Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

Well, somebody's got to be a bit inappropriate and too early to say this, so it may as well be me:On Raw tonight they will do a ten count salute to Benoit. And when they do, Vince McMahon, his family, and his creative staff are going to look like complete and utter fucking piece of shit cunt. In fact, if any McMahon family member has the gall to appear before the crowd tonight, they deserve to get cancer. Not MOJ exaggerating internet style cancer, but actual real terminal cancer.

I hope you're ready to retract that comment now. I realise you were probably pretty emotional last night but, especially coming from someone so intelligent, that's one of the most disgusting things I've ever read.

• Paid Members

i assume for a man with the strength of someone like benoit it could and propbably is a horrible accident that he strangled his wife after all u dont have to just die of lack of oxygen he could have accidently broke her neck. but consumed with guilt and full of panic ends up killing his son is also belivable. not making excuses for the guy what he did was terrible but id hardly say it was a cold blooded murder. my condolences to the rest of their family chris will be missed by many

Regardless of how strong you are, you don't accidentally break someones neck.How many stories do you hear about wrestlers accidentally breaking fans hands when they shake them at meet 'n greets?!
if u strangle sum1 in a rage its quite easy to break their neck, like that bob woolmer guy they treated it as murder because they thought he was strangled and had his neck broken, as far as the breakin fans hands thing well u know fine well how ridiculous that comment is

curry angel.. Innocent until PROVEN guilty. Not the other way around my friend.

Oh yeah for sure I'll admit that. But there is obviously a certain ammount of biased here due to him having so many classic matches. If you take the rose coloured spectacles off and forget about Benoit the wrestler and look at what has been written from legitimate sources (and take for granted these statements will more than likely be repeated at this press conference) then i think its very safe to tar Benoit with the murderer brushNancy and Daniel RIPBenoit rot in hell

Dont know if this has been posted yet but just read this on wrestlezone.com:

The AP reported that law enforcement officials close to the investigation have confirmed the current belief that Chris Benoit strangled wife Nancy with an electrical chord on Saturday, smothered his son with a bag on Sunday and then hung himself in his basement/weight room on Monday.

• Paid Members

To Curryangel, stfu and wait for the official comment before you start tarring a guys name with such vile accusations!

Hardly a vile accusation, the AP have confirmed he strangled his wife one day. smothered his child the next then finished himself off. He's one of my favourite wrestlers (the other being a wife beating wanker) and I really enjoyed watching him over the years, but he's a murderer and I'm not going to make any sort of excuse for him just so I'll still have a "hero".
Not making excuses, but the fact is that until the report of the coroner is given they said they aren't confirming anything.
Ah right, Fox News' headline was a bit miselading <h1 class="head">

Official: Wrestler Strangled Wife, Smothered Son, Hanged Self

</h1>

curry angel.. Innocent until PROVEN guilty. Not the other way around my friend.

Oh yeah for sure I'll admit that. But there is obviously a certain ammount of biased here due to him having so many classic matches. If you take the rose coloured spectacles off and forget about Benoit the wrestler and look at what has been written from legitimate sources (and take for granted these statements will more than likely be repeated at this press conference) then i think its very safe to tar Benoit with the murderer brushNancy and Daniel RIPBenoit rot in hell
Curry Angel.Fuck off.it's perfectly respectable to say "Innocent untill Proven Guilty". Because this is the case. Untill the news conference is gone, he's innocent. Untill the full invesitgation is completed, he's innocent. And i'm not letting my admiration of him as a performer alter my opinion. I'm a very open minded person, and truley believe in the innocent untill proven guilty mentality. Theres been far too many mis-carriages of justice in the past, when things looked clear cut to not have that mentality.So, get a grip mate, please.

Have only just finished reading the news (including the limited info on Wikipedia) and I just can't believe it.To Curryangel, stfu and wait for the official comment before you start tarring a guys name with such vile accusations!RIP Crippler, Woman and Daniel.

To pmy008 - please refrain from using the RIP eulogy for Benoit until he is acquitted of being a double murderer. RIP is a term of respect for people who have died. Surely you have no respect for someone who "apparently" murdered his wife and young child?
Actually I do as this is something that, as many people have said already, is completely out of character for him. If what is being said is true (and even if the police say it I will always have my doubts) then he must have been severely affected by something to do it and if that's the case then I still say rest in peace Benoit. I will feel sorry that he has been so affected by something that has led to him acting in such a way.But as I said, don't say anything for definite until it has been confirmed (as you seemed to be saying in your post). Once it has been confirmed by a coroner THEN you can start calling Benoit a double murderer and feel justified. As for me, I will feel sorry for the family, feel sorry for the fact that someone who brought a huge amount of enjoyment to my life in my late teens and early 20's through his wrestling was so affected by something that he acted in such a way and sorry that it affected his wife and son. And I will be damned if I agree with anyone that can't be arsed to see beyond this 1 thing and decide that that is how they will think of Benoit from now on!
I can't see it beyond what has been put in front of me. I mean obviously Benoit is a hero to a lot of people and they will ALWAYS look for reasons to rid him of total blame. But honestly, what the fuck could cause uyou to kill someone? If your choking them and you see them dying in front of you, surely you stop? This aint wrestling when they pass out but still come around in time to stop getting pinned!!Personally i believe i have the right to call Benoit a murderer as i can't see any other conclusion! You say its out of character, but please tell me what Chris Benoit the person was like? Because i sure as hell don't know!

• Paid Members

To Curryangel, stfu and wait for the official comment before you start tarring a guys name with such vile accusations!

Hardly a vile accusation, the AP have confirmed he strangled his wife one day. smothered his child the next then finished himself off. He's one of my favourite wrestlers (the other being a wife beating wanker) and I really enjoyed watching him over the years, but he's a murderer and I'm not going to make any sort of excuse for him just so I'll still have a "hero".
Not making excuses, but the fact is that until the report of the coroner is given they said they aren't confirming anything.

</h1>
It's official as in 'an official person' rather than 'an official statement'. You can't make an official statement until the formal procedures are complete. However, if the Associated Press are running a story, it's about as credible as you can get short of seeing it with your own eyes.Apter was just scary. He completely dimissed the idea that steroids are commonplace among major stars and implied Benoit just liked working out a lot. How anyone can with his experience in the business can call themselves a journalist and then say something like that is baffling.Incidentally, I don't see any real conflict between being disgusted by the apparant actions and remembering the guy's in-ring talent. His ring skills don't excuse the manner of his death, and his real-life activities don't change his on-screen work. Edited by JNLister

'Yes. And 3 people who I used to work with in a cinema all had cancer within a year, let's close down all cinemas too.'Ah yes, the risks of cinemas. Lots of drugs needed to sell popcorn and tickets.'My next door neighbour killed someone once, i'm thinking about proposing the abolition of next door neighbours. What do you think?!'Same as above.'lol nice one. You are calling my opinion naive. Why then did a Benoit signed action figure on the official wwe auction site, which had no interest last night, suddenly have dozens of bids for it come this afternoon with a top price of $305 before it was pulled. Compare that to the others up for auction right now.'IT WAS PULLED. and when was it pulled? this afternoon, right after what happened at their home came to light. If people want to now pay over the odds on ebay for dolls and whatever, that's their problem. Who do thy think will buy them in 5 years time? They'll be lucky to get half their money back.

• Moderators

Apter was just scary. He completely dimissed the idea that steroids are commonplace among major stars and implied Benoit just liked working out a lot. How anyone can with his experience in the business can call themselves a journalist and then say something like that is baffling.

Self preservation.

You say its out of character, but please tell me what Chris Benoit the person was like? Because i sure as hell don't know!

I'd say murdering your wife and young child would be out of character for virtually anybody. Edited by firstnameunknown

'Yes. And 3 people who I used to work with in a cinema all had cancer within a year, let's close down all cinemas too.'Ah yes, the risks of cinemas. Lots of drugs needed to sell popcorn and tickets.'My next door neighbour killed someone once, i'm thinking about proposing the abolition of next door neighbours. What do you think?!'Same as above.

Erm. Sarcasm?

</h1>
It's official as in 'an official person' rather than 'an official statement'. You can't make an official statement until the formal procedures are complete. However, if the Associated Press are running a story, it's about as credible as you can get short of seeing it with your own eyes.Apter was just scary. He completely dimissed the idea that steroids are commonplace among major stars and implied Benoit just liked working out a lot. How anyone can with his experience in the business can call themselves a journalist and then say something like that is baffling.Incidentally, I don't see any real conflict between being disgusted by the apparant actions and remembering the guy's in-ring talent. His ring skills don't excuse the manner of his death, and his real-life activities don't change his on-screen work.
Yeah and i notice you have retracted your prickish statement yet?