New Doctor Who

stewdogg

• Paid Members

Yup, Moffat mentioned that in an interview IIRC. Barrowman was filming that awful US Torchwood series at the time and couldn't do it. Shame, I think it would've been a fun episode for him to pop up in (logical, too) without being too overbearing like he can be.

I think that's a tad unfair on Tennant. I think Matt has his moments where he plays it older than Tennant did but there's certainly moments where Tennant feels ancient.

That wasn't meant to be a criticism of Tennant. The Hamlet reference was to try and put into context the balance they struck between innocent wide eyedness and utter despair/darkness.

• Paid Members

What may be the tiniest of Christmas special spoilers:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Part of the Christmas special is being filmed in central Bristol on Monday night. No plot details other than its in a couple of streets that can pass for Victorian era and there'll be a fake snow machine.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by JNLister

I would love to see Captain Jack come back, when he first arrived in season 1 I thought he was great, Torchwood and the over exposure of John Barrowman turned me off him but I still think he could work well as a companion and if Rory and Amy are leaving and a new woman is joining it would be cool to have Jack back to make the Tardis a 3 man crew again. He was invented by Moffat right?

• Paid Members

Yeah, he's an obvious choice for filling up the Tardis a bit more. I've liked having it more full, especially in The Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon. It's more fun and a less worn-out dynamic than Doctor-with-female-companion.

Yeah, he's an obvious choice for filling up the Tardis a bit more. I've liked having it more full, especially in The Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon. It's more fun and a less worn-out dynamic than Doctor-with-female-companion.

I think he'd work in a Good Man Goes to War scenario but no more than that. You'd just have Jack and Amy flirting and Rory sulking some more.

I think he'd work in a Good Man Goes to War scenario but no more than that. You'd just have Jack and Amy flirting and Rory sulking some more.

Amy and Rory are leaving, the suggestion was to have him join after they go to keep the 2 companion dynamic that we have now.

• Paid Members
My run through of Doctor Who has got me finally to the end of the Pertwee era.

Have a read of you have the time.

http://stuartreviewsstuff.wordpress.com/ca...tor-who/page/3/

When I was little and had the 20th Anniversary Special magazine, I thought Pertwee's dandy outfit looked great, and there was a promo shot of him giving a Sea Devil the mother of all intense stares, so I took on an assumed favouritism of Pertwee. When I finally saw a bunch of Pertwee episodes years later, I found him incredibly irritating. To this day, I've only watched about half a dozen Pertwee stories (including The Three Doctors and The Five Doctors).

The Pertwee era was solid in that it had a level of cast and crew consistency the show hadn't seen up to that point or would really see again in the 'Classic' era.

Not too many all time classic stories but at the same time only a handful of poor ones.