UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
I'll be going to a televised Raw show in the states next year and am aware that additional events usually happen when the cameras stop rolling. In terms of time, can anyone say how much?

It can vary quite a bit. I went to a Smackdown/ECW taping in Memphis a couple of years back and the dark match main event was a Jeff Hardy/Rey Mysterio vs Edge/Chris Jericho cage match with Jerry Lawler as special guest referee.

They didn't use the cage hanging from the ceiling, so it took 10 minutes or so to erect the cage (the regular cage had been used the night before at the Raw taping I went to in Birmingham AL, and was being used at the Extreme Rules PPV on the Sunday - don't know if this was the reason, or if they just don't bother if it's not televised - the cage they used wasn't of such high quality), then Lawler milked it for about 10 minutes (which was fine, as his reaction was pretty awe-inspiring), then there was about 10 minutes of match, then Edge/Jericho did about 10 minutes of comedy "protesting the result", which they seemed to be having great fun with. So all told, there was a good 40 minutes or so of stuff after the main taping had finished.

I would think both tapings I went to that week each ran to about 4 hours total, as they did all of Superstars at Raw that week (3 matches before, the Superstars main event after Raw but before the dark main event) and obviously ECW at Smackdown, as well as the usual dark matches before (which for me featured Drew McIntrye and Sheamus just before they both debuted for real).

• Paid Members

Have Chris Jericho & HHH ever been anything other than mortal enemies? The heel/face dynamic has switched, but have they ever had any kind of (even loose) allegiance at any point?

Just something that occured to me when the Evolution theme came on my MP3 as I was walking home from work. I think a rehash of Evolution with HHH & Jericho in the top two roles could be a lot of fun.

Have Chris Jericho & HHH ever been anything other than mortal enemies? The heel/face dynamic has switched, but have they ever had any kind of (even loose) allegiance at any point?

Just something that occured to me when the Evolution theme came on my MP3 as I was walking home from work. I think a rehash of Evolution with HHH & Jericho in the top two roles could be a lot of fun.

At backlash 2003 Triple H, Ric Flair and Chris Jericho defeated Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash and Booker T, it may have been a one off thing but it's the closest I can find.

Edited by xear

2. How often to IPW do a big show in Sittingborne?

Well they did 6 last year, but only 4 this year. They have a show on Feb 26th with Finlay and most likely Doug Williams, Mastiff vs Samuels (likely) and proably the American talent announced for wXw's 16 Carat the week after.

Well worth the trip, I whole heartedly would recommend IPW:UK to any BritWres and Indy fan.

• Paid Members
2. How often to IPW do a big show in Sittingborne?

Well they did 6 last year, but only 4 this year. They have a show on Feb 26th with Finlay and most likely Doug Williams, Mastiff vs Samuels (likely) and proably the American talent announced for wXw's 16 Carat the week after.

Well worth the trip, I whole heartedly would recommend IPW:UK to any BritWres and Indy fan.

I've heard nothing but amazing things and they always look class after the fact, its just that little bit too far so logic kicks in and I realise I either can't spare the time or money when ever I look into it.

I'm determined to make this the year I do make it by god, even if it means breaking the habit of a life time and planning ahead, and while I'm down that way I'll try and take a quick run to France for drink to kill two birds.

Edited by Tommy!

Just watching Smackdown and on From The Vault they had a submission match between Taker and Punk. I remember the match, but not why Teddy Long was trying to screw Taker. Anyone refresh my memory?

Please tell me that's not this weeks you are watching, and this is not on yet again?

Just watching Smackdown and on From The Vault they had a submission match between Taker and Punk. I remember the match, but not why Teddy Long was trying to screw Taker. Anyone refresh my memory?

I think it was the time Teddy was on probation by Vince McMahon - I guess the implication was Teddy was doing what he thought Vince would want him to do to keep his job. I don't think the storyline reached a conclusion.