Amsterdam

Lawz

You're in a decent location there, just a few doors down from where I stayed last summer. There's a really good coffee shop called Abraxas hidden away round there - if you find the Convent Hotel on the street you're staying on, there's a bakery over the road from it (just called "Boulangerie" I think). Go down the alley at the side of the bakers, and it's on your left as soon as you come out of the alleyway. I don't smoke weed, but the lass I went with said there was a decent selection. I can tell you their brownies are really quite special :)

I'm actually quite jealous, I'd fucking love to go back to Amsrterdam. Have fun!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Avoid the Bulldog coffee shops.

If you see a place named '420' I'd recommend you check it out. Drink prices are good and so is the herb. Very relaxed place. They have a good vape too.

Be wary of trams, bikes and steep as fuck stair cases and you're golden.

Enjoy

:alien:

Glad someone bumped this thread.

I'm going on the 27th Feb but it looks like it's just going to be a day thing. I think I'll be spending about 8 hours in Amsterdam in total during the daylight hours, I'll assume all the good stuff won't be open at this point will it? (i.e the sex shows) I need to fit in as much good stuff as I can do in this time. Apart from going to the Zoo and experiencing this 'Wok in a box' What else is a must do?

I stayed in a camp site called Camp Zeeburg when I went, it was right on the end of the tramline, pitch a tent, get a shower and some grub, 3 euros a night (which we ended up skipping out on), just dead cheap and easy access to the Dam, I'd recommend it, purely for its value.

That's where we stayed. Quality little place actually. Our main problem was begrudging paying for a tram so we walked into town which was much further than we thought. Ending up renting 2 bikes and giving each other backys.

If anyone stays there during the summer, there is a swimming pool across the bridge which you can get into for 1 euro if you show your Camp Zeeburg pass. :thumbsup:

Can anyone recommend any good pubs and nightclubs over there? I've been a couple of times before but never did much drinking. I've got a stag-do to organise and need suggestions for the Saturday night, any decent rock or drum n bass nights anywhere?

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

Quick Amsterdam question for people who have been more recently...

I know that mushrooms were made illegal in '08, but are they still easily available in shops?

And if not, I have heard that truffles are. What's the deal with them? Are they readily available? I believe they have the same active ingredient. How strong are they?

Any info you can give me on this would be helpful.. cheers.

• Paid Members

Chest, I was in Amsterdam last weekend and yes, Mushrooms are still very much available. They are advertised in shop windows along with truffles. You seem to find them being sold in the same establishments, so i'd guess they have similar ingrediants.

I stuck with the brownies, so can't comment on their effect, but my friend Jack was sufficiantly fucked up to jump off a 25ft high bridge into the river to catch a duck. Be safe Chest, don't go jumping from bridges.

Other little bits of advice: we didn't find a pint less than 5 euros or a bottle less than 4 euros, so if you're on a tight budget, steer clear of booze. We were also advised by the police that you can only legally carry 5g of produce at once, so if you buy a larger bag, be careful with how much you wander about with.

Have fun.

Archived