General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members
I didn't know he had died :( He wrote The Spy Who Loved Me As Well didn't he?

The Swimmer is Lancaster's best performance. His slow change over the film is fantastic

He did indeed. It's easily the best Bond film musically, too.

I'm glad someone else has seen The Swimmer. It's a great film and it's a shame that it isn't better known. Lancaster was one of the most versatile actors of his generation but not to the detriment of his overall quality.

• Paid Members
I didn't know he had died :( He wrote The Spy Who Loved Me As Well didn't he?

The Swimmer is Lancaster's best performance. His slow change over the film is fantastic

He did indeed. It's easily the best Bond film musically, too.

I'm glad someone else has seen The Swimmer. It's a great film and it's a shame that it isn't better known. Lancaster was one of the most versatile actors of his generation but not to the detriment of his overall quality.

Check him out in Separate Tables if you've never seen it. Its up there as one of his best performances which is overlooked because everyone was giving amazing turns in it (Probably David Nivens best performance as well)

Whilst having a google search for the poster for Twins earlier for the Photoshop thread, I came across this little doozy!

Is the world ready for a sequel to Twins?

Universal and Montecito Picture Co. are hoping to develop a follow-up to the 1988 hit comedy that starred Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito that would reunite the two stars.

But wait, there

• Paid Members
Whilst having a google search for the poster for Twins earlier for the Photoshop thread, I came across this little doozy!

Universal and Montecito Picture Co. are hoping to develop a follow-up to the 1988 hit comedy that starred Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito that would reunite the two stars.

But wait, there

• Paid Members

Rumours that Raiders Of The Last Ark is getting a limited IMAX release to celebrate the Bluray launch are making me very giddy. If they've managed to make it look anywhere near as good as the Back To The Future re-release it'll be amazing

• Paid Members

But wait, there

Rumours that Raiders Of The Last Ark is getting a limited IMAX release to celebrate the Bluray launch are making me very giddy. If they've managed to make it look anywhere near as good as the Back To The Future re-release it'll be amazing

raiders_imax_indiana_jones.jpg

also I'll be getting the blu ray and theres currently this which is the basic set

911pYGNMz3L._AA1500_.jpg

but theres a special edition that will be

Edited by iamtheman

• Paid Members

Poster for the new Arnie film here (didn't have it embedded because it's insanely large)

So excited the Austrian Oak has started making films again, hopefully he'll have a good autumn of his career as a new Clint Eastwood tough older dude type.

In this one he plays a border patrol guard of a small town against a Mexican drug cartel, it's directed by the guy who made I saw the devil which is a pretty cool crazy violent Korean thriller from a couple of years ago.

The one I'm really looking forward to is the Tomb though.

• Paid Members
So excited the Austrian Oak has started making films again, hopefully he'll have a good autumn of his career as a new Clint Eastwood tough older dude type.

In this one he plays a border patrol guard of a small town against a Mexican drug cartel, it's directed by the guy who made I saw the devil which is a pretty cool crazy violent Korean thriller from a couple of years ago.

I Saw The Devil is an absolute mess which should have been a great film. Really terrible and stupid in parts.

That said, if Jee-woo Kim can reign his excesses in, this could be a really fun film.

Edited by Gladstone Small

• Paid Members

I imagine he's not going to be able to get too crazy in a major western studio film that's also big Arnie's comeback. Hopefully everything will come together, I'm totally on board for Arnie's second wind, can't wait.

Also he does look awesome in the Tomb, he actually looks cool and he looks his age, that's what made me think of Eastwood, rather than Stallone who while I still enjoy a lot- looks really fucking weird.