UEWA News Thread

SSW

Historical Step for European Wrestling // UEWA is launching july 1st!

After a lot of work, we are happy to finally announce the first step of history in the making. The start of the Union Of European Wrestling Alliances (or UEWA for short), effectively starting july 1st. As the name says, UEWA is not yet another wrestling promotion but a union of some of the best european wrestling promotions who will work together closely in all their future endeavourments.

Much like in the old school days, UEWA is divided into territories with one promotion representing each country. Only exception from the rule is England as the main country of european wrestling today. England will be represented by two promotions. All participating promotions have equal rights with more territories possibly joining in the near future.

The following promotions are part of the UEWA at the day of its foundation:

- All Star Wrestling (Stoke-On-Trent, England)

- Catch Wrestling Norddeutschland (Norderstedt, Germany)

- Danish Pro Wrestling (Midtjylland, Denmark)

- Italian Championship Wrestling (Milan, Italy)

- Premier British Wrestling (Glasgow, Scotland)

- Riotgas Wrestling Alliance (Vienna, Austria)

- Shooting Star Wrestling (Yorkshire, England)

- World Wide Pro Wrestling (Tuggen, Switzerland)

UEWA itself will not promote any shows but will sanction all events from its member promotions. The main goal of UEWA is to create a title with credibility which lives up to the name it carries unlike a lot of other titles in the business today.

Thus said, we are happy to introduce the European Heavyweight Championship which is a joint venture of all promotions within the UEWA. The first European Heavyweight Champion will be crowned in a sixteen men tournament with the first round taking place in the UEWA member promotions and the winner

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

So if England is now represented by two promotions (All Star Wrestling and Shooting Star Wrestling) where does this leave the dozens of other promotions currently operating in England?

I know marks have been clamoring for governing bodies and territory systems akin to the original NWA, but how is this going to work if it's not going to cut the crap from British wrestling? Because this just seems like a front for marks to get their rocks off to for a few weeks, only for it to fade away when they realise it's nothing but a front and not doing anything worthwhile.

So if England is now represented by two promotions (All Star Wrestling and Shooting Star Wrestling) where does this leave the dozens of other promotions currently operating in England?

I know marks have been clamoring for governing bodies and territory systems akin to the original NWA, but how is this going to work if it's not going to cut the crap from British wrestling? Because this just seems like a front for marks to get their rocks off to for a few weeks, only for it to fade away when they realise it's nothing but a front and not doing anything worthwhile.

I would assume it leaves them in exactly the same position as before. They aren't saying that all othere promotions have to close down - how could they? They've seem to have simply created a new title to be defended in their various groups only and presumably some kind of talent swap.

Where does all the stuff about "marks" come into it? It isn't a "front" for anything. They've quite openly said who they are and what they're going to do. It's not exactly an earth shattering announcement.

It sounds very interesting. I hope it all gos well.

:thumbsup:

• Paid Members

I would assume it leaves them in exactly the same position as before. They aren't saying that all othere promotions have to close down - how could they? They've seem to have simply created a new title to be defended in their various groups only and presumably some kind of talent swap.

Where does all the stuff about "marks" come into it? It isn't a "front" for anything. They've quite openly said who they are and what they're going to do. It's not exactly an earth shattering announcement.

I'm not naive enough to think they would have the power the tell all the other promotions in the UK to close up shop.

As for marks, there was a topic started not so long back about territories in the UK, and that is what SSW mentioned with this new European alliance. But at the moment, it just seems to be a front for this new European Championship, which by all means is good if it draws interest to each promotion involved, but I'm fearful the novelty of such will soon wear off.

I'll be interested in any further developments to this initiative.

Whilst it's all good having working relationships with other companies, I dont see exactly how this is gonna benefit any of the companies involved?

Joe Average isn't going to come to a wrestling show because a company is affiliated with some other european companies. Alot of companies already have 'working relationships' with other companies from the sharing of rosters, they just haven't given it a name.

• Paid Members
But at the moment, it just seems to be a front for this new European Championship, which by all means is good if it draws interest to each promotion involved, but I'm fearful the novelty of such will soon wear off.

I'll be interested in any further developments to this initiative.

surely thats what every wrestling promotion does everywhere with any idea they come up with. The obvious wanted result is to create a buzz so people tune in, thats the point.

I applaud them for doing something more. Im sick to fucking death of hearing about 'x' promotion sorting out a tv deal (which never fruits), or doing a tour, or the same old shit where nothing different happens. I want brit wres to be as big as it can be, the way things stand, its sloped from its past potential.. to the point everyones more bothered about foreign companies putting shows on over hear (noah, DG etc), hopefully something like this will give it a kick and freshen things up.

What if said European champ did a show for a promotion who is not part of euro group.. would he be able to put the title on the line? if so, can he lose the title to a random dude from another promotion... if not, then obviously we all know the outcome before it happens.

While I think the idea as all well and good and has some obvious positives - promotion, talent exchange - I think we're missing the big news that All Star is involved in this.

All Star is by far England's biggest fed drawing crowds of thousands to some shows - I'd say 400 in some markets - And I have always wondered why they never ventured that much into the Yorkshire area.

Obviously after you get past the talent exchange and having a 'Europe' Champion, there probably won't be that much more to the deal, so I hope it benefits SSW and PBW as much as possible.

Hey guys

Thanks for the support and understanding of the idea. To start with, it is right now just a way to bring Europe a legitimate European Title to be defended around Europe. There may be more to come after this is established and works well.

Just to say, most of what UEWA is about is on the website, but to answer a couple of queries in here. UEWA will not effect any non-member feds in England in anyway. And the title will be defended in the 8 companies taking part so far only. Other countries are interested and are free to join us at a later date. Hopefully eventually every country in Europe will be represented.

Thanks again.

Must say that I am rather impressed with All Star being involved, by far the biggest promotion in Europe it makes the project seem noticeable with them involved. Personally I think it's a rather neat idea, it's not going to gain bigger houses, and it won't effect the promotions not involved, but the benifits for the champion are great, as they'll get to travel around the defend the belt in regions/countrys that may not have used them before.

• Paid Members
Must say that I am rather impressed with All Star being involved, by far the biggest promotion in Europe it makes the project seem noticeable with them involved. Personally I think it's a rather neat idea, it's not going to gain bigger houses, and it won't effect the promotions not involved, but the benifits for the champion are great, as they'll get to travel around the defend the belt in regions/countrys that may not have used them before.

this is the truth.

i for one will travel to watch.

Archived