UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Can anyone tell me about the origins of the Extreme Horsemen? I'd like to know how and why the group formed, and when it happened. Thanks.

Corino started it up in TCW, then took it to MLW, seemed more like a way to get his buddies booked than owt else.

• Paid Members

In typically arrogant fashion, WWE debuted the Bashams in complete contrast to their gimmick which was running concurrently in OVW. (They were a tag-team of brothers in WWE whilst engaged in a feud at the same time in OVW.)

I've read a few times in the past that Jim Cornette came up with some genius explanation which he presented in OVW which explained whilst these two combatants could hate each other in the local territory whilst also working together as a team on the national stage.

Unfortunately, I don't know what this explanation was.

Can anybody enlighten me, please?

In typically arrogant fashion, WWE debuted the Bashams in complete contrast to their gimmick which was running concurrently in OVW. (They were a tag-team of brothers in WWE whilst engaged in a feud at the same time in OVW.)

I've read a few times in the past that Jim Cornette came up with some genius explanation which he presented in OVW which explained whilst these two combatants could hate each other in the local territory whilst also working together as a team on the national stage.

Unfortunately, I don't know what this explanation was.

Can anybody enlighten me, please?

It was that, luckily, nobody really gives a flying fuck about OVW, so they can do what they want.

Okay, I kid (a bit). Didn't Power Slam mention something about it being a mutual respect for each other outside of OVW confines due to the sheer hatred for the 'talentless' WWE roster or something like that? As a way to make OVW look extra special too?

Hi guys

When did the wwe vintage collection start in the UK and how many eps have there been? I have been trying to find a list of recaps but have been able to do date? Has it been a weekly thing or has their been gaps in the shows? Is it still on today on sundays etc.

It started in June 2008 (I think), and has been on pretty much every week since then, so you're looking at around 60-odd episodes. And yeah, still on Sundays on Sky Sports 3, around the 10am time, and repeated once or twice throughout the week, including right before Raw on Mondays.

Does anyone have a list of Kobashi's GHC title defences?

I've got a 4-disc DVD set of them all somewhere with the matches on, I'll report back if I can find it...All I can remember is he beat Misawa for it in 2003, defended at the Tokyo Dome twice (vs. Masa Chono in New Japan and Jun Akiyama in NOAH) and defended against Takeshi Rikio maybe twice and possibly Mike Awesome. There's plenty more than that too.