The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

Trott really is frustrating. He faces too many dot balls to be a successful ODI player, but then he'll crack a couple of 4s on the bounce. He faced 40 balls for his 26 the other day, now he's 12 off 26. Don't know what to make of him.

EDIT: Two 4s now he's 26 off 32. Wierd bastard.

SECOND EDIT: Paul Allott is fucking worthless as a commentator.

Edited by Max Power

• Paid Members

Just as frustrating is the fact that they scored only 41 off the first 10 powerplay overs - and then 36 off the next 5 non-powerplay overs. How does that work? No coherency to our batting when we go to these places.

You are right about Trott, though - too many dot balls. That said, his record is awesome and his overall strike rate is almost 80. He's a complicated one, isn't he? He's like our Jacques Kallis, in that regard.

I'd like to see Pietersen given another go at opening, thought there was potential there at the World Cup despite him being injured/desperate to go home. Couldn't do any worse than switching between various keeper/batsmen opening every couple of series like we do a the moment.

Bell in the middle order would help too as the likes Trott/Bopara/Patel aren't the quickest, so someone who can run hard and put fielders under pressure if we can't hit boundaries would help.

Borthwick should probably be given a go too. Its not like the seamers have been economical so a leg spinner being expensive shouldn't come into it.

Just wank. I don't understand it. So many things have gone wrong.

Anderson and Broad left at home. This exposes Bresnan, who's a very good support bowler but probably not good enough to lead an attack. Although Finn has bowled well. Swann serialises his book which basically shits on Pieterson. This can't be good. Kieswetter can't catch. He also is seemingly unable to grasp the concept of rotating the strike. He can't half hit a six though. Bopara is shit. Bell, who is probably our best player of spin has played one game. Why? No idea. Bairstow is probably not quite ready yet, although having said that he's not really had the best of opportunities this series - he's either come in needing to slog it after Trott has blocked the shit out of it, or he's come in at 100-4 with us in the shit. Swann has bowled like a tosser. We've dropped catches and misfielded plenty.

Yes, I do realise this sounds pretty shyte but I don't care. Very frustrating.

• Paid Members

I missed that post of yours, Max, absolutely spot on. I'm not quite sure how we get it so wrong in ODIs yet we seem to get it just right in T20s.

Anyone been following the Pakistani match fixing case? I still can't believe that a large part of their defence was that they bowled those no-balls as a complete coincidence on those deliveries. That really was the best they can come up with.

It will be interesting to see what sentences are dished out as there isn't a huge amount of precedence for this kind of thing. I reckon Mohammad Amir might get away relatively lightly. That lad will probably never live up to the greatness that he clearly had in him now, what a waste.

• Paid Members

It's completely nuts! Mohammad Asif has had a guy turn up claiming that he's actually his agent yesterday and now all this as well. Apparently there are suspicions that there were spot fixing incidents in all of Pakistan's test matches over here last year.

And Majeed strongly implied there is an alternative group of fixers within the Pakistani squad and he paid Asif a loyalty payment to stop him jumping ship to them.

EDIT: Also named (well, first name) of the indian bookmaker who helped them 'get on' and setup the fixing.

Edited by Van Dammer

They're all trying to weasel out of jail now. Butt is completely fucked. His lawyer stood up and basically begged for forgiveness, bringing his young family into it all. It seems that Asif has realised that he's fucked, and his lawyer spoke for only a few moments.

Amir's trying to shift the blame onto the other two "motivated by financial reward and because he felt obliged to do the fixing".

They're all trying to weasel out of jail now. Butt is completely fucked. His lawyer stood up and basically begged for forgiveness, bringing his young family into it all. It seems that Asif has realised that he's fucked, and his lawyer spoke for only a few moments.

Amir's trying to shift the blame onto the other two "motivated by financial reward and because he felt obliged to do the fixing".

Amir should be treated quite well, he pleaded guilty before the trial whilst Asif and Butt have clearly lied throughout and have still denied it through their lawyers