Amsterdam

Lawz

A group of mates of mine all regular marijuana smokers want to go to Amsterdam, I have said i'd come for the holiday but I was wondering about the changes in the law and stuff.Will it still be legal in Oct/Nov to smoke it and where abouts would be allowed? I've heard various stories of places indoor not allowed to smoke, outdoor not allowed to smoke but in designated areas.Any other advice is greatly appreciated, best places to stay, best shops to go to, prices of flights from Birmingham etc. Need to gather as much info as possible, I've seen posts on here before but since the search is completly fucked I thought I'd ask again. :thumbsup:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is one of the previous threads on the place. Might be useful.

I've no idea about any law changes but my advice as far as smoking is concerned is to go for the hash, I found that most of the bud is of a reasonably similar strength to that which I get over here but that the hash was mind blowing.

Also don't buy from the more commercial/touristy coffee shops such as the Grasshopper as they are far more expensive, take a walk outta the centre to buy, even if you come back in to smoke.

Oh yeah, definitely, definitely get stoned and go to the zoo, when I was there they had baby Tamarins (perfectly formed monkeys but only 4/5 inches long) that reduced me to the mentality of a five year old and a hippo that I bonded with deeply.

This is a good place to start , as far as the legality question is concerned.

Also , if you are not a regular toker , beware of the space cakes. Thats always the one piece of recreational advice about Amsterdam. People go and eat a plate full of hash brownies thinking their all fine and proper until over an hour later , they notice a facination with their own hands. Smoking Cannabis obviously hits the brain straight away , but with confectionary , its a different story and it takes time so watch out.

Be wary of the blokes trying to shift 'coke'. Try and speak a little dutch, my girlfriend and I ended up 3 stops away from the zoo. If you're a light toker then buy the pre rolled. Go for more than a couple of days. Do not sit at the front in the Banana bar. Leidsplein is a good place to stay.

Best advice you can receive - watch out for the push-bikes.

So true. :laugh:
Whilst stoned watch out for bikes, trams and cars when you you cross the road, the obsticles are imense espcially if your proper cained!

• Paid Members

A good rule of thumb is to ignore anybody who shouts at you to come into their cafe, window etc. If what they are selling is any good they won't need to do that to get customers.Also, if you're going to piss in an alleyway be careful it's not against a Police Station. Seriously. My mate got lifted for that one year and then saw someone else get lifted for it at the same place the next year.Oh, and don't trust the taxi drivers. They are robbing bastards.

Archived