General politics discussion thread

David

Good seeing some protesting getting done today.

Hopefully it's just the start of a campaign against the current regime and their cuts.

Regardless of whether its right or not? You just want to see riots and protests? Does it matter whether people get hurt? Does it matter if some idiot tries to kill people by throwing a pressurised object off a roof? Does it matter is police are put in hospital?

I love how a bunch of students, who want someone else to pay for their party, start a riot and for some reason burn their own plaquards (sp), its the polices fault to the media.

• Moderators

Hopefully it's just the start of a campaign against the current regime and their cuts.

Regardless of whether its right or not? You just want to see riots and protests? Does it matter whether people get hurt? Does it matter if some idiot tries to kill people by throwing a pressurised object off a roof? Does it matter is police are put in hospital?

I love how a bunch of students, who want someone else to pay for their party, start a riot and for some reason burn their own plaquards (sp), its the polices fault to the media.

You're an idiot. Stop putting words in other people's mouths, because they're bound to be stupid words. (because you're an idiot).

You're an idiot. Stop putting words in other people's mouths, because they're bound to be stupid words. (because you're an idiot).

Where am I putting words into peoples mouths? I was asking some questions based on someone saying they were pleased about a violent protest and hoping its the first of many.

there's not much else around at the moment for them to do thanks to the erosion of the manufacturing and heavy industry sectors...

Those jobs could have really been a big help right now but never fear I'm sure that David Cameron (never mind Clegg he doesn't matter) and his muckers can find plenty of jobs for the common folk.

services_shoe_shine.jpg

Did anyone watch the Trillion pound horror shows on C4 last night?

The best show the channel has ever produced, the ridiculous spending policies of successive governments have brought the UK nearly to its knees, 4 million more people than needed in the public sector. The show was just astoundingly correct. It showed up Labour and the Unions immeasurably who everyone with even a modicum of knowledge haven't been listening to anyway.

Our children will suffer for these policies considerably worse than we do now, they're borrowing tens of billions a year just to pay into the public sector pensions, an enormous time bomb of itself. The cuts are exactly like emptying a free flowing bath with an eggcup.

Edited by Yoghurt

Taps out.

I'll leave the politics to the rich, the scum sheet reading mongs and those with more will power then me because after months of reading scum sheet propogander (unemployed = scrounger no matter the circumstances) and hearing the same old shit from scum politicians I no longer have anything left in the tank it genuingly is breaking me.

I'll just sit back and laugh at the angry scum sheet reading mongs the next time some scandal breaks out that involves "our betters" screwing the system for millions while telling us to shut up, do as we are told and take whatever shit they drop on us like good little commoners.

Labour, Conservative, Lib Dems it doesn't matter and as long as they are living the good life fuck the suffering of everyone else.

I hope this whole stinking nation collapses.

Did anyone watch the Trillion pound horror shows on C4 last night?

The best show the channel has ever produced, the ridiculous spending policies of successive governments have brought the UK nearly to its knees, 4 million more people than needed in the public sector. The show was just astoundingly correct. It showed up Labour and the Unions immeasurably who everyone with even a modicum of knowledge haven't been listening to anyway.

Our children will suffer for these policies considerably worse than we do now, they're borrowing tens of billions a year just to pay into the public sector pensions, an enormous time bomb of itself. The cuts are exactly like emptying a free flowing bath with an eggcup.

I only needed to see the trailer to be amazed that a show this ridiculous could be commissioned. Then I realised that it was made by the same sociopathic neo-con climate-change denier that C4 occasionally roll out to be controversial and rile up anybody with one ounce of human empathy. The guy's Ayn Rand-level lunacy.

The Department of Health is putting the fast food companies McDonald's and KFC and processed food and drink manufacturers such as PepsiCo, Kellogg's, Unilever, Mars and Diageo at the heart of writing government policy on obesity, alcohol and diet-related disease, the Guardian has learned.

In an overhaul of public health, said by campaign groups to be the equivalent of handing smoking policy over to the tobacco industry, health secretary Andrew Lansley has set up five "responsibility deal" networks with business, co-chaired by ministers, to come up with policies. Some of these are expected to be used in the public health white paper due in the next month.

:laugh:

Depends on what they're doing.

If they're writing policy, then obviously it's a fucking travesty. But if the government are bringing them into the process in order to thrash out an industry-wide change in attitudes to what goes into foods, then it could potentially be a really good thing. I guess somebody thinks that, as well as trying to persuade people not to eat junk food, they could also try making junk food less bad for you...