August

14th August - Italian Championship Wrestling - Brusson, Italy

15th August - Shooting Star Wrestling - Wath upon Dearne, England

21st August - Premier British Wrestling - Alloa, Scotland

28th August - World Wide Pro Wrestling - H

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sounds like a great idea, from a Championship geek's point of view (i.e. mine). It will generate interest in other organisations and the wrestling scene across Europe. It will also be great exposure for the travelling Champion in places where he might normally never get to be seen.

Out of interest, will other promotions from countries already represented be allowed to join in the future? I understand the need for balance, as saturating the UEWA with, say, English federations would water down the meaning of a Europe-wide title. But is the idea to eventually have several promotions in each country being part of this?

This sounds like a great idea, from a Championship geek's point of view (i.e. mine). It will generate interest in other organisations and the wrestling scene across Europe. It will also be great exposure for the travelling Champion in places where he might normally never get to be seen.

Out of interest, will other promotions from countries already represented be allowed to join in the future? I understand the need for balance, as saturating the UEWA with, say, English federations would water down the meaning of a Europe-wide title. But is the idea to eventually have several promotions in each country being part of this?

You are totally correct

And to answer your queries.

To not water down the concept only one promotion per country is allowed (the UK being the exception with two), we are taking on applications at the minute from promotions in countries not represented yet, so other promotions may be added soon. There is a strict list of rules and guidelines and parameters to be met and adhered, so obviously we are looking for quality members that can give the belt as much prestige as possible.

There has been a very good interview conducted with the original UEWA founder Marcus Sellhorn for Piledriver-online, that hopefully will be availible to read soon. Also Fighting Spirit will be doing more on UEWA soon.

To avoid spamming the board, we will post all UEWA news in this thread as we get it, including who will be selected for the 16 man tournament.

Never fear if the finals take place in a country you cannot get to, there will be a dvd of everything that happens availible afterwards so no one will miss out.

16 man tournament.

Now that sounds absolutely quality, I'm a huge fan of tournaments in Wrestling so this appeals to me pretty damn good. With the news that a DVD of the tournament is going to be released can only make this adventure better.

Is the tournament going to have a name? It could be called: Crowning A UEWA Champion.

Good luck to all involved.

16 man tournament.

Now that sounds absolutely quality, I'm a huge fan of tournaments in Wrestling so this appeals to me pretty damn good. With the news that a DVD of the tournament is going to be released can only make this adventure better.

Is the tournament going to have a name? It could be called: Crowning A UEWA Champion.

Good luck to all involved.

Thank you.

And no it doesn't have a name yet. We are all working on the logistics of a suitable venue, date and having 16 men from around Europe be feasibly free for that date. So far things have been smooth and talent is eager to take part.

Why is everyone in this thread kissing this guys arse? Stupid name and the idea has already been tried before probably with a lot more money thrown at it, does anyone remember RQW?

I don't seem to recall RQW doing the same exact thing (they may have so I don't hold me to that), only thing that is similar could be the King of Europe yet that isn't a title that is going to defended in each of promotions in the tournament. This isn't a governing body, it is just a alliance of European Promotions to attempt to establish a true European Wrestling Champion and to bring more of the unseen talents from other countries in Europe

I can't see anything negative in this. Just looks like a cool low cost venture that can't be much more challenging than running a fed and using the odd import every now and again anyway. I don't think the SSW guy is after his arse kissing, he/she is just anonymously passing on news and answering questions asked. PBW haven't said much and All Star avoid the net fans, so someone has to promote the venture in the UK.

Also, yes Mr/Mrs SSW keep this updated so those of us who can't be arsed (like myself) to track down every happening can see the latest by just visiting this thread.

Hypothetically speaking i was wondering how they would come to working out the tournament so i came up with the following which in theory would work.

Each promotion would pick and book a match to qualify to represent the promotion in an 8 man tournament.

Once each promotion has its representative the brackets are made for the tournament.

8 men would make the first round matches 4 in total. There would be a random lottery drawing to see which promotions held these matches.

The next stage would have 4 men competing in the semi finals. Again there would be a lottery to determine which promotions got to host these matches.

The final match would then take place on a show of either of the two promotions being represented in the final. This would be decied by a coin toss.

Archived