UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

From what I remember, "The Snake" just doesn't rate the guy. He really hated Jericho's microphone style, for some reason too.

Cheers.

There was alot of other wrestlers I could see Jake criticising but Jericho wasn't one of them and he didn't seem to praise him on anything. Your right though Jake is entitled to his opinion and just doesn't rate the guy.

I remember the interview Jake did on the Talksport wrestling show where he went on at length about Jericho's problems. He reckoned Jericho was an ego wrestler, and would change all his shit to try and "keep up" with the other guy in the ring. Therefore, if he was wrestling a huge power guy, he'd start doing power moves. If he was wrestling a flyer, he'd pull out tons of aerials. If he was wrestling a mat wizard, he'd be busting out submission holds all over the place. Jake felt that he didn't have enough of his own shit to work into matches and didn't know how to pull himself back and let the other guy look good doing his own shit, but instead would try to match him and take away the emphasis on what made them different. He also knocked him really hard for nicking Benoit's triple suplex spot, because you just don't steal other people's spots.

• Paid Members
Going through some old Brit Wrestling videos, I ended up watching this match. A Disco Challenge Match, Kendo Nagasaki vs Iron Fist Clive Myers, two of the UK greats, in a ring surrounded by a disco ball and a funky version of Beethoven.

I know this era of wrestling came up with some corkers, but seriously what the hell.

Does anyone how or why this match came about? Was Brian Dixon on something or was he pushed into promoting it in a rather WCW Kiss Demon sort of way.

It was the first time the ITV slot was filled by a rival to Joint Promotions, and the WWF was scheduled for the slot the next week. I presume Dixon wanted something exciting and glam to make a difference. It was certainly different.

Thanks for that. It just seemed to jump out of nowhere.

Was it promoted beforehand, or did it just happen one week?

My nephew just got a bunch of wrestling figures off Freecycle and one of them we can't recognise at all.

He has blonde shoulder length hair with a blonde goatee and is wearing grey combat trousers with very defined pockets halfway down the thigh.

Can anyone help us work out who it is? I know it's probably really obvious and I'm just being thick, but we'd love to know who it is.

On the bottom of the foot it had "TitanTron Jakks Pacific" if that helps at all.

Cheers.

My nephew just got a bunch of wrestling figures off Freecycle and one of them we can't recognise at all.

He has blonde shoulder length hair with a blonde goatee and is wearing grey combat trousers with very defined pockets halfway down the thigh.

Can anyone help us work out who it is? I know it's probably really obvious and I'm just being thick, but we'd love to know who it is.

On the bottom of the foot it had "TitanTron Jakks Pacific" if that helps at all.

Cheers.

i'm pretty sure that thats skinner...

I don't think it is HHH as his hair isn't quite shoulder length.

Skinner was dark haired though wasn't he? And I don't think they would have made one of him in the Titantron range.

There isn't anything being worn on the top half.

The legs and arms are definitely movable.

Edited by Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete

I don't think it is HHH as his hair isn't quite shoulder length.

Skinner was dark haired though wasn't he? And I don't think they would have made one of him in the Titantron range.

There isn't anything being worn on the top half.

The legs and arms are definitely movable.

Spike Dudley??

• Paid Members
I don't want to search for it as I'm bound to come across spoilers, so...

Can someone confirm (or not) that there was a Strikeforce MMA show last night??

Thanks.

It was 2 nights ago I think.

I don't want to search for it as I'm bound to come across spoilers, so...

Can someone confirm (or not) that there was a Strikeforce MMA show last night??

Thanks.

It was 2 nights ago I think.

There was a mid-week TV special (which was pretty good), but I thought there was one Saturday too. Didn't think it would clash with TUF Final though so presumed it was Saturday?? Can't see it on any torrent sites yet which would be odd if it aired on Friday?