IPW:UK NO ESCAPE 2012 Sun 26th Feb, Sittingbourne

Andy

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Well, that answers cobystag's question from the other thread.

When are we getting more matches? I'm sure I've heard Zack Sabre Jr and Naom Dar mentioned for the Cruiserweight bracket..

Ask and ye shall receive!

Was hoping Doug Williams and El Generico would've been made official as well. Definitely want to see Marty vs Generico II if Zack is otherwise engaged in the cruiserweight tourny.

Would love to see Zack, Dar, Owen Phoenix from 4FW and another fight it out in Block B.

Terry Frazier or Martin Stone if fit would be a good choice of opponent for Finlay.

• Paid Members

Dar is a good shout, as he is a cracking wrestler in himself. As for Sabre, of course he's amazing and i would say the odds are on a LDRS final, (Scurll Vs Sabre) but i'm going to go for either a straight loss for Sabre or a Bracket B final loss to shake things us a bit.

I'm hoping the card looks something like:Samuels vs MastiffScurll vs Generico (or Mark Haskins for that matter if Generico is unavailable)Sabre vs Haskins (have they had any IPW:UK singles matches? And after the LDR's/Thrillers wars it'd be a nice little nod to the past)Dar vs X (it'll either be another wXw guy like AR Fox (not gonna hold my breath for Ricky Marvin but if it is........ GEEEEEZUS) or another UK debutant like a Mark Andrews or MK McKinnon)Project Ego vs Fox/Gresham (or Gresham/Younger)Finlay vs Stone (if he's ready to return, if not Terry Frazier)Doug Williams vs Joel RedmanwXw still aren't done with their names either......A Sabre vs Dar block final with Dar win would be amazing. Don't think Scurll vs Dar has ever happened before.

Can't wait to see who rounds off the tournament this week. Looking at the initial brackets it looked certain that it'd come down to Zack vs Marty in the final, but I'd love to see an upset at some point on this show. Plus I think the Sittingbourne crowd would be amazing for the eventual LDRS singles match.As for hopes/predictions for this show:Samuels vs MastiffScurll vs Generico IIZack vs FoxDar vs HaskinsFinlay vs Stone (athough with Stone pulling out of the PCW show two days earlier, this seems unlikely. Maybe T-Bone? Or maybe Finlay and Williams vs T-Bone and Spud)Lion Kid vs Jonathan GreshamZack vs Haskins (final)

Plus I think the Sittingbourne crowd would be amazing for the eventual LDRS singles match.

The finals are happening in the Troxy so that wouldn't be the case unfortunately :(
That was my point. I'd like to see Zack lose in this tournament so Marty can face Dar/Haskins/etc and save the LDRS match for a future Sittingbourne show.

I'm very happy with Dar and Zack as 2 of the remaining 4 names. There are some really good suggestions, I really like the sound of 2 from AR Fox, Lion Kid or Mark Haskins making up the final spots. Which all seem realistic considering they are booked on other UK shows that weekend.But seeing as 16 Carat Gold is the week after there will be a lot of imports knocking around and it would be so awesome to see anyone from Marvin, Younger, Generico and Gresham on the show too.Personally I'd love to see an all LDRS final but agree that it might be better saved for a Sittingborne home crowd.Whatever matches are made there is already some serious talent on this show with more to come, this should be awesome.

Archived