to commit violent acts?

Clown.

No of course it's not, don't be silly. It's illegal and rightly so.

But if you insist on being a cunt, chances are at some point someone will take exception, and quite frankly you'll have had it coming. That's not legal, but it is life fella.

• Paid Members
That's a ridiculous point. South Yorkshire isn't a country.

Except its not a ridiculous point as its still part of the UK. As is Scotland. Its no more unfair on South Yorkshire than it is Scotland that our overall government has the power over a unitary state. Being a country makes no difference, we still voted against the current government and we still have to put up with it. Thats democracy, if it doesnt go your way then suck it up and get over it, democracy means accepting it when its against you as well as when its what you want. Or campaign for independence obviously. :laugh:

But joking aside, would you prefer full independence or one of the other options that people have been floating about? If so would you want Scotland in the commonwealth or not?

If I walked around peckham tomorrow with a big ol placard saying "Fuck niggers," and I got fucked up, I'd have it coming.

And the irony here old boy, is that the EDL was set up to oppose, violently in most cases, extremist muslims point of view. You can't have it both ways, if you're pro people being allowed to do and say what they want, you can't then violently protest people for doing just that.

If I walked around peckham tomorrow with a big ol placard saying "Fuck niggers," and I got fucked up, I'd have it coming.

And the irony here old boy, is that the EDL was set up to oppose, violently in most cases, extremist muslims point of view. You can't have it both ways, if you're pro people being allowed to do and say what they want, you can't then violently protest people for doing just that.

You're right! People should be allowed to protest and say what they like but the media bias will never allow that to happen, for example the EDL do it in Tower Hamlets, it's on the news, vilified & people wring their hands about it.

MAC do it and it gets very very little press, I don't even think it got any tv coverage.

Bit one sided wouldn't you say?

I'd say that there is a huge anti islam bias in the mainstream press. These MAC pricks get so much press, albeit tabloid press, that you might think they are numbered in their thousands where in truth they are such a tiny organisation.

Well no, not really, the sun reported the MAC lot today, in the same way it reported your lot.

And if not, really, you've only got yourselves to blame. No matter how foul the cause of the MAC and islam4uk is, they manage to have their stupid little protests and march's without the need for 100's of thousands of pounds to police them, and they're pretty much always non-violent. But when the media did give them loads of attention it was exactly what they were looking for, it made a tiny number of insane muslims look like a serious far reaching problem, it gave them more publicity than they could ever have dreamed of.

And what happened? People as stupid as you and yours ended up fucking believing it, and now every few weekends we've got a few hundred drunk skinheads marching under the banner of EDL to protect a country that's 94% non-muslim from being taken over by Sharia law.

There was a huge media bias against Muslims in the tabloids for years. Cos it sold papers, but then it created idiots like you who couldn't see past the headlines and understand what was actually happening.

But the media bias against the EDL, isn't part of some huge conspiracy, you're just a bunch of cunts, and it's nigh on impossible for the media to report on you without highlighting you're a bunch of cunts. And when you assault and set fire to the media that come out to cover your static protests, you really don't do anything to change that.

There's no conspiracy, no media cover ups, there's just a bunch of cunts (you) and another bunch of cunts (the extremist muslim types) and the reason everyone hates both of you, is that you're a bunch of cunts.

Really can't be any clearer than that.

Didn't we already have a thread that consisted of Big Mickey talking shit, and then having Kiffy respond with "You hate pakis and niggers", "You hate pakis and niggers", "You hate pakis and niggers", over and over again, for 50 pages?.

Do we really need another?.

Fair point, I'm clearly not doing well with the self restraint here, I'll move on.