[Nominations] Worst Event of 2008

tiger_rick

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ECW One Night Stand 2008

Fucking travesty.

Wow, that was my pick for BEST card of the year. What was so bad that you chose it to be worse than any other show this year?

I think to me there was nothing about it that was anything like ECW. The first one night stand was very good as there was still an ECW feel to things, the ONS 2008 made me cringe all the way through as to be honest, it should have been called WWE One Night Stand.

I just remember disliking the whole thing as it felt like a blatant 'fuck you' to everyone who'd ever liked ECW weather you were a WWE fan or not. I'm not an ECW elitist in any way shape or form, but that show really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Edited by DJ Stevie C

ECW One Night Stand 2008

Fucking travesty.

Wow, that was my pick for BEST card of the year. What was so bad that you chose it to be worse than any other show this year?

I think to me there was nothing about it that was anything like ECW. The first one night stand was very good as there was still an ECW feel to things, the ONS 2008 made me cringe all the way through as to be honest, it should have been called WWE One Night Stand.

It was called WWE One Night Stand.

200px-One_Night_Stand_2008.jpg

There's only been two ECW One Night Stands; 2007 and 2008 were WWE offerings.

As far as I can tell, you're slating it for not being ECW, and that's hardly fair. Why not judge it on the content, rather than on some rose-tinted nostalgia?