Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

How do they get to use the ECW name?

It's not ECW as in the wrestling company. It started out as a literary journal called "Essays in Canadian Writing." When it became an actual publisher it renamed itself ECW Press, with the letters now standing for Entertainment, Culture and Writing. They do lots of books about music, film, TV and the like. It's pretty much pure coincidence that they've become such a notable publisher of wrestling books.

The great thing about trademarks is that you can only trademark what you are using it for if that makes sense. I could set a up a company called WWE if it was a company selling sex toys or something.

The great thing about trademarks is that you can only trademark what you are using it for if that makes sense. I could set a up a company called WWE if it was a company selling sex toys or something.

Not if they both involved getting pummeled in the ring, you couldn't.

Not if they both involved getting pummeled in the ring, you couldn't.
I've just pictured you reading Krazy's post and then a magic little light bulb going off over your head just before you feverishly reply to that within 5 seconds incase someone beat you to it.Awesome.

• Paid Members

Toxicology results come out at 2.30 local time (7.30 here) today.Shit then hits fan.

Will the results make much difference to anything? The media have already decided it's a result of roidrage or other steriod related things and have run their stories based on this. Will the toxicology reports give them much more to print? I fully expect their the be Steriods or other such substances in his system, but does this disprove the statement that "His last test in April was negative"? Does it force WWE into filling the holes in it's Wellness programme any more than all the media attention? and most importantly, how likely is it that the results will give give any reasoning to his actions of that weekend?

it's gona cause the wee havoc if it comes back with crazy amount of steroids in his body! fuck knows how they are gonna combat this one if thats the casedoes this mean we will ever see an independant drug program being implemented - out of the wwe's hands?!

Toxicology results come out at 2.30 local time (7.30 here) today.Shit then hits fan.

Will the results make much difference to anything? The media have already decided it's a result of roidrage or other steriod related things and have run their stories based on this. Will the toxicology reports give them much more to print? I fully expect their the be Steriods or other such substances in his system, but does this disprove the statement that "His last test in April was negative"? Does it force WWE into filling the holes in it's Wellness programme any more than all the media attention? and most importantly, how likely is it that the results will give give any reasoning to his actions of that weekend?
It will make a huge difference!If there are no / little steroids the media will go 'oh we have to look somewhere else for an answer' and probably leave the story (and vince) alone for a bit. If there are loads of steroids in his body they will come down like the Polish Hammer all over the WWE. They won't care about half truths, and there's a good chance they will have their red rag when the Toxicology report comes back.

7:30 - that should give me time to read the rest of this thread since I read most of it last week. ;) Anyway, I think it'll be big news.For the most part it seems like the Benoit story was out of the headlines for a couple of days and I was going to post that it'll be straight back up there when the toxicology reports come back: now I find out that's today.Regardless of what it does or doesn't prove, expect even more media uproar over the next couple of weeks if they find steriods in Benoit's body.

Yeah, hence the world wildlife fund being able to force the then wwf to change it's name.Because panda saving and steroid fun are wildly similar.

• Paid Members

No court has ever ruled on whether there was any confusion between the two groups, who had the rights to the trademark, or anything close to that issue.The wrestling group CHOSE to sign a voluntary agreement to stop using the initials in certain circumstances. They then broke that agreement. The courts ruled that if you voluntarily sign an agreement to do so something along these lines, you have to stick to it.