New Doctor Who

stewdogg

The whole apple/rubik's cube could just be a red herring, thrown in there because people picked up on the whole sleeve thing in the last series. I certainly agree that's it's not a ganger because of the regenerating.

As River can regenerate, maybe she somehow regenerates into the form of The Doctor then shoots herself, not knowing it's a future version of herself, hence she thinks she's shot 'The greatest man she ever knew', but she's actually shot a version of herself from way into the future.

Or something.

We know that Alex Kingston is the LAST version of that character because (a) she sacrificed her regeneration and (b) we've seen her outright die in season 4.

Course that's not to mean we won't see earlier (and evil) versions of her character

• Paid Members
Oh and i'm going to throw this out despite the chances of it not happening:

What if there are two doctors? What if there is a REAL one and a GANGER one, and the REAL doctor dies, whilst the guilt stricken ganger survives and takes his place?

How ballsy would THAT be?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure I heard a Timelord is only supposed to be able to regenerate X amount of times and The Doctor's are almost up. Would your suggestion also reboot The Doctor's regenerations?

How would we feel about moving forward with the wrong Doctor like that? I'm honestly not sure.

• Paid Members
Oh and i'm going to throw this out despite the chances of it not happening:

What if there are two doctors? What if there is a REAL one and a GANGER one, and the REAL doctor dies, whilst the guilt stricken ganger survives and takes his place?

How ballsy would THAT be?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure I heard a Timelord is only supposed to be able to regenerate X amount of times and The Doctor's are almost up. Would your suggestion also reboot The Doctor's regenerations?

How would we feel about moving forward with the wrong Doctor like that? I'm honestly not sure.

Was it 13 regenerations? Although , i believe they can ask for more, (in various old episodes the master did this aparently).

Not sure about the ganger thing? Maybe it'd be a double bluff, have the ganger anyway, then something else happen on top of that.....either way i cant wait, i love the series ender episode!

Edited by Bowyo T

• Paid Members

No in Sarah Jane Adventures the Doctor claimed it was 465 or something like that, then in the last series the point came up again and he stated something to the effect, 465/13 doesn't matter its just a number really I can do this as many times as I want. Which was their way of getting out of it.

*Edit*

Just found this:

According to the 'rules' set out by the old writers, a Time Lord can regenerate 12 times, meaning a total of 13 different forms.

However, in the current state of things, the old writers didn't expect the Time Lord homeworld to be destroyed, so what they thought seems to be irrelevant.

Now, since the Doctor is the only Time Lord left, he has complete autonomy on the Eye of Harmony, whose only remaining link is deep in the Catacombs of the TARDIS. It is the Eye that gives a Time Lord the ability to regenerate and so if no-one else is governing it, it's up to the Doctor how long he lives.

Edited by Snake Plissken

• Paid Members
Yes but given the Time War he could have been given an infinite amount of regenerations. Indeed we're not entirely sure he's regenerated straight from McGann into Ecclestone.

Just a theory.

Smith's doctor has already referred to himself as the Eleventh on at least one occasion (The Lodger), so you'd presume that it went McGann to Ecclescake.

Yes but given the Time War he could have been given an infinite amount of regenerations. Indeed we're not entirely sure he's regenerated straight from McGann into Ecclestone.

Just a theory.

Smith's doctor has already referred to himself as the Eleventh on at least one occasion (The Lodger), so you'd presume that it went McGann to Ecclescake.

Also in the diary River had (and also IIRC the journal that Tennant kept when he was fobwatched) there were no pictures of additional doctors, only the 10/11 known.

• Paid Members

Just a theory.

Also in the diary River had (and also IIRC the journal that Tennant kept when he was fobwatched) there were no pictures of additional doctors, only the 10/11 known.

And in Smiths first episode the alien ran through the past Doctors in response to The Doctor asking it to check for the Earths guardian.

• Paid Members

Am i the only one who thinks if they ever did do a "Various number of doctors in one episode" Paul Mcgann would be great to have as the doctor.

I'd at least like some form of back story on what happened between doctors, maybe if the current doctor how he's snuffed it 10 times etc, "I've been shot/Zapped/Absorbed radiation/etc/etc". Would just be a nice little add on i suppose.

• Paid Members
Am i the only one who thinks if they ever did do a "Various number of doctors in one episode" Paul Mcgann would be great to have as the doctor.

I'd at least like some form of back story on what happened between doctors, maybe if the current doctor how he's snuffed it 10 times etc, "I've been shot/Zapped/Absorbed radiation/etc/etc". Would just be a nice little add on i suppose.

I'd still like to see a special based on the time war.

Basic plot could be that the timelords and daleks have agreed to work together to try and break the time lock and take revenge on the universe (and the doctor).

The only person who can stop them is the doctor, so doctors 8, 9, 10 and 11 join forces to fight the timelords and daleks.

I love Paul McGann - Withnail & I is one of my favourite films.

• Paid Members

Matt Smith is apparently pulling for a multi-Doctor episode for the 50th anniversary (2013).

And yeah, McGann would be ace, and is probably one of the few who'd actually do it. Wouldn't bet against Tennant and either of the Bakers being up for it either. Be interesting to see how they write it in, though - Smith's Doctor could never tell Tennant's he was the next one, because in The Eleventh Hour it's quite a key point that the Doctor doesn't know what he looks like.

Christopher Eccleston has already said no, Tom Baker is a maybe, but outside those who are already dead, I believe that several have already signed on for this idea.

I think Tom Baker will as he's always said one of his biggest regrets is not doing The Five Doctors.

I wonder about the ones who are dead and will they do like they did in The Five Doctors and get someone who looks enough like them to take their place?