The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Moderators

Anyone listening to TMS? The lunchtime guest in Lily Allen and she's fucking awful. So far she's discussed players she finds attractive (Graham Onions mainly), how the Whites look nice on the Green of the grass and she got into cricket after "Freddie had a wee at Downing Street". She then went on to say that she "doesn't get the extras thing". She mentioned Chris Old, and I thought "Ah, it might not be a washout", but alas, she just said that her dad wonders where he is now, but she doesn't know of him.

If they were desperate for someone "FOR THE KIDS", I hear Johnny Borrell is a giant cricket man.

Edited by FrankSidebottom

• Paid Members
Anyone listening to TMS? The lunchtime guest in Lily Allen and she's fucking awful. So far she's discussed players she finds attractive, how the Whites look nice on the Green of the grass and she got into cricket after "Freddie had a wee at Downing Street". She then went on to say that she "doesn't get the extras thing". She mentioned Chris Old, and I thought "Ah, it might not be a washout", but alas, she just said that her dad wonders where he is now, but she doesn't know of him.

If they were desperate for someone "FOR THE KIDS", I hear Johnny Borrell is a giant cricket man.

There is nothing I hate more than a person who jumps on board supporting a team as part of a bandwagon and then makes no effort to understand the sport at all. LDN might have been a good song but otherwise she can fuck fucking off.

Great morning for England though, eh? I was thinking maybe 80 runs for 3 wickets down would be good going. Looks like Trott has booked his place to South Africa. At this rate, 3 of out top 5 will be Saffies of some description.

By the way, Frank, might interest you, this. Adil Rashid scored 157 not out against my lads - he's taken 5 wickets in an innings and scored centuries in back to back matches now. And, Bopara got 201 yesterday.

• Moderators

Looking at the pitch he'd have been well in as a second spinner instead of Harmison. I enjoyed Strauss' knock, nice and safety first. If we can knock 250 and declare I'll be happy with that. I don't see the Aussies getting 400 on this wicket.

• Paid Members

I think he was sent out there to enjoy himself really. Broad will play much the same way, and Swann. Flintoff's batting fell away in the last few years, it was a shame really because he never quite did as well as he could have done. I think his bowling became his main concern.

• Moderators
I think he was sent out there to enjoy himself really. Broad will play much the same way, and Swann. Flintoff's batting fell away in the last few years, it was a shame really because he never quite did as well as he could have done. I think his bowling became his main concern.

I thought he was going to be the biggest waste of talent ever in his fat years. But fair play to him, he lost the weight and became a fine player. His Back problems didn't help him though.

The afternoon session has ended with England 462 ahead. Pretty decent session, and Trott's played one hell of an innings with the scoreboard ticking over quite nicely throughout. I think that's probably going to be enough for us to be able to bowl Australia out relatively comfortably with the condition of the wicket. I'd perhaps keep going after tea for a while and see if Trott can get his century as he's playing well and deserves it I think. We should have a bowl at the Aussies today as well though I think, and if we could grab a wicket or two we'd be in a great position to wrap up the game.

I can't even find a successful fourth innings chase at the Oval on Cricinfo's highest score table, with the ones featuring being draws, but it's got to be a world record for them to chase it down and win the game. At this point though, I feel they may just try and bat for two days.

• Moderators

Can they last 2 days on this rapidly deteriorating wicket though? Yeah, play until Trott makes his century, and try a get a couple of wickets before close with the shiny ball. We'll be nice and set for tomorrow then.

Well that's what I'm thinking. The way the wicket is looking and playing now, there's got to be almost no way that the Australia batsmen can hold off an onslaught for two and a bit days. Hell, I'm sure even though I've moved towards medium swing, I could dust off the old spin bowling I had a year or two ago and could pick up a few wickets on this pitch.

Even if they do manage to bat for two days, I can't see Australia making the 530+ needed to win the game. Stranger things have happened, but it looks like England might win this series after all...

Trott's got his century now, but they're still playing on, so I wonder whether Stauss is just going to let them play until we lose all 10 wickets. There's still plenty of overs left in the day for us to have a bowl at them with the new ball, and maybe Anderson can do something with it then.

Edited by LariatTom

The thing thats going to be really annoying is if England win the match, and therefore the series, there are going to be thousends of rubber-neckers claiming that Stuart Broard should be given a knighthood. There was one goon in one of the papers a few weeks ago saying that Andrew Flintoff should have a knighthood aswell

Poppycock. Broad's not played that well all series but there's something about this wicket that has really played into his hands and he was able to have an incredible spell yesterday where he just undid the Aussies. There'll be people who say it, but they should be firmly ignored. He's going to be seen as "the next Flintoff" though, no doubt.

Declaration made! Let's see how the Aussies fare.

Poppycock. Broad's not played that well all series but there's something about this wicket that has really played into his hands and he was able to have an incredible spell yesterday where he just undid the Aussies. There'll be people who say it, but they should be firmly ignored. He's going to be seen as "the next Flintoff" though, no doubt.

I know he hasnt played well all series, but people will base it around how he's played in the deciding test match. I bet you some idiot will say that Broad should get an honour of some kind purely based on this fifth test match

• Moderators

It's the same with anything to do with Sport though, it's not exactly going to be a surprise to see the red tops clamouring for "Sir Trott".

Anyroads, probably about half an hour until close, it'd be a prime time to take a wicket. Our fielding hasn't been brilliant in this session, I've noticed.

I know he hasnt played well all series, but people will base it around how he's played in the deciding test match. I bet you some idiot will say that Broad should get an honour of some kind purely based on this fifth test match

Oh, I know that. We love a hero though, right? I mean, I'm still surprised Lewis Hamilton hasn't been put forward to be given a knighthood after last year.

Didn't the squad members get MBEs in 2005 for winning The Ashes?

Oh, and we could do with getting Broad on sooner rather than later. Once Harmison has bowled a few overs, we need to get Broad in and see what he can do with Swann at the other end.

Edited by LariatTom