What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

It's not on tv, but I bought the boxset of Arrested Development a few weeks ago and am ploughing through. It's brilliant, if entirely unlike anything else. It's also confirmed I'm a pervert.

It's not on tv, but I bought the boxset of Arrested Development a few weeks ago and am ploughing through. It's brilliant, if entirely unlike anything else. It's also confirmed I'm a pervert.

Funnily enough, my brother was disgusted that I hadn't seen it so he lent me the boxset. Yet to watch any though but I'm sure I'll love it.

• Paid Members

It's the best isn't it. It was the constant praise it got on here from people whose comedy judgement I trust in (Rockwell and JLM mainly) that convinced me to give it a go. I don't know why but before that I wrongly assumed it was another shit family based US sitcom, in the mould of 'Two and a Half Men' or something. Couldn't have been further from the truth.

The pervert comment though....do go on.

Edited by Burchill's Buddy

• Paid Members

Anybody else watching "One Man Army" on Discovery? This show is fucking insane. Remember that thing on Sky One with Phil Mitchell and a bunch of supposed hard-nuts? Well this is like that crossed with a Commando. Basically they round up four marines/green berets/MMA fighters and make them fire massive guns in the back of a moving jeep, destroy heavy doors and do impossible tasks whilst completely underwater. Here's a typical scene...

• 2 weeks later...

Onto Season Two of Mad Men now, and really really enjoying it. Last episode I watched was 'A Night To Remember' and i thought it was fantastic, finally I am starting to see shades to Joans character who I absolutely hated up until this point, Betty becomes way better too and I am really intruiged by her relationship with Don and her own self. Also the slow unravelling of Don is amazing, like in 'The Gold Violin' SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

"You're not Don Draper"

gave me chills.

add me to the list of people gutted about Bored To Death being cancelled, loved it :(

Edited by Cobra1000

• Paid Members

It's the best isn't it. It was the constant praise it got on here from people whose comedy judgement I trust in (Rockwell and JLM mainly) that convinced me to give it a go. I don't know why but before that I wrongly assumed it was another shit family based US sitcom, in the mould of 'Two and a Half Men' or something. Couldn't have been further from the truth.

The pervert comment though....do go on.

Was very happy to find a supermarket that sells frozen bananas - got some in, along with a thing of candybeans, to watch a marathon.